Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: More evil Conservative buildings.  (Read 7860 times)

Dwarven WMD

• Bay Watcher
  • Amateur Aspiring Coder
    • View Profile
Re: More evil Conservative buildings.
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2011, 09:41:59 am »

But mega-churches and cultists are more fun (although I don't really get the whole demonic angel of C+ religion. That makes it clownish instead of, in some ways, believably scary.)
I thought it would be more fitting. Perhaps the cult leader can just disturb your Liberals into suicide?
The previously described demon was just kind of a hyperbole of how evil the cultist leader could act.
Maybe he just summons Templars?
The Russian throws Steiner into a chair, screaming "I do not care about genetic research!"
The Russian pulls out a M1911!
The Russian screams "I am Viktor Reznov! And I, will, have, my, REVENGE!"
The Russian shoots Steiner between the eyes.
The Russian loses juice.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2011, 09:49:05 am »

But mega-churches and cultists are more fun (although I don't really get the whole demonic angel of C+ religion. That makes it clownish instead of, in some ways, believably scary.)
Liberal McEzio slashes the Templar in the head!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Dwarven WMD

• Bay Watcher
  • Amateur Aspiring Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2011, 10:20:01 am »

Liberal McEzio slashes the Templar in the head!
Templar screams "Sinclair! I have failed you!" before falling to the floor.

Anyone see themselves forming a Liberal Knight's Templar and waging war against The Almighty Cult of Conservatism?
The Russian throws Steiner into a chair, screaming "I do not care about genetic research!"
The Russian loses juice.

Svirfneblim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2011, 10:27:44 am »

Cthulhu conservatives, IMHO, would break the theme too much.
Keep it sorta-Christian but with all liberal/left stereotypes about Christianity bad side rolled into one, without calling out a specific denomination.

I think a church would overally be a better building, being definitely a huge conservative church with hidden stuff, but still, overally, a church. And I think that hijacking the pulpit would be more awesome than a studio, though considering how much stuff you can do with tele-evangelists, perhaps a tele-evangelist studio would make sense too.

Dwarven WMD

• Bay Watcher
  • Amateur Aspiring Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2011, 01:21:59 pm »

Cthulhu conservatives, IMHO, would break the theme too much.
Keep it sorta-Christian but with all liberal/left stereotypes about Christianity bad side rolled into one, without calling out a specific denomination.
Eh, I didn't mean the Lovecraft part. Though assuming what we yell at Conservatives as we torture educate them, I'd find it fitting. It'd just go something like if the acolytes don't notice you hijacking their golden statue of their vision of God (That looks strangely like what we likely think Armok looks like.) and carrying it out, you'll hear them say odd stuff as you walk by.

Code: [Select]
Your squad fades into the shadows.
Neophyte Acolyte mumbles something about towels.
Neophyte Acolyte mumbles something about Ragnarok.
Adept Acolyte mumbles something about a deity of blood. It sounds oddly familiar.

Of course I didn't literally mean that the church gets REPLACED, it's just it begins to act like a cult because of influences from Conservatism. The acolytes are just former members of the church who have been brainwashed from the change.
Honestly, a cult seems more like what you get when religion and arch-conservatives mix.
The Russian loses juice.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2011, 07:47:54 pm »

I think at C+ religion, it should be Church of Scientology HQ. The pop culture version of it seems to be pretty demonic. I'm talking about the "Pyramid scheme steal your money" version like in South Park.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2011, 10:32:39 pm »

Church of scientology isn't associated with the right wing like mega churches and modern doomsday movements are.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2011, 12:21:50 am »

I still think that theocratic government (in this case, one that can justify any atrocity with their faith or "faith") is way more conservative than some mega-doomsday church.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2011, 12:33:12 am »

Church of scientology isn't associated with the right wing like mega churches and modern doomsday movements are.
Ah, but the pop culture version of it is ultimately conservative. Liberals have nothing against religion- In fact, it's one of man's basic rights to worship as he wishes. However, to capitalize on it for the rotten core of conservatism- money- is a horrific violation of that same right. No true Liberal would stand for it.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2011, 12:53:25 am »

Ok, I see three different ways we could present religion...

