Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34

Author Topic: Missing Metals  (Read 90551 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Metals
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2011, 05:40:30 am »

if I had enough proper metal to make pump components.  >:(
Glass.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2011, 05:42:45 am »

if I had enough proper metal to make pump components.  >:(
Glass.
... right! I keep forgetting glass exists. *facepalms*
Well, my other points stand, and I'd greatly appreciate getting migrants once in a while. Locking down everything is somewhat cowardly for dwarfs anyway.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2011, 05:45:47 am »

Clay swords?

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2011, 05:48:26 am »

Clay swords?
... you can make swords out of clay?
Okay, this update is slightly less harsh than I thought, and I shall educamate myself instead of complaining. Thanks for putting up with me. Still, I like me some metal...
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2011, 05:53:04 am »

Actually no, you can't, but you CAN add a single line to the raws and make it possible!  They're just suck pretty bad, 'cause, they're clay...

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 17, 2011, 06:14:11 am »

Actually no, you can't, but you CAN add a single line to the raws and make it possible!  They're just suck pretty bad, 'cause, they're clay...
Oh.
I'm not a big fan of adding lines to the raws to make the game playable easier though. Knowing myself, it starts with clay swords, and it ends with workshops turning rock salt into steel while increasing one's dwarf Armor User skill. :/

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 17, 2011, 06:21:17 am »

For me, it reached Bacon Tree level of raw-modding.  It's too late for me, I'm too mod-happy to turn back now.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2011, 06:22:54 am »

For me, it reached Bacon Tree level of raw-modding.  It's too late for me, I'm too mod-happy to turn back now.
Hey, the Bacon Tree is completely different. It is an essential addition to the game. We don't need any justification other than "BACON".
... I'll stop the derailing now.  :(

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2011, 06:38:13 am »

So due to being busy all freeking day, I still havn;t tried this update.

Are the ore veins more or less common then 40d? Because if you will recall that version was lacking a little in metal, and it made exploring for it, and golbinite, all the more valuable.

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 17, 2011, 06:59:52 am »

It appears my civilization is dead, and the only metal on the map is gold and undeads.... So I'm completely screwed.
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2011, 07:03:40 am »

Metal scarcity is back? Yeah! :D

Finding metal is a challenge again. Prepare the mining shaft!
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2011, 07:09:33 am »

Also, your parent civilization can be devoid of metal as well.  I'm only getting copper, tin, iron, and gold, and their various alloys like pewter and such.  So, no platinum, aluminum, silver, bismuth, lead, zinc, etc.  So currently, no only are your on-site ores restricted, but you can't even trade for them!

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2011, 07:22:52 am »

Also, your parent civilization can be devoid of metal as well.  I'm only getting copper, tin, iron, and gold, and their various alloys like pewter and such.  So, no platinum, aluminum, silver, bismuth, lead, zinc, etc.  So currently, no only are your on-site ores restricted, but you can't even trade for them!

It is even better then. Some more releases and even your enemies may be screwed too (if they already aren't).

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2011, 07:33:32 am »

Okay. This seems a little unbalanced. I've been looking rather annoyingly through the death of a few quick forts trying to find anything. I seem to find nothing leading to a quick death, or massive massive amounts of metal. I just found massive veins of platinum swimming through giant blobs of magnetite. Also slightly off topic but my computer plays dwarf fort rather well as it is literally what it was designed to do, though while I usually have 100fps constantly, I now apparently arbitrarily get massive leg spikes dropping 65 frames for 12 seconds for no apparent reason, and I only have 7 dwarfs nothing built yet. Anybody else having this problem?
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2011, 07:51:07 am »

So am I to understand that I don't have to play 40d for scarce materials anymore? :D
Are they more or less scarce than 40d resources?

Screw it, I'mma download it and find out for myself.
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34