Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 143

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 634423 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #1665 on: April 17, 2022, 09:01:53 pm »

For people using Legendary or one of its frontend to play the games they own on the epic store account without having to install the epic launcher, there's a problem with this week freebie "XCOM2" , the 2K Launcher seems to refuse to let you play if it does not detect the epic launcher installed.

Fortunately there's a solution allowing you to bypass the 2K Launcher if you use Legendary :
https://github.com/derrod/legendary/issues/422

I4uU4me

• Bay Watcher
  • I love life
    • View Profile
    • Kevin Games
« Reply #1666 on: April 18, 2022, 05:39:24 am »

FlyUfo is free of charge, family - friendly online game, pretty addictive to my mind. I didn't notice any in-game purchasing either.
https://kevin.games/flyufo-io

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: April 19, 2022, 07:11:39 am »

FlyUfo is free of charge, family - friendly online game, pretty addictive to my mind. I didn't notice any in-game purchasing either.
https://kevin.games/flyufo-io

Lol I've played basically the same game but with holes on hole-io.com. Same maps and props and better fight mechanics. It is an addicting concept though.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: April 19, 2022, 02:19:34 pm »

After slither.io hit it big, there were a *lot* of .io games that came out en-masse.

Of course, with a huge market and only so many players, a lot of those games are basically fake-multiplayer, populated by bots instead of other players.
Nothing important here, move along.

I4uU4me

• Bay Watcher
  • I love life
    • View Profile
    • Kevin Games
« Reply #1669 on: April 20, 2022, 08:14:31 am »

Lol I've played basically the same game but with holes on hole-io.com. Same maps and props and better fight mechanics. It is an addicting concept though.

Really? That's amazing, I think I'll go and try out hole-io, I enjoy this concept most of all in web games. Maybe there are even more variations, I'd love to play them all

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: April 20, 2022, 07:20:46 pm »

GOG is giving away again Postal 2 if you missed it last time (it was in 2019).

Since last gog giveway the game has recieved official update that fixed a lot of things apparently.
There also exist an unofficial patch that seems to fix a lot of leftover bugs :
https://www.moddb.com/mods/5024x-unofficial-patch

« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 07:41:05 pm by Robsoie »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: April 21, 2022, 02:42:11 am »

After slither.io hit it big, there were a *lot* of .io games that came out en-masse.

Of course, with a huge market and only so many players, a lot of those games are basically fake-multiplayer, populated by bots instead of other players.

Some of them are bot-fests (holes io for instance). But what really drives me away from the games are the exploiters and cheaters. Wanderers Io for instance. Amazing game. Plagued by people using scripted alt accounts.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: April 21, 2022, 12:08:17 pm »

this week epic store freebies are "Amnesia Rebirth" and "Riverbond"

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: April 24, 2022, 07:08:05 am »

Anyone remember Stunt Car Racer that was brillant on good old Amiga and AtariST ?
I randomly run into a window remake of it :
http://stuntcarracerwin32.bravesites.com/
https://sourceforge.net/projects/stuntcarremake/

The game uses the original Amiga track data, sound samples and algorithms for the car physics

It's really well done, and is a -lot- more smooth than the Atari and Amiga versions, in fact it's running so well and smoothly that it makes it even harder than the original version :D
But what a nice nostalgia run.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 07:20:42 am by Robsoie »

( Tchey )

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://jeux1d100.net/
« Reply #1674 on: April 24, 2022, 09:21:14 am »

Anyone remember Stunt Car Racer

I played it on a 486 i think ? Not sure, but i played this game back in its days. I remember i was amazed by the visuals and the powerful circuit builder tool...
Trackmania in 2003 was the closest thing to it, in my memories. Played a lot of it too before it became "famous".

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: April 24, 2022, 09:35:19 am »

I never played the PC version, i only had it on my Atari 520ST but i was always very impressed by its physics (well at the time i was playing it)  with the car rebound after falling from a huge jump, keeping on the track was sometime hilariously hard (and probably why i never managed to move into the 1st division, my best having been reach the 2nd one at that point it was way too difficult for me :D )

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: April 24, 2022, 10:05:34 am »

Its time to D-d-d-d-d--Duel

Dueling network is more of a virtual tabletop then a proper game, but if you are a fan of yugioh or just like to see what the latest wtfbrokenop card is its a good deal of fun

~snipped sketchy url, no way anybody is clicking that~

Virus?!?!?
Ya, it's super sketchy.

Its not quite a "Good" yugioh game yet, but given the nominal lack of interest since this quoted postchain, Yugioh Master-Duel made by konami is a perfectly acceptable F2P card game to have in your steam library. Albiet i wouldn't say modern Yugioh is any better than hearthstone in monetization but its certainly a nostalgia trip if you wanted some dueling and there are some solo modes that arent pricey (let me rephrase, they're free for anything but your time) that give out viable decks and goodies.

Out of anybody's speculations the devteam on it are completely overworked to deliver long term goals (classic mode, more formatting, banlists, extra card archetype support) and you'll die to OTK tropes a lot of the time but its nice to see all the cards again and be exodia'd for old times sake.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 10:07:42 am by FantasticDorf »

Überzwerg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: April 24, 2022, 01:06:03 pm »

It's really well done, and is a -lot- more smooth than the Atari and Amiga versions, in fact it's running so well and smoothly that it makes it even harder than the original version :D
But what a nice nostalgia run.
You better play the original game on an Amiga emulator. This is only a partial conversion that is doing nothing better than an Amiga with decent CPU power. My 1200er had enough power for running the game super smooth where the A500 was a little bit to slow. In the emulator you can choose even more CPU power.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: April 24, 2022, 01:23:43 pm »

I have it since years on my WinUAE already :D

But in term of smoothness it can't run as smoothly as this window remake (of all the version floating around, i think it is this one that run the smoother, but only usable on window), simply because on Amiga the game is code-limited in term of framerate and can only run faster by upping the emulated/real Amiga CPU, it's not (yet) possible to make it runing smoother while keeping the original game speed.

There was even a guy that offered 4000£ ( http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=82101 ) to anyone that could remake a version (that could be used on winuae and real amiga) of Stunt Car Racer that would run at 50/60fps.

Would require some reverse engineering but it has not been done so far.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 01:25:33 pm by Robsoie »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: April 24, 2022, 04:29:00 pm »

I played it on a 486 i think ? Not sure, but i played this game back in its days. I remember i was amazed by the visuals and the powerful circuit builder tool...

I played either the x86 version or something that looked a lot like it on x86. I remember it fit on a 3.5" floppy. My preferred MO for custom courses was to make a minimum-sized oval loop and then fill the entire "out-of-bounds" portion of the map with ridiculous, not-legal-as-playable-tracks tracks that I could race around on in favor of the duller rule-compliant tracks. I remember so many silly replays, almost all of which ended with the car crashing and exploding...
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 143