Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 143

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 634340 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #345 on: November 08, 2012, 04:10:22 pm »

I didn't see Combat Arms on there, so I thought I'd weigh in.

It's a neat multiplayer FPS that is free-to-play with optional equipment to be purchased using real-world money. It's pretty fun, and it has run well on nearly every computer I've put it on (including my old $200 e-Machine). There's frequent content updates and a variety of game modes, as well as a large number of gubbins to customize your character with.

And now the bad part. This game has one of the worst communities I have seen since the Minecraft Official Forums. Players who use real money can buy "Elite Moderator" status, which allows them to kick whoever they please out of their room, with no reason required. They will often use this to enforce stupid rules, like "Don't pop quickly out of a corner, shoot, then duck behind it" or "No headshots". And these players are a fairly frequent occurence, about three out of ten games.

While it is a good game and it will run on whatever computer it damn well pleases, just be prepared to deal with a fairly crappy community supported by Nexon's pay-to-win model.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 09, 2012, 12:48:31 pm »

And now the bad part. This game has one of the worst communities I have seen since the Minecraft Official Forums. Players who use real money can buy "Elite Moderator" status, which allows them to kick whoever they please out of their room, with no reason required. They will often use this to enforce stupid rules, like "Don't pop quickly out of a corner, shoot, then duck behind it" or "No headshots". And these players are a fairly frequent occurence, about three out of ten games.
Not to mention the entire lack of anti-hack security. Also, I thought that only worked if they create the room. Unless they added something else that allows that?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 09, 2012, 02:37:13 pm »

snip
Not to mention the entire lack of anti-hack security. Also, I thought that only worked if they create the room. Unless they added something else that allows that?

That's what I meant, I said "their" room. The lack of anti-cheating measures definitely is a problem. It's a damn shame too, because it's really fun if you get a good room. And like I mentioned, it'll run on whatever computer you put it on because it just does not give a damn.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

snauts

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 28, 2012, 02:25:44 am »

I finished this bullet hell week ago and it is free:
http://piepe.lv/shmupacabra/

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 11, 2012, 10:52:46 am »

ptw
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 11, 2012, 05:23:27 pm »

osu! (the exclamation point is part of the title)
http://osu.ppy.sh/

It's a PC based rhythm game. Imagine clicking on things to the beat of a song. Here's a gameplay example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIoV1IImnFk

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 16, 2012, 01:14:49 am »

Beret
http://kiwisauce.com/beret/

Very difficult 2D puzzle-platformer game about a scientist, astonishingly named Beret, who has gained telekinetic abilities through his research at the Evil Corporation.
Has versions for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

dehimos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 16, 2012, 10:12:34 am »

http://www.freeindiegam.es/2012/12/footbrawl-quest-immortius/

FUCKING AWESOME

What if Blood Bowl grew up in a world where rules didn’t ruin everything? It would be Footbrawl Quest, fantasy sports tactics that streamlines the idea of zombies and knights playing football to perfection, complete with multiplayer.

Footbrawl Quest makes dungeon running fun in that it isn’t about the fastidious genocide of a dungeon’s ecosystem so much as making smart choices in order to score a single decisive goal. Tactical decision-making, not the whittling down of hitpoints as you purge environments of stuff you don’t like.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/12/16/live-free-play-hard-the-weeks-finest-free-indie-games-8/

MrPseeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 16, 2012, 10:44:28 am »

I just discovered Magarena. It's basically a "Magic The Gathering" game, but has lots of cards and free deck building. You can only play against the AI, but it is incredibly addicting. The distributes files aren't copyrighted, so it should be legal.

Another game I'd recommend is Maldita Castilla. It's a homage to Ghost'n'Goblins, but has really fancy retroesque graphics.

The third game is Perspective. I haven't had a chance to play it, but the trailer looked awesome. It is probably another digipen high quality production.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 16, 2012, 12:51:35 pm »

I just discovered Magarena. It's basically a "Magic The Gathering" game, but has lots of cards and free deck building. You can only play against the AI, but it is incredibly addicting. The distributes files aren't copyrighted, so it should be legal.

Probably not legal at all. Wizards are dicks about their IP's.

MrPseeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 16, 2012, 01:44:16 pm »

Probably not legal at all. Wizards are dicks about their IP's.

Yeah, but the Magarena distribution only contains things the framework and not the card images. The program lets you then download the images from magic fan sites or encyclopedias... I don't know if that's really legal, but WotC can't complain about the game itself.

That said, now I don't know if it would be morally right or wrong to include it in the list. But that's not my decision :)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 16, 2012, 02:49:36 pm »

So it pulls licensed images? Wizard has a case then. Just look at all the torrent sites being pulled down.

MrPseeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 16, 2012, 04:17:22 pm »

I don't think a program is illegal when it is used to download something not-so-legal, just think of browsers...
The only person doing something illegal would be you then, and I don't think the hosters of the images can tell if you downloaded or "streamed" them (looked at them with a browser).
I'm not a lawyer and only speculating though, so this may be wrong.
E: Even the german article about Magic mentions them without saying that they might not be legal.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 04:24:50 pm by MrPseeth »

Yannanth

« Reply #358 on: December 16, 2012, 04:24:50 pm »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:54:24 pm by Yannanth »

MrPseeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 16, 2012, 04:27:48 pm »

You may be right, everyone, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the game :P
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 143