Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34

Author Topic: Missing Metals  (Read 90818 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Metals
« Reply #345 on: February 20, 2011, 12:24:14 am »

Total lack of kimberlite in a few layers of granite makes for a sad Max White... No dark blue stuff for meee.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 20, 2011, 01:05:11 am »

Total lack of kimberlite in a few layers of granite makes for a sad Max White... No dark blue stuff for meee.

Nor diamonds.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 20, 2011, 01:07:19 am »

Eh, they just would have gone into encrusting some realy nice bins...

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 20, 2011, 01:39:03 am »

Eh, they just would have gone into encrusting some realy nice bins...

One should always try to encrust Ropes instead. I once had a rope that could make any room Royal. it was wonderful. I chained wild animals to it in the Duke's bedroom.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 20, 2011, 01:41:33 am »

This is a masterful platinum chain created by Urist McMetalcrafter.  It is encrusted with blue diamonds, red diamonds, black diamonds, white diamonds, and flash opal.

Unfrozen Caveman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 20, 2011, 01:59:04 am »

I tried my first .19 fort.  I embarked on a spot with shallow and deep metal.  I found the first cavern before I found tetrahedrite.  Then, troglodytes found my dwarfs and began to kill them.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 20, 2011, 01:59:59 am »

I tried my first .19 fort.  I embarked on a spot with shallow and deep metal.  I found the first cavern before I found tetrahedrite.  Then, troglodytes found my dwarfs and began to kill them.

*sits in childish attention*  Then what happened, grandpa Caveman?  Did the Dwarves win?

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 20, 2011, 02:29:38 am »

This is a masterful platinum chain created by Urist McMetalcrafter.  It is encrusted with blue diamonds, red diamonds, black diamonds, white diamonds, and flash opal.

YES!! That is what I'm talkin' about! Don't forget Star Rubies and Star Sapphires!

Also good - rope with many GCS silk pictures on it, made of expensively dyed cloth made of expensively dyed GCS silk thread. I think that stuff stacks with encrusting, and isn't just additive.

I love burrows!
[/quote]

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 20, 2011, 02:31:35 am »

Get that, with something like a dragon chained to it, and any owner will insta-gasm as soon as they even think about it.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 20, 2011, 02:34:29 am »

Naw, your platinum chain is best. With mine they'll complain it isn't made of the fibre they like, is dyed the wrong colour, and they won't like that picture on it of them surrounded by cave spiders.  :D
[/quote]

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 20, 2011, 02:35:40 am »

By "That" I was referring to platinum chain.  GCS silk ropes get expensive, but are somewhat iffy to actually produce.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 20, 2011, 02:42:42 am »

By "That" I was referring to platinum chain.  GCS silk ropes get expensive, but are somewhat iffy to actually produce.

Figures. And I'm not at all hurt, btw, since I am in awe of said chain. I hadn't thought of platinum.

However, it isn't so chancey with burrows, since if they are assigned to one, they'll only take things from within the burrow. Makes it pretty easy to use only GCS (and only double-dyed. as per (o)rders menu (w)orkshop settings) for the rope and then only decorate said ropes. With masterwork encrusted masterwork ropes dyed masterfully I got a single item that easily dwarfed all my actual artifacts.
[/quote]

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 20, 2011, 02:45:13 am »

Wait, double-dyed?

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 20, 2011, 03:23:32 am »

Wait, double-dyed?

You can dye thread, then dye the cloth made from that thread. It stacks well, and all ends up in the base value of the cloth, which then ends up worked into the base value of the item made from the cloth. I don't know what the formula is. Either way, it all stacks in before the multiplying from encrusting it with gems. I'm not actually very knowledgeable about the math for all this, but this is what I think I've seen. I don't know if cloth pictures are just like other decorations (like encrustings), or if they add to base value before the encrusted stuff does its thing.
[/quote]

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
« Reply #359 on: February 20, 2011, 04:34:26 am »

Copper weapons and armour do better then you might think, especialy against unarmed goblins from cage traps.  ;)
That's really not fair to say.  Newborn babies work well against unarmed goblins from cage traps.  Hell, even the crappy elves do good against a naked gobbo!

Do you know any good ways of pitting a dwarven baby against an unarmed goblin?  I'm thinking that maybe I don't start training my soldiers early enough....
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34