C+ Fundamentalism, government is actually very religious and everyone is forced to be Christian
M Freedom of religion with Christian tradition still being mainstream
L+ Atheism (not good in my opinion, because regulating faith by law is against the Constitution)

C+ Theocracy that justifies atrocities and evil deeds with the Bible
M Mostly secular government with Christian faith still being advantaged tax-wise
L+ Religions: Equal, Government: Secular (I like this one the best)

C+ All Christian communities are given considerable advantage, leading to atrocious McChurches and evil cults
M Religious organizations are given only moderate tax benefits and have criteria to pass in order to be eligible
L+ Religious organizations are regulated carefully to prevent them from hurting people in and around them (ok, I guess)
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2011, 03:56:27 am »

Remember that for the most part L+ laws are supposed to be paradise and inadvertingly antagonistic towards the LCS.

Liberals are not anti-religion or even want to really regulate religion anymore then Conservatives (I think)

They just believe in a strong seperation between Church and State.

The Liberal ideal I guess is that the seperation of Church and State actually leads to both of them functioning better. State passes laws based on logic and reason, while Religions focus on being a better person within that state and progress to further spiritual enlightenment. (I think)

The Liberal Nightmare would be that the Church would have a controlling interest in the government and pass laws based around preserving itself and preserving its ideals even against logic and reason.

I don't think the C+ is where they force people to be Christian, though practice many of their teachings I could.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2011, 04:11:52 am »

My thoughts exactly, except that I would make C+ religion not only that the church has control over some aspects of the government, but that the religion is also used to justify things that it should have nothing to do about, just like in real life. If religion in LCS was only about ensuring salvation to the masses, it would be too... redeemable. Not the evil we're used to, only misguided! The conservative theocracy can do better, it can focus on systematically abusing the public trust in their faith. God hates Arabs hoarding that sweet oil, let's start a war! God loves the US flag, burn it and we burn you! Animal research, why not? God said we could! LCS religion should be a tool of power for conservatives as well as having its own agenda of saving poor souls from the sin of homosexuality and so on. Thus every conservative, utilitarian or idealist, finds some use for supporting the theocracy!

Dwarven WMD

• Bay Watcher
  • Amateur Aspiring Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2011, 05:22:25 am »

In C+, religion IS logic and reason. Common sense is for plebeians and infidels.

In L+, you're removing religion from any policies you can. The churches now force you to put something in the offering tray and there's an admission fee. But hey, look at that situation this way, no more church sponsored events that my zealous Christian friend tries to force me to go to every other day despite the fact I've repeatedly told him I'm atheist and even tried to ward him off by pretending to be related to the Occult and saying if there's a hell I'll be glad to go to it because it's probably better than what my cheap ass heater gets me in the Winter as I type out long run-on sentences for the sole purpose of entertaining people with my life that no one cares about.

...Come to think of it, would C religion be logical at all? It's C. I'd think it has to run on logic.
The Russian loses juice.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2011, 05:31:03 am »

As I said, I still think C+ religion has to have two peacefully coexisting parts for different groups - calming the masses for the government and the corporations (Templars anyone?) and protecting the people from the sins spread by liberalism. Since we already have issues for these sins (drugs, homosexuality, abortion etc), the religion issue would be best described as how much political and religious authority are related and how much the government uses religion to control the people, catering to the needs of both religious and more pragmatic conservatives.

Dwarven WMD

• Bay Watcher
  • Amateur Aspiring Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2011, 05:39:18 am »

Perhaps religion could be some sort of amplifier for laws that involve sin?

Like if it was at C+, it would be harder to make drug laws L+, L, or even M, and it could easily fall back to C and C+ if religion is at C+, while if Religion is at L+, religion won't have any influence on laws?
In other words, the closer you are to C+ religion, the easier laws with religious influences are turned arch-conservative.
The Russian loses juice.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6