Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 143

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 634368 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #1635 on: February 02, 2022, 06:19:16 am »

Minetest 5.5.0 has been released :
https://www.minetest.net/

big changelog
https://dev.minetest.net/Changelog#5.4.0_.E2.86.92_5.5.0

highlights
Highlights

We switched to our own Irrlicht fork allowing us to fix many longstanding bugs (text input, fullscreen, macOS support, graphics) and improve graphics in the future
    More efficient map compression using the Zstd format. This has been shown to result in 20-30% faster map generation!
    Formspec and Lua API features including a better Dynamic Media API and a PNG encoder
    Work has been done to implement dynamic shadows, but they were not ready to be included in this release
    Lots and lots of bug fixes and performance improvements

Note: This isn't a first but to avoid surprises we want to point out that once you have loaded a map in Minetest 5.5 you will not be able to load it in previous versions. Make backups first. (Client-server compatibility is untouched by this.)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: February 04, 2022, 12:37:50 pm »

Unlocked some friend referral codes for Town of Salem (which is basically a PC game version of Mafia with larger role lists). They let you demo the game with five free matches before having to decide if you want to buy it. I'll cross them off the list if/when they're redeemed.

BHTEDBQ6PF5VH9P3QL1M
E1K9G1KA5YTVUWICKDHZ
PUNSP5C9YPFZV884UWEJ
RN3EHGM6FKD5F2WCEGKK
Y34LC9XYPHJBQ4S6CDFQ

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: February 10, 2022, 01:32:24 pm »

this week on the epic store the freebie is "Windbound"
Looks like an amazing "roguelite" game with survival elements in theory when you read the description , and that has nice Zelda/Pine-like visuals

But the reviews are on average rather mediocre/bad, anyone know if it's worth a try or if the reviews are telling it exactly like it is unfortunately.

edit : finally got time to try, and so far it is very promising and despite the survival elements it is relaxing.
The character design looks like disney, especially the one you're controlling.

Performance is very good, nice to see an optimised game for once.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 06:06:01 pm by Robsoie »

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: February 14, 2022, 05:11:15 pm »

Dear Esther: Landmark Edition at Steam is "free to keep when you get it before 16 Feb @ 7:00am"
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: March 01, 2022, 02:39:04 pm »

Does anybody want a copy of Madden 22 for Origin? Toss a PM. (Account has to be over a week old; will be sent out by random draw to whoever requests, whenever I feel like it. If this is still here, it's still open.)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: March 05, 2022, 07:25:52 am »

Sort of free I guess. I think the game will be removed after the demo period, but until then the demo of ΔV: Rings of Saturn https://store.steampowered.com/app/846030/V_Rings_of_Saturn/ is essentially the current release build.

Message from the dev,

This is a very special update. In a time of a global crisis, there are causes that need your contributions more than we do. Today I’m lifting all the restrictions of the demo version, making it essentially a full game. Instead of buying ΔV, spend your money on something important and help someone in need. You can get the full version of ΔV when we have peace again.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: March 05, 2022, 11:49:41 am »

surviving mars on Prime game is the base version or with all dlc?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: March 10, 2022, 12:35:13 pm »

This week on the epic store, they give away the game " Cities: Skylines " (in case you missed it the first time they gave it away).
There are a couple of minor dlc that are free too.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: March 11, 2022, 02:41:45 pm »

I already have it on Steam, but can recommend. One of the best city sims out there. Learning how to deal with traffic can be a pain though, but there's Biffa.
Some of the DLC are nice additions, but none are needed. The tons of mods will keep your need for variety satisfied for ages.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 02:43:40 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: March 25, 2022, 01:14:50 pm »

This week the epic freebie is "Demon's Tilt" ( that title if read too fast :D ) , a pinball game very inspired by the "Crush" serie Alien's Crush, Devil's Crush, Dragon's Revenge, etc...) that were acclaimed in their time.

edit 2 : it's a very good game but for some reason the devs thought it would be cool to have a full screen violet flashing light coming regularly (probably with some kind of heartbeat), so be  very warry of this game if you have some epilepsy trouble, because it's not even possible to disable that useless violet fullscreen flashing crap.

Next week, 2 games will be freebies, one of them being "Total War: Warhammer", that will probably kill their download server for a few hours :D

edit : good time to mention again Legendary ( https://github.com/derrod/legendary ) , a free open source program that allows to download and play the games you have on your epic store account without the need to ever install the epic launcher.
One of the frontend for Legendary, named Heroic Launcher, has now the ability to get not only the games on your epic account, but also on your gog account :
https://github.com/Heroic-Games-Launcher/HeroicGamesLauncher
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 11:41:54 am by Robsoie »

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: March 25, 2022, 10:25:38 pm »

Free to keep when you get it before Mar 27, 10:00am PDT
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1424910/KEO/
KEO is a team-based online multiplayer vehicle combat game set in a sci-fi post-apocalyptic world.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: March 26, 2022, 10:55:46 am »

Demons tits!!!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Überzwerg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: March 31, 2022, 11:48:12 am »

This week freebie on the epic store :
Total War: Warhammer
City of Brass

(there are a few dlc available for free for the Total War game)
(City of Brass seems to be a FPS roguelite similar to Ziggurat)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 11:57:05 am by Robsoie »
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 143