Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.19 Released  (Read 169603 times)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.19 Released
« Reply #435 on: February 21, 2011, 05:00:47 pm »

Has anyone actually managed to brew alcohol into a glazed large earthenware pot? Because I was monitoring this bug report on bugtracker and it has just been flagged as resolved, no change needed. My dwarves stubbornly refuse to either haul the pots into a storage or use them for liquids ( yes I did glaze them). For some reason they use 3 of them for finished meals, eggs and tallow, but the rest of the pots are just kicking around, outside the stockpiles. They haul them when I flag them to dump, or to the trading depot, and I can sell them, but they simply won't take them to stockpile. Same goes for large stoneware pots(glazed as well).

Which report do you mean?  Is it this one or maybe this one?  If not, please link to the specific report so we can evaluate whether it should be reopened.

Footkerchief, was that a Star Control Myconid reference? Kudos for keeping the dust off an old classic  :o

Yes indeed!

TheDistur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 21, 2011, 05:19:35 pm »

If I have animals assigned to a pasture and set to be butchered, the dwarf leading the animal gets confused and can't decide whether to bring the animal to the pasture or to the butcher's shop. I have to remove them from the pasture list and then the dwarf will bring them to the butcher's shop. Can anyone confirm this?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 21, 2011, 05:21:08 pm »

If I have animals assigned to a pasture and set to be butchered, the dwarf leading the animal gets confused and can't decide whether to bring the animal to the pasture or to the butcher's shop. I have to remove them from the pasture list and then the dwarf will bring them to the butcher's shop. Can anyone confirm this?

Already reported and fixed for the next version.

TheDistur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 21, 2011, 05:23:42 pm »

Already reported and fixed for the next version.

Whoops, I'll check the tracker next time.

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 21, 2011, 06:59:30 pm »

HammerDave has calmed down
 8)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 21, 2011, 08:31:11 pm »

Apparently, as a workaround, you can put the farmer's workshop inside the pasture.  Since it's inside the pasture, the cow isn't going "stray", so that problem doesn't occur.  Makes for shorter transit times, anyway.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

raalph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 21, 2011, 09:38:56 pm »

Great release.

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 21, 2011, 09:44:24 pm »

I've got to say that the grass growing indoor bug is handy for keeping your herd safe. Of course, when you breach the caverns, I guess cavern 'grass' would grow there. Wouldn't it?

Also, it seems like there's less need to use restraints in this version.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 21, 2011, 09:44:42 pm »

If the wild bird invasion to claim nest boxes bug is fixed next version, I might hang out in 0.19 a bit more so that my fort can be surrounded by pillars every 5 tiles on top of each is placed a nest box claimed by an angry wild Giant Eagle mother.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Beardless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 22, 2011, 01:47:06 am »

Is it just me, or does Toady's wording ("overzealous nest box claiming") imply that the wild birds claiming nest boxes is only being toned down rather than eliminated? Because that would make my day. It was clearly overboard when a flock of ducks would invade the fortress to reach nest boxes in the caverns, but geese claiming outdoor nest boxes and then terrorizing all who come near? Surprisingly realistic! Great work.
So it turns out that dumping magma on skeletons is either a really bad idea or maybe like the best idea ever.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 22, 2011, 03:00:11 am »

Well they should make nests for themselves but anyway i am too for toning it down instead of removing this feature. Just let me ready my cagetraps  before that happens ok?
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Torham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 22, 2011, 03:52:25 am »

Has anyone actually managed to brew alcohol into a glazed large earthenware pot? Because I was monitoring this bug report on bugtracker and it has just been flagged as resolved, no change needed. My dwarves stubbornly refuse to either haul the pots into a storage or use them for liquids ( yes I did glaze them). For some reason they use 3 of them for finished meals, eggs and tallow, but the rest of the pots are just kicking around, outside the stockpiles. They haul them when I flag them to dump, or to the trading depot, and I can sell them, but they simply won't take them to stockpile. Same goes for large stoneware pots(glazed as well).

Which report do you mean?  Is it this one or maybe this one?  If not, please link to the specific report so we can evaluate whether it should be reopened.

Footkerchief, was that a Star Control Myconid reference? Kudos for keeping the dust off an old classic  :o

Yes indeed!

Its the first one .... damn i don't know how to do the trick with the links, number: 0003975: Unable to use Large stone pots as barrels. I have a save ready for you
with examples of unclaimed pots and a message from brewer saying not enough barrels.

I have run out of time now, i will upload the save later to DFFD, i have to go to work now.
I, for one, welcome our new Pony Overlords.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 22, 2011, 07:02:37 am »

Umm, I'm more than a little disappointed.  DF with a scarcity of metal?  No anvils available to purchase on embark?  WTF!!  I had been considering donating part of my tax refund, but this is just totally unacceptable.  Is there any way to turn metals back on?

--snip--
GALENA : 3094
RAW_ADAMANTINE : 9136
TETRAHEDRITE : 12927

I wouldn't call 13k of tetrahedrite (copper + 20% silver) and 3k galena (lead + 50% silver) a scarcity of metal. You don't have iron, is that your complaint?

This is mine:
YELLOW ZIRCON : 32
ONYX OPAL : 627
BISMUTHINITE : 1070
RAW_ADAMANTINE : 1084
SCHORL : 1136
OPAL_PFIRE : 1309
HONEY YELLOW BERYL : 2168
GOLD OPAL : 3212
CITRINE : 4064
SPINEL_RED : 4877
CLEAR TOURMALINE : 5975
GALENA : 12646
HEMATITE : 28494
ALMANDINE : 63539
MICA : 66700
ORTHOCLASE : 70928
SLADE : 147133
COBALTITE : 402492

Guess I'm just lucky. 28k Iron ore and the embark screen said I have flux stone too (I assume prospector isn't listing it for some reason, it's also not listing chert, which I can see). I also have an insane amount of clear tourmaline almandine gems, plenty of galena (lead+50% silver), and fire clay.
EDIT: Running it with -ab listed the chert, as well as "MARBLE : 246842", which will be my flux.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 07:20:56 am by Thief^ »
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Torham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 22, 2011, 08:37:08 am »

Ok, I am back for lunch, I uploaded the save.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3833

I have successfully reproduced this bug on a fresh world gen and fresh embark ( although the save I uploaded is also fresh gen). Im not using any mods.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 09:16:48 am by Torham »
I, for one, welcome our new Pony Overlords.

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 22, 2011, 11:24:46 am »

After a few months, grasses seem to settle for a perfectly square pattern.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Is this intentional? It looks ugly.
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36