Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Egg launcher.  (Read 2522 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Egg launcher.
« on: February 17, 2011, 02:23:28 pm »

Is it possible to make an animal that lays eggs as hard as rocks and a launcher that recognizes them as ammo. Or perhaps just to use regular eggs as training ammo.

I'm sorry, the idea sprung into my head and it was too much not to post it. :P
You know a part of you wants to....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Egg launcher.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 02:33:56 pm »

Nah make bees into a type of ammo those things spawns over 10,000 and very well should be fire out of a custom gun.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 03:02:45 pm »

Nah make bees into a type of ammo those things spawns over 10,000 and very well should be fire out of a custom gun.

Makes me think of that alien Half-Life weapon.  :D

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 03:54:18 pm »

Civ forge has a long-arm weapon that takes various random stuff and uses it as ammo and uses the throwing skill so I'd imagine it'd be possible.

I never looked at the raws for that though so I dunno for sure.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 04:31:04 pm »

Theoretically, the [LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS:...] token could be used to make an animal lay arrows which you could then shoot from a bow, but using the token seems to cause crashes as soon as the raws are loaded.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 04:43:44 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 04:56:38 pm »

You could have a reaction to turn them into 'boulders' then use a catapult to shoot them out. Likewise you could have a reaction that would turn them into bolts.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 05:05:26 pm »

Nice.  31.19 hasn't been out for two days and we're inventing egg launchers.

For the record, mod in a cockatrice, have it and its eggs covered in instant paralysis contact poison, use it as an adventurer, and use your own eggs as a throwing weapon.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 07:24:50 pm »

For the record, mod in a cockatrice, have it and its eggs covered in instant paralysis contact poison, use it as an adventurer, and use your own eggs as a throwing weapon.

I'm looking for a cat launcher from you IT000. Given the awesome pic that is. :P

How are you not surprised it took this LONG to investigate egg launchers. Look at all the other crap we do and tell me this is out of the question. Given the sheer amount of stuff we do with magma, I'm astonished this wasn't thought of when Toady put it in the Dev logs. You all know I'm right.... :P
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 07:28:54 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 07:34:19 pm »

I thought of it as soon as I saw the Roc post on the big page ._.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 05:14:44 pm »

How are you not surprised it took this LONG to investigate egg launchers. Look at all the other crap we do and tell me this is out of the question. Given the sheer amount of stuff we do with magma, I'm astonished this wasn't thought of when Toady put it in the Dev logs. You all know I'm right.... :P
This gives me an idea.  Do eggshells break?  We need to mod in EGGS FILLED WITH MAGMA and drop/throw/launch them at enemies.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 05:18:47 pm »

Do eggshells break?

Apparently not.

We need to mod in EGGS FILLED WITH MAGMA and drop/throw/launch them at enemies.

Doesn't work. The materials other than the egg's "shell" don't physically exist.

Panthera Leo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 05:21:43 pm »

We need to mod in EGGS FILLED WITH MAGMA and drop/throw/launch them at enemies.

Doesn't work. The materials other than the egg's "shell" don't physically exist.

You could make a tool container (made of egg shells) then fill that with magma. Not sure what good it would do though. I can't seem to get a tool to be recognized as ammo, and I can't get ammo to have a container capacity.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 05:29:17 pm by Panthera Leo »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2011, 10:00:27 pm »

No, make the bees into something that dogs can breathe out. That way, they shoot bees at you as they bark at you.

The ultimate security device.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 04:25:15 pm by Itnetlolor »

noob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 03:03:01 am »

Is it possible to make an animal that lays eggs as hard as rocks
can we mod creatures to shitlay brix
LOSING IS FUN!