Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Pokemon  (Read 6823 times)

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2011, 02:36:45 am »

I never got into Pokemon, probably had something to do with my dad's fondness of denouncing things in my presence.
Hello Hunam

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2011, 08:19:02 am »

i played Red to death. But then i was what, 10 or 11?

I'd play it again if they made a reasonable game out of it instead of the umpteenth reincarnation of
"start in 4 house town.
choose fire water plant pokemon.
have a rival.
who picks pokemon strong against yours.
travel along linear path. beat arena guys.
who are conveniently ordered from weak to strong.
only be allowed to go on after taking the arena."

This could so be a good RPG/Strategy game, but it restricts itself tightly to children its not even funny.
Not to mention i hated the half-game marketing. and its not gotten better with the following gold/silver diamond/ruby or whatever its called, where you suddenly need 4 or 6 games to have a remote chance of ever getting all the damned things together.

And why would the retarded things only ever learn 4 moves :E and not be able to use them unlimited times :E

Sigh.
anyway. i'm all game when they remake it. and allow for all pokemon to be caught in one game.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2011, 08:47:12 am »

I've had Pokemon since before I started remembering, my second memory ever is that bridge up to to the guy who owns the Pokemon box in Pokemon Yellow (or Blue, I can't remember which).
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2011, 11:09:45 am »

I played pokémon blue to death back in '99, and so did everyone else in my school. I have some glorious memories of school ground pokémon trading card economy. People even stole each others' cards...

I still have that pokémon blue cartridge for the original gameboy (along with the gameboy itself) lying around somewhere. The save on that one even has a complete (151 pokémon catched) pokédex, and without cheating or glitching! Man I had a lot of free time back then...
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2011, 11:17:41 am »

I'm still a little interested in Pokemon, but mostly Nuzlocke mode, and ONLY if I'm not on my computer. I've got games to play and stuff to do, and Pokemon takes up time I could've spent better.
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2011, 11:51:28 am »

I first got into Pokemon in 2004, when I was in elementary school. A friend let me borrow Sapphire version for a while, but later said I could just keep it. Since then, I've played through and beaten Sapphire, Ruby, FireRed, Diamond, and am currently planning on doing a run-through of Pokemon Black using the Japanese knowledge I have from a course I'm currently taking.  In the meantime, I've been attempting to beat Ruby version again in a Nuzlocke+ challenge, and it is incredibly fun once more, though the basic game itself is too easy for me now. I've heard the AI is much better in Black, so I'll probably buy that to do a Nuzlocke+ challenge in a new region that I don't already know by heart.

As for battling other people, I still have at least half a dozen friends in high school who I occasionally battle and trade with.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2011, 12:01:19 pm »

I remember catching a shiny Sudowoodo in gold, then I loaned the game to someone for a few hours, specifically saying "Don't save." 3 guesses as to what he did.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2011, 12:03:34 pm »

Ah yes.. the good old days of 'Red' and 'Blue'..
Tough back then I could not build a proper dragon team, as I can today.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2011, 12:07:19 pm »

I'm probably one of the few members here (that have been vocal) that pretty much went through all the generations they released and played them to death (more or less). It is a way of keeping in touch with my inner child (plus, you might not believe it, but Pokemon is indeed growing up, little by little.)

Arguably, competitive Pokemon is a very fun and deep affair, even though you WILL rage about critical hits (and everyone does.)
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2011, 12:21:42 pm »

<_<

Emulators, back in the day. I never even had a handheld until I got my DS last year.

Still play, though. Fun, even though I'm a kind of crappy battler.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2011, 01:44:35 pm »

Ah, competitive battling. I battle friends sometimes, but I usually have to handicap myself because I usually use the team that I trained for an actual public tournament in a city near where I live. I got ~$300 for 5th place, and it was a bit of fun. Since then, I've really only battled competitively using the Pokemon Lab client provided by Smogon University.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2011, 12:49:14 am »

My first was Gold, I always chose Totodile because its a ALLIGATOR I mean, HOW AWESOME IS TO HAVE YOUR OWN PERSONAL LITTLE ALLIGATOR?
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2011, 12:58:36 am »

I've played it since Blue, and have a Pinball cartridge with the exact same battery for the rumble thing that it came with, what, 8 years ago?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2011, 01:15:28 am »

It was my first ever game I had bought myself and the first actual game for my Game Boy Pocket. I had gotten the Game Boy a year or so before for Christmas and when Pokemon came out it hadn't hit the big MUST BUY games that they are now days. My father was going down to Sydney for the V8 Supercar Endurance Race at Bahurst and the rest of us had taken him up to the Goldcoast to get him onto the plane, we had stopped in at the local Mall and we were going around the place, I had just gotten my pocket money a while ago and was carrying it that day and well when I saw it I thought it looked interesting and bought Pokemon Red due to it having a Dragon on the front (I like dragons ^_^). I don't think I even remember him going to go get onto the plane, I just remember trying to capture a fucking Abra just outside Mount Moon...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2011, 01:15:51 am »

A New Question: What is your favorite Region/Pokemon from any game, Mine would be HERACROSS!
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8