Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.19 Released  (Read 169670 times)

Greng

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Be Attitude for Gains
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.19 Released
« Reply #420 on: February 20, 2011, 09:45:06 pm »

I've only just cracked the surface of DF with the current lazy newb pack to make editing jobs and applying tilesets easier.  I lucked out on my second attempt by managing to flood an area to make a huge farm plot :)

I won't get this update but once I start to figure out more of the basics I am very excited for this caravan series of updates.

Max respect for your efforts in developing this game.  It's daunting enough to play, I can only imagine the amount of work involved in updating it as much as you manage.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 20, 2011, 10:10:44 pm »

anybody know if/when will this version be released with phoebus or mayday graphics pack?

DF_Phoebus_31_19v00 has been out since Friday (or was it Thursday?).
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

warwizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 21, 2011, 03:09:49 am »

ok running the 0.31.19 version my first mood dwarf took a weapon smith shop and took a bar of tin and a dog leather to produce a tin crossbow ... with a dog leather glaze and bands of tin.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 21, 2011, 03:46:20 am »

ok running the 0.31.19 version my first mood dwarf took a weapon smith shop and took a bar of tin and a dog leather to produce a tin crossbow ... with a dog leather glaze and bands of tin.

Fetch Fido! *tosses bone into kiln"
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 21, 2011, 09:00:14 am »

... well, I guess ash glazing doesn't HAVE to be wood ashes?
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 21, 2011, 09:08:16 am »

... well, I guess ash glazing doesn't HAVE to be wood ashes?

It's not ash. He turned the dog leather directly into a glaze without any steps inbetween. That's why it's legendary.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 21, 2011, 10:24:01 am »

The other glaze is tin. Presumably the game gave it a dog leather glaze instead of bands of dog leather.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 21, 2011, 10:54:58 am »

Trolls are the goblinoid version of Troglodytes, brutish and coarse haired. Their nose is epic.

That is my opinion on the matter in any case.

Makes me wonder i\f there are dwarf troggies...;)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 11:00:08 am by Areyar »
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 21, 2011, 12:25:55 pm »

Trolls are the goblinoid version of Troglodytes, brutish and coarse haired. Their nose is epic.

That is my opinion on the matter in any case.

Makes me wonