Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 143

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 634037 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #390 on: March 05, 2013, 02:08:22 pm »

Why is Kerbal Space Program on the list? It is certainly not free.
It used to be free up untill 11.4 (something).  That version has been replaced by the new limited demo.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 15, 2013, 02:38:38 am »

Unreal World is now free. DeathSurvival simulator.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 18, 2013, 07:03:11 pm »

Risk of Rain is free currently.
Side scrolling platformer roguelike with a fun little ability system. Also pretty hard. Enjoy, I have been.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 24, 2013, 07:42:40 pm »

either try the demo, or the last alpha release, the last alpha has more items but is a bit more buggy, and has a set level advancement,  the demo has fewer items (with a couple new ones) but has random level advancement (you go to a random level, the levels are all pre-made)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 10, 2013, 03:26:16 pm »

I have been playing with it a bit since a few days (the latest version has been released in the beginning of this month) and found it very good, but sadly a bit crashy though (at least on windows)
http://www.unknown-horizons.org/

Unknown Horizons is an open source game very inspired by the Anno : xxxx serie, and is excellent if you like this specific genre.

I noticed Unknown Horizon got a new release few days ago

And after playing it for a whole hour it has not crashed once, while with previous version  i was lucky if i didn't got a crash every 10 minutes.
Seems the game is rather solid now, very recommended if you like the gameplay of the Anno serie.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 10, 2013, 04:48:37 pm »

SCP - containment Breach
http://www.scpcbgame.com/

Dear scary game, how did I miss you?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 17, 2013, 06:24:05 am »

It's worth noting that the free version of Ace of Spades is no longer available at the link on the list.
Head here instead - http://buildandshoot.com/

slp90

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 25, 2013, 06:00:38 am »

Bundle Stars are giving away Dark Matter on their Facebook page:www.facebook.com/bundlestars.

They also have a bundle up on www.bundlestars.com that's around $5 for 10 games (I'm liking Obulis!).

RedBlaze3000

• Escaped Lunatic
  • They're going to take me away to the funny farm
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 30, 2013, 06:14:38 pm »

Bundle Stars are giving away Dark Matter on their Facebook page:www.facebook.com/bundlestars.

They also have a bundle up on www.bundlestars.com that's around $5 for 10 games (I'm liking Obulis!).
I don't think bundles for $5 count as free. It counts as a steal for customers.

Spoon Weaver

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 11, 2013, 08:07:30 pm »

There are tons of free games over at Slime Salad.

Here's a link directly to the Gamelist: http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/gamelist.php

It might be a bit of work to weed through all the games though, so I'll post pics and links to a couple I feel are good.

DUNGEONMEN: Men of Dungeons

DON'T EAT SOAP!

Slimes!

Time and Time Again

Wandering Hamster

Tim-Tim "The Mighty Gnome"

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 12, 2013, 03:30:18 am »

OFF, by Mortis Ghost.
Quote from: Tv Tropes
OFF is an RPG created in 2007 by Mortis Ghost, with music created by Alias Conrad Coldwood. Originally released in French, it has since received an English translation. The player enters his/her name and is informed that s/he is now in control of "The Batter," a quiet man in a baseball uniform and the game's main character.

Latest English translation here.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #401 on: May 27, 2013, 07:49:51 pm »

I came here to post that, and am playing currently. I can reccomend it, but the combat is a little basic. Puzzles are clever, and music is pretty great. Plot's probably what'll keep you going though.

EDIT: ALSO, OF NOTE; use the direct download. Some people in the something awful LP going on currently have gotten viruses from the mirrored download in the english patch link, it's the ads the mirror uses, not the game. Use the direct download if at all possible.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 08:01:26 pm by Seriyu »

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 02, 2013, 12:03:57 am »

pioneer space sim updated on a regular basis.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 02, 2013, 05:13:10 am »

Flyff, a free-to-play MMORPG. It's a fairly bland MMO, but also a decent time sink that runs speedily on the lowest-end computer I have access to ($200 E-Machines box, woo!). It has an anime-style charm and a decent amount of content once you get past the extremely boring early stages. Keep in mind I'm basing some of this from memory since I lost my account years ago and made a new one just the other day, but I can't imagine it having changed all that drastically. At the very least, I'd say it's better than Runescape.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 02, 2013, 06:41:30 pm »

freeciv and frrecol are other ones
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 143