Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 143

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 634334 times)

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #1605 on: December 25, 2021, 05:24:51 pm »

The game "Prey" is today's freebie on the epic store
A nice Half-Life-like game but with some crappy collision detection sometime, being stuck in a vent opening is not uncommon unfortunately (some people suggest to try to run then crouch to slide through them)

I'd say it's more like Deus Ex than Half-Life, and getting stuck on geometry is rarer than people will make out as I've run through the game a few times with minimal issues but there certainly are a few snags. The store page also implies that Mooncrash is included as well, can't tell as I haven't installed this version.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: December 25, 2021, 05:39:30 pm »

The beginning (out of the simulation thing) really reminded me of half life with the character starting to wear his costume/armor and go through an experience that goes wrong and getting a crowbar wrench to defend yourself.

Now for the bugged collisions, must have my legendary bad luck(tm) back as i got stuck in the first vent i opened from inside (only the vent i opened from outside allowed me to go through normally).
« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 11:55:02 am by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: December 26, 2021, 11:52:39 am »

Today on the epic store, the freebie is "Control" again (it was a few months ago already), still a very good game (a bit repetitive unfortunately after a while)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: December 27, 2021, 10:20:53 am »

X-Morph Defense is free on GOG. It's one of those tower defense games where you also have an action protagonist unit. Going to try it today.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: December 27, 2021, 02:06:37 pm »

Looks like an interesting take on the tower defense gameplay with shooter elements.

edit : on the epic store today they have "Mages of Mystralia", seems to be an old school action adventure game.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 02:09:44 pm by Robsoie »

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: December 28, 2021, 03:57:05 pm »

And today's Epic is... Moving Out. It's decent couch co-op in an Overcooked sort of way, but I didn't find it nearly as engrossing.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: December 29, 2021, 04:35:39 pm »

Today on Epic it's Salt and Sanctuary a 2d souls-like.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: December 29, 2021, 04:59:16 pm »

From a video it seems like a Castlevania-like with a Dark Soul painting (with more dark interior and fog)

Apparently it seems tomorrow it will be "Tomb Raider Trilogy" (Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Tomb Raider)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 06:19:50 pm by Robsoie »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: December 29, 2021, 10:38:13 pm »

Salt and Sanctuary has gotten some attention around here, including but not limited to this old thread.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: December 30, 2021, 11:47:53 am »

As the leak mentionned, it's the Tomb Raider trilogy for free today on the epic store , 3 games for free

Rise of the Tomb Raider : 20 years Celebration
Shadow of the Tomb Raider : Definitive Edition
Tomb Raider : Game of the Year Edition

(in case you're wondering chronologically the order of release was "Tomb Raider" then "Rise of the Tomb Raider" then "Shadow of the Tomb Raider" )
And with those 3 games, the epic store goes back to its 1 free game by week system, so you have a week to claim the 3 tomb raider games.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 12:26:56 pm by Robsoie »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: December 30, 2021, 11:52:51 am »

I'm pretty happy about this, I hesitated to buy these games only to give my GPU a good kicking, now I can just play it and decide midway to stop if I don't like it... I'm not sure I will like it, the old ones were not for me.
let

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: December 30, 2021, 11:59:50 am »

Looks like those games must be very popular as for now it killed the epic download servers :D

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: December 30, 2021, 12:25:38 pm »

You got as far as the download servers?! I'm still stuck on the payment servers.   :o
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: December 30, 2021, 12:30:55 pm »

I don't use the epic launcher (i add the games to my account through the epic store website itself, then i just use Legendary for download) so maybe it's why i went through the payment part.
Fortunately for those games you have a week to claim them, so hopefully they will be easier to get with time.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: January 03, 2022, 10:30:49 am »

Iratus: Lord of the Dead available at GoG... has a vague Darkest Dungeon feel to it, though not really. It a fairly recent release (I want to say late 2019?) and, as I recall, pretty solid. Definitely worth picking up for free.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 143