Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: New Features explanation  (Read 12580 times)

BaronBalloon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Features explanation
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2011, 11:32:43 pm »

milling seeds and nuts...one would have to be careful not to use them all up i imagine.

i would really like a way to allocate only a portion of goods to a /repeated task...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 11:48:50 pm by BaronBalloon »
Are the fortresses there for psychological reasons?  Are they trying to hold back entropy itself, rather than the goblin hordes?

furlion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2011, 11:49:16 pm »

Just a heads up on what I am pretty sure is a bug. If you try to glaze a large pot without ash, just charcoal, it will go ahead and do it. BUT the pot will just sit there. Make sure you have ash and charcoal on hand for each pot. By doing this I have been able to successfully make and fill my pots. And wow do they hold a top of stuff lol.

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2011, 12:24:10 am »

Actually the bug seems to be pots have no default stockpile. They only seem to enter food piles to get filled with an elephant's weight worth of plants.

furlion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2011, 12:29:37 am »

They fall under the Tool category under finished goods which seems like they should go into a finished goods stockpile. But for whatever reason they either remain sitting at the kiln/carpenters workshop, or are filled with stuff.

wwWraith

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2011, 12:47:33 am »

Tried many embarks on good/evil sites. There never were any feather trees or glumprongs. Anybody saw it or it's a bug?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 12:52:07 am by wwWraith »

RiderofDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2011, 12:58:19 am »

Tried many embarks on good/evil sites. There never were any feather trees or glumprongs. Anybody saw it or it's a bug?
Haven't tried in .19, but they're a bit of a hassle to find in .18. There's apparently two types of evil areas: one that's dead, one that isn't. I'm guessing that something similar applies to good areas as well, but haven't done any testing on that aspect. I wouldn't say it's necessarily related to the actual degree of savagery, either. I've had haunted biomes that were completely dead, and I've also had terrifying biomes full of life, phantom spiders, and glumprongs.

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2011, 01:16:55 am »

Has anyone figured out how to get around the animal tug of war? My milker and weaver are fighting over a goat.  :-\
Memento Mori

wwWraith

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2011, 01:18:50 am »

Haven't tried in .19, but they're a bit of a hassle to find in .18. There's apparently two types of evil areas: one that's dead, one that isn't. I'm guessing that something similar applies to good areas as well, but haven't done any testing on that aspect. I wouldn't say it's necessarily related to the actual degree of savagery, either. I've had haunted biomes that were completely dead, and I've also had terrifying biomes full of life, phantom spiders, and glumprongs.
In .18 I liked to embark on areas with both good and evil biomes (slightly modified world_gen.txt to increase its quantities), and there were both feather trees (in any good biomes with trees) and glumprongs (in "living" evil biomes). In .19 there are not, neither with my settings nor with default. And I think it's strange, very most of evil biomes in .19 were "dead". Finally I've got one "living" evil area, but again without glumrongs.

bdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2011, 01:19:57 am »

What the hell is a non-absorbent barrel?
I've tried wooden pots, glazed earthware pots, normal barrels, jugs and even gold barrels and reaction is still in red (and yes i have honey in jugs)

I'm so tempted to remove [DOES_NOT_ABSORB] from this reaction...

wwWraith

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2011, 01:23:25 am »

Has anyone figured out how to get around the animal tug of war? My milker and weaver are fighting over a goat.  :-\
Some workaround may be to place animals in cages, one close to the farmer's workshop, one close to the loom, etc.

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2011, 01:41:10 am »

That won't really work with most of them since they now need to eat, which they can't do in a cage.  :-[
Memento Mori

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2011, 02:02:01 am »

Build your workshops with atleast the middle workshop tile in the pasture zone. I do this with both the farmer's and the butcher's workshops now, as long as the animal never leaves the zone no tug of war happens.

Mead is bugged, nothing satisfies the non-absorbent criteria for the reaction. Probably one of the fixes toady has planned for next release (which might be as soon as tomorrow or saturday, he did say there would be multiple bug fix releases between .19 and the next caravan milestone).

Has anyone figured out the minimum space-per-animal in a pasture to keep them from fighting eachother?

bowdown2q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2011, 02:10:52 am »

Some workaround may be to place animals in cages, one close to the farmer's workshop, one close to the loom, etc.

I've decided to build a farmer's workshop inside the pasture zone, and set ti to sheer and milk on repeat. That way, nobody will come and drag an unpenned animal away >_>.

I think what may be happening with pots is that pots have no.. limit? I think my shop is full of (limestone) pots because they keep filling ONE. Idk why they aren't moving the pots out of the shop tho.

Bees take ~1yr to grow enough to split, at least that's what I saw. No hard-and-fast testing on it yet. One did sting a yak once. The yak didn't notice.

Grasses spawning in soil layers = annoying, but at least that means i can make quick underground pastures.

Turkeys are annoying and have been claiming nest boxes. My peahens have been fighting them since embark. <= I am annoyed at the lack of =Peacock feather Dresses= for my entire fort. Will settle for =Yak Wool Togas= instead.

I haven't seen trade change in game yet, tho that could be because my fort got ambushed HARD. Only got a single, mediocre trade w/o an agreement in the first year, and then goblins killed the elves and my livestock ><.

Fakeedit: IDK about space-per-animal to keep them from fighting, but I have seen a 7*6 pasture stripped of all vegetation in ~1yr (2 yak, 3 peafowl, a goat, and a mule, i think) I'm going to make a new world with minimum savagry and embark near a serene stream w/o goblins so I can test some stuff w/o sieges.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2011, 02:23:12 am »

Can (hunting)(war)doggies, either assigned to a dwarf or just trained by them, get involved in the fighting?

For a laugh really..........
It's a game. Have fun.

Haruspex_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2011, 03:22:42 am »

What the hell is a non-absorbent barrel?
I've tried wooden pots, glazed earthware pots, normal barrels, jugs and even gold barrels and reaction is still in red (and yes i have honey in jugs)

I'm so tempted to remove [DOES_NOT_ABSORB] from this reaction...

Trying to make mead? Yeah, I'm pulling my hair out over that one too. Hopefully someone will have the answer soon.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8