Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 143

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 634337 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #1575 on: December 20, 2021, 08:33:13 pm »

Loop Hero was so fun until I reached the final run, in which it turned into a massive grind fest because all the other runs require far fewer upgrades to beat. No I just sort of keep it on my desktop, occasionally glancing at it, dreading opening it to collect resources and then close out again.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: December 21, 2021, 12:06:56 am »

I don't think it has to be a massive grindfest? I've seen it beat fourth run, I think. Basically no grinding at all. Someone was trying to optimize fewest runs from fresh to finish and, well... did.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: December 21, 2021, 10:44:30 am »

Today's Epic free game is Loop Hero.
I might actually try that one today.
Pretty enjoyable so far. Nice retro feel thanks to the pixel art too.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: December 21, 2021, 11:51:25 am »

Today's epic store freebie is "Second Extinction".
It's an open world dinosaur coop/solo shooter/looter fps apparently

But it's a game that is on "early access" in the same time, so expect tons of bug and various problems, checking the steam discussion board about it is sure not making me want to even try it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: December 22, 2021, 06:18:57 am »

Do you shoot and loot dinosaurs or do you play as dinosaurs who shoot and loot?
Love, scriver~

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: December 22, 2021, 06:20:59 am »

Do you shoot and loot dinosaurs or do you play as dinosaurs who shoot and loot?
The first one. Cowards.  8)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: December 22, 2021, 06:49:23 am »

Maybe somewhere there's a niche for FPS games that feature a dinosaur (not some stupid humanoid version of a dino) shooting at people with guns , lasers and mortar instead of just stomping or eating them.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: December 22, 2021, 07:03:47 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: December 22, 2021, 07:27:52 am »

Modified rule 34 - if it is thinkable there is a game of it.

In this case Dino Squad  :D

(Android/iOS game that I have/will not play but it's free AFAICT and would probably run with an emulator if you simply must.)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: December 22, 2021, 07:54:58 am »

That looks like a reskin of War Robots. Although the developer made a special page telling me why I'm wrong.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: December 22, 2021, 10:42:38 am »

Pretty sure Dino D-day had playable dinos with guns too, although that FPS is long dead at this point.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: December 22, 2021, 11:37:09 am »

Today on the epic store, no gun tooting dinosaurs unfortunately but apparently there are animal people instead.
"Mutant Year Zero : Road to Eden"

Having no idea what this was, a quick video check showcase some real time exploration but with xcom-like turn based battles, basically Wastelands with donald duck and some boar guy.
Seems it has positive ratings, maybe it's actually good.

If the guys that are leaking informations are right (and so far they were), in the coming days  Vampyr, Pathfinder : Kingmaker and Prey should appear as free too.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 11:55:27 am by Robsoie »

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: December 22, 2021, 03:05:24 pm »

Today on the epic store, no gun tooting dinosaurs unfortunately but apparently there are animal people instead.
"Mutant Year Zero : Road to Eden"

Having no idea what this was, a quick video check showcase some real time exploration but with xcom-like turn based battles, basically Wastelands with donald duck and some boar guy.
Seems it has positive ratings, maybe it's actually good.

It's pretty good, but for some reason, I always mentally fizzle out on it after the first 'real' boss, maybe 5 hours in.

Two notes-- you have a finite amount of loot in the world, so be careful with how you spend your consumables. Upgrade your stealth weapons. They're really important.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: December 22, 2021, 04:32:08 pm »

Dang it, just reminded me of the annual christmas giveaway we use to have here. I got some games left over from last year.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: December 22, 2021, 07:11:02 pm »

I guess no one wants to run it. If someone did, I'd have a few games to donate too.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 143