Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 143

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 634010 times)

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #1110 on: May 30, 2019, 09:23:36 am »

Is there any specific steps to claim that? Because when I click on the button on the game's page, it sends me to the main site page, and clicking on the link to the giveaway on the main page sends me to the list of games on sale.

When it goes to the main page, scroll down past the highlights and flash deals and there should be a banner with the option to claim it

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: May 30, 2019, 01:20:18 pm »

I just gave a try to this Obduction that i never heard about this one before, as from what i read it's a Myst/Raven "spiritual" successor but with real time movement in the environment, so it sounded really interesting if you enjoyed those exploration/puzzle oldies.

It's very nice visually, i guess thanks to the unreal engine, but either it's because i don't have a recent computer or the performance isn't really worked on i found it very hard to get the visual settings down to a playable level without being forced to really go low resolution, too bad for me as it seems to be a good game for the Myst genre from the few i played.

And i wonder how there are still commercial games being produced with keys you can't even change (still can edit some files apparently) in the command options, it's not like there are a lot of keys used in that game.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 03:25:38 pm by Robsoie »

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: June 14, 2019, 10:40:54 am »

GOG's got a giveaway of Toonstruck, a 1996 point and click adventure, for the next 46 hours. You need to claim it from their frontpage.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: June 14, 2019, 11:37:51 am »

I remember buying Toonstruck on CD from Virgin Music shop, probably in '99 or '00.  It's a great game, it's a shame there was never a sequel. A real jewel of the genre.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: July 11, 2019, 12:06:45 pm »

Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: July 12, 2019, 12:12:32 pm »

After messing with Steam's newfangled "Interactive recommender" and setting the popularity slider all the way to "Niche" it suggested me "Hidden dimensions 3" which seems to be completely free (not free-to-play) collectible card game vs AI with MtG-like resource management (and not Hearthstone/Shadowverse +1 play point per turn mechanic).
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: July 12, 2019, 12:47:50 pm »

Never heard about this Hidden Dimensions 3 , but it looks like you can download and play this card game even if you don't have steam, it even has a portable version for windows available if you don't want to install :

http://nulll-void.com/games/hd3.php

Got a lucky win on my first try in the "battle" mode as it looks like the AI got a terrible hand and overall had only 2 ships available to attack, while i could field a lot of them that attacked each turns. Won a new card for my deck apparently after this win.

It has lot of similarity to the mtg system indeed , as you deploy cards that provide a specific amount of ressource each turn (as long as they're deployed) , though unlike mtg there's a limitation on the number of those ressource-providing cards, then with enough ressource you can then field more potent but costly ships (assuming you get one in your hand of course).
Some ships have abilities (i had one that could repair friendly vessels) , i even got a mtg-like instant card (a bunch of missiles) at some point.

There's some very good potential, but maybe it's just that i don't know the program much, but once cards are deployed i haven't found a way to check their description again (i could while they were in my hand) , so i had no idea after deploying with cards were doing what.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: July 12, 2019, 03:09:43 pm »

I see it on Android for free as well. Is this just a knockoff Magic?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: July 12, 2019, 04:02:11 pm »

I wouldn't call it a mtg knockoff, it has indeed some game mechnics inspired by mtg (like a lot of card games anyways) but it has its own specifics too, out of the space ship and fleet settings, i noticed there's a card upgrade system with the mercenary stuff.
Can't tell much more as i haven't played in depth.

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: July 12, 2019, 04:40:47 pm »

There's some very good potential, but maybe it's just that i don't know the program much, but once cards are deployed i haven't found a way to check their description again (i could while they were in my hand) , so i had no idea after deploying with cards were doing what.

Just played only a couple of battles as well. It seems that the "down arrow"-looking button above "end turn" toggles "activating cards without reviewing them" mode on. If you uncheck it you can view cards on field the same way as cards in hand with additional button to activate them.

Game mostly caught my attention because completely single player CCGs outside of Dream Quest/Slay the Spire bloodline are kind of rare. That and the wiki makes it look like there is quite a lot of content. If it were commercial game it would probably be enough to make me put it on wishlist, eventually buy it on sale and then hope I will ever get enough free time to thoroughly check it out. But since it's free I can skip right to that last step.
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: July 12, 2019, 08:40:19 pm »

It's pretty alright, yeah. Definitely one of the better mobile CCG games, doubly so for its non-existent price point. Some of the deeper in stuff gets mean, too, if you're looking for something of a challenge, at least if the PC version is the same as the android one.

Not particularly a knockoff mtg, though. Just a general CCG game, which are fairly hard to make without some degree of overlap.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1121 on: July 14, 2019, 06:52:33 am »

Age of Wonders 3, actually free on steam as I'm writing the message.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: July 14, 2019, 10:17:22 am »

Red Hot Vengeance and Captain Starshot are games released at least somewhat recently on the Steam Free-To-Play section.

Captain Starshot is, IIRC, a university project. It's a game about flying up to alien ships, shooting aliens, and preparing for big battles.

Gameplay is simplistic and I did get a touch bored by the end of the very first run, but it's still worth at least having a look at it. There is a problem where achievements won't trigger, but that's hardly the most glaring of issues in my mind.

Red Hot Vengeance is a small title that reminds me vaguely of Hotline Miami. It's top-down-ish shooting, your character has a health bar, and both enemies and you can wind up dead very quickly. Even standing in front of a pistol wielding enemy for a few seconds can see you dead. There's a level editor for this one, and several user-made levels are already available on the workshop.

Again, both are free.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: July 29, 2019, 02:21:09 pm »

Lucky's Tale was offered for free for anyone with the Oculus program. I had it for a long time. Now they decided to remove it. This is a danger with such platforms.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

mocman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: August 08, 2019, 07:13:55 pm »

A game Jam game from 2015!

WALKIE TALKIE

A Platformer which Levels are the messages you input, It's an IRC + Platformer

https://managore.itch.io/walkie-talkie

It chat refreshes about every 1000 posts ~= every 2 years, so I imagine the chat will refresh by the end of the year.
Have a wonderful day
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 143