Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 143

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 633842 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #585 on: December 01, 2014, 11:33:28 am »

I'm noticing a disturbing lack of any of the Touhou games here... Say what you like about the fanbase, and I'm not too sure about the bullet hell ones, but the fighting games were damn good.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: December 01, 2014, 11:36:49 am »

I'm noticing a disturbing lack of any of the Touhou games here... Say what you like about the fanbase, and I'm not too sure about the bullet hell ones, but the fighting games were damn good.
Aren't touhou games non-free in japan, though? Pretty sure they're sold somewhere or other, at least the non-fangame ones.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: December 01, 2014, 11:49:54 am »

Aren't touhou games non-free in japan, though? Pretty sure they're sold somewhere or other, at least the non-fangame ones.

I've never heard of them being sold in Japan, but doing a quick search indicates that they probably are. However, the English translations are considered fan works and are 100% free (or at least, I believe that is how it works.) The only way I can see them becoming non-free is if they're ever licensed, but that seems unlikely. It's understandable if the fact that they're sold in Japan disqualifies them from the list, though. It's just a shame.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: December 01, 2014, 11:58:39 am »

Non-free.  Theoretically, you can buy them online, but good luck actually finding much if you don't speak Japanese (on the other hand, it looks like JBOX is getting better running down that page, though I've never used it myself).  You might be able to download the translation patches themselves for free, but the games that you apply the patches to are not free, and any "pre-applied" packages would technically be piracy unless you paid for whichever game the patch was applied to. 
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 12:01:42 pm by Culise »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: December 01, 2014, 12:56:46 pm »

Shores of Hazeron is no more, so probably should be removed from the list.

Yannanth

« Reply #590 on: December 01, 2014, 03:45:55 pm »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:19:11 pm by Yannanth »

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: December 04, 2014, 10:00:53 am »

Age of Wonders is being given away through gog's winter sale at the moment, but it looks like there are limited copies being given away(was at 220k when I claimed mine).

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: December 04, 2014, 11:28:16 am »

Nice one, there are 194k left at the time i write.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: December 04, 2014, 01:41:16 pm »

I've already bought that. :-\

155k left, though.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

fraxert

• Bay Watcher
  • hey-di-lee hi, and ho-di-lee hok
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: December 05, 2014, 01:03:13 pm »

30K left
"Seriously, there could not have been a more appropriate end to the saga of Boatmurdered than a gigantic flaming apocalypse for no apparent reason." - StarkRavingMad

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 06, 2014, 04:48:17 am »

Love this game! (13k left)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 08, 2014, 04:30:01 pm »

If your willing to deal with Origin, "Crusader: No Remorse" is up for free currently.

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/crusader-no-remorse/pc-download/base-game/standard-edition
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 09, 2014, 01:18:43 pm »

Origin is giving away Simcity 2000.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 12, 2014, 12:08:30 pm »

www.gamingdragons.com is giving away Dead Space.  Also it looks like they're giving away Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: December 12, 2014, 03:49:28 pm »

www.gamingdragons.com is giving away Dead Space.  Also it looks like they're giving away Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics.

Site is down.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 143