Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 143

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 634523 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #1800 on: October 27, 2022, 02:27:20 pm »

How has this flown under the radar, genesis alpha one looks awesome. Instant install on my good ssd too, this does look promising.
let

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: October 28, 2022, 01:34:09 pm »

I personally thought Genesis Alpha is... okay? I haven't completed it or anything but it's... an interesting title. I'll need to give it a second go before telling you how it is.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: October 30, 2022, 06:32:13 am »

It's good fun so far. Just lost my first ship yesterday to a sudden unexpected arachnid infestation. Dayum, those bugs bite hard!
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: October 31, 2022, 11:43:25 am »

Jazz Jackrabbit 2 Collection, a classic 2D platformer, now in new GoG giveway (69+ hours left)
https://www.gog.com/en/game/jazz_jackrabbit_2_collection
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: October 31, 2022, 11:47:59 am »

That collection includes "Jazz Jackrabbit 2 - The Secret Files" and "Jazz Jackrabbit 2 - The Christmas Chronicle" and in The Secret Files "Extras" there a version of the game with "JJ2+"
infos on what is JJ2+ https://docs.jj2.plus/

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1805 on: October 31, 2022, 06:18:57 pm »

I've been playing, and enjoying way too much The Sum, a total conversion of Fallout Tactics. The game is completely stand alone and free, so I suppose it fits the definition of free game.
It's a treck around post-fall US and Canada in which Anarchism has inexplicably become the dominant ideology. It is good, and surprizingly deep, and progression is made by being accepted in various communities and exploring instead of blasting enemies (there is some blasting to do but it's really off focus).

This is fishing with the son you don't have, on a sea of irradiated water on a boat made of trash so neither of you has to eat the other simulator. I really like it.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: October 31, 2022, 07:34:53 pm »

Never heard about this "The Sum" but after reading
https://www.moddb.com/mods/thesum/features/the-sum-gameplay-and-strategy-guide

It sounds like a very interesting game .

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #1807 on: November 01, 2022, 08:56:32 pm »

I read a lot of the info in the guide, and although it's interesting, I'm not a fan of the complete lack of a tangible goal to work towards.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1808 on: November 03, 2022, 05:05:57 am »

Well, there is one tangible goal, which is "finding a place to live" and considering the size of the world, making the decision will take time. But once you do, the game ends and whether or not you won depends on your expectations.
I have a lot of fun building a recomposed family with my tech genius trans-daughter, an underage town scout girl which was a pacifist when she joined us and now is a dead eye cowgirl with a three-digit head count, a bounty hunter road warrior and the family dog.

We're fending off canibals, freeing slaves, helping townsfolk with their issues, then hoping back in the cars we found and repaired and continuing our adventure/exploration. I'm currently looking for someplace peaceful without law enforcement, and might have some ideas but I want to solve some worlds issues before I settle down. Maybe I'll wait until the kids are adults (the daughter started at 7, now she's 11)

It's pretty much like DF.  The narrative emerges from the game mechanics. And again, it's very good and free.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: November 03, 2022, 07:10:57 am »

No idea if it's worth anything (note that most reviews are really negative), but the arena multiplayer-only shooter "Destroy All Humans - Clone Carnage" (that is a standalone DLC of the Destroy All Humans 2 game) is free on gog and steam
https://www.gog.com/game/destroy_all_humans_clone_carnage
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1872550/Destroy_All_Humans__Clone_Carnage/

« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 07:19:18 am by Robsoie »

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: November 03, 2022, 01:16:02 pm »

Warhammer: Vermintide 2 is free to keep on Steam if grabbed during the Weekend.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: November 03, 2022, 01:40:08 pm »

This week on the epic store :
"Rising Storm 2 : Vietnam" that is yet another MP-only shooter
"Filament" that is a puzzle game based on setting up cables

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: November 03, 2022, 08:43:39 pm »

I've been playing, and enjoying way too much The Sum, a total conversion of Fallout Tactics. The game is completely stand alone and free, so I suppose it fits the definition of free game.

Didn't see it on a quick glance with my glacial metered internet right now, but do you need your own copy of FO:T to run off of (like most mods I've seen) or is the supplied download inclusive of all required files?
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: November 03, 2022, 10:03:12 pm »

It's completetly standalone, no need of Fallout Tactics being installed.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: November 04, 2022, 10:06:39 am »

Warhammer: Vermintide 2 is free at Steam til 7 Nov @ 8:00pm
https://store.steampowered.com/app/552500/Warhammer_Vermintide_2/
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 143