Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 143

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 634490 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #1785 on: October 04, 2022, 08:12:36 am »

If you have an amazon prime account, apparently you should be able to get a free key for Total War Warhammer 2 on the epic store and Fallout 76 on the microsoft store, and also a free key for "Hero's Hour" and "Horace" on the amazon store and "Glass Masquerade" on whatever "legacy games" store is

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: October 04, 2022, 09:45:23 am »

How would one claim that, is there a code or do you need to connect to claim it?
let

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: October 04, 2022, 10:12:31 am »

You need to have an amazon prime subscription to be able to claim those freebie on their prime gaming service.
https://gaming.amazon.com/home

But apparently it's possible to sign in for an amazon prime free trial for a limited amount of time (i think it's 30 days) , the "Try Prime" button on their website, so during this time you may claim those games so they're added to whatever store account they're linked to .

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: October 04, 2022, 10:48:13 am »

Ok lets rephrase this, I know somebody who all the amazon BS, they dont particularly care about warhammer... And I got a second epic account where I claim the highlights a second time... which would be at 2/3 games then...

Will he be able to just send a key over, or will i need to share the epic login and link them and all of that stuff.
let

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: October 04, 2022, 11:00:05 am »

Unfortunately i have no idea, if they send you codes or if they require you to link your epic store account.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: October 04, 2022, 11:03:00 am »

It depends on the game and site. I believe with Epic you need to link your epic account to your amazon one. With GoG or Windows Store they give you a code.

If you go to the game claim page the FAQ will usually walk you through the particular steps.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: October 04, 2022, 01:39:51 pm »

Well I did mention the game once to him, and a message of him showing me the amazon gift card screeny greeted me when I went on facebook, so I just gave him the full credentials to that second epic account  I been cultivating... Hopefully he will get hooked I mean damn game even runs on his damn M1, and he sure loves buying board games what's not to like - oh and hopefully he hasnt redeemed the code before he saw my message.

Weird how this one turned out, Jeff.
let

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: October 05, 2022, 03:08:13 pm »

about the prime gaming free stuff : they added "Middle Eart : Shadow of War" (for the gog store)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: October 06, 2022, 11:55:50 am »

on the epic store the weekly weak freebies are "Rising Hell" and "Slain Back from Hell"
gog has a "TVGHF Goodies Pack" for free, no game but that's just some media/promo files about some very old games.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 11:59:13 am by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: October 13, 2022, 03:19:55 pm »

This week on the epic store the freebies are
"ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove" that seems to be a remake of the old SNES/Genesis game
"Darkwood" that is a survival horror game played from a top view similar to those Hotline Miami games that seems to have some potential.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: October 15, 2022, 02:44:43 am »

Ooooo I played Darkwood and loved it. It's very atmospheric.

I will say to not be afraid of ruining your game with mistakes. It's very hard if not impossible to do so.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: October 18, 2022, 08:43:34 am »

Anyone remember the 24 years old german game published by microsoft "Urban Assault" ?
It was one of the first game mixing between FPS and RTS in which you could control manually any of your units.

Recently learned of an open source project named OpenUA that is a reimplementation of Urban Assault that is playable again on our modern OS.
You can get the standalone packaged of it there :
https://metropolisdawn.de/lexicon/entry/16-openua/

« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 08:46:28 am by Robsoie »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: October 18, 2022, 03:22:49 pm »

Ooh, nice. That was a fun game.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: October 22, 2022, 05:51:52 pm »

on indiegala you can claim as a freebie "30mn to die"
https://freebies.indiegala.com/30-minutes-to-die-alpha
It's on the same genre (nearly a clone) as "Vampire Survivor" but does not seem to have any class unlock.

edit : it's apparently -very- early alpha, explaining why there's nothing to unlock, so few different weapons (the "aura" is very usefull, the orbit thing sometime is, but everything else is mostly useless as even upgraded they're too weak) and some things are just not there like the "increase your luck to have a 4th slot" when there's no luck stats at all to improve.

Oh well, the free/demo version of vampire survivor on itch is more feature packed than this one (and oddly this "30mn to die" game executable is named "VampSurv.exe" )

Coming back to this, looks like that '"30mn to die alpha" reached the end of its design development and is now called aptly "SuperTotalCarnage ", it's currently free to claim on indiegala too :
https://supertotalcarnage.indiegala.com/

Looks like that "SuperTotalCarnage" is going to be available on steam in a couple of days.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: October 27, 2022, 12:59:20 pm »

on gog you have "Genesis Alpha One Deluxe Edition" free to claim
on epic store this week you have "WH40K: Mechanicus" and "Saturnalia" free to claim

That genesis game seems to have a great potential, mixing several game genres into one
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 01:04:39 pm by Robsoie »
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 143