Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: questions about unarmed fighting  (Read 672 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
questions about unarmed fighting
« on: February 16, 2011, 07:27:32 pm »

Obviously the strength of the dwarf matters, but what is the "weapon size" of the limb, if there is one at all? Does striking/kicking have a velocity multiplier? Is the damage increased by wearing hand/footwear? Does the material of the limb affect the attack? Is there a way to mod weapons that use unarmed skills (striking, kicking, wrestling)? Would the size of this weapon add itself to the size of the limb, or be considered by itself?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 07:48:57 pm by Lagslayer »

noob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: questions about unarmed fighting
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 07:28:20 pm »

kick to head = instant death
LOSING IS FUN!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 07:40:41 pm »

The weapon size is the size of the hand when punching, the size of the nails(or maybe also the hand I don't wanna open up the raws to check because I'm a lazy slob), size of the teeth with bites, etc.  In the creature's raws theres an area that defines creature natural attacks, by defining what bodypart makes the attack, how much is used and other things like that.

The only attack that doesn't have a raw definition is the 'push' attacks which are only usable when none of the raw definition attacks are usable.  I believe that uses the whole creature's body mass in an attack, but either has huge penalties or can't get a lot of velocity, and usually doesn't do much damage unless it's something like a whale.

To determine the weapon size of the limb itself it likely uses a number of formulas.  I imaging it takes the creature's total size, does something with the bodypart's relative size token to determine the bodypart's size, and then probably converts that into something sensible to the attack formulas.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 10:07:37 pm »

kick to head = instant death

That is only reliable against foes of same or smaller size. Try kicking or punching a giant's skull in as a dwarf and you'll see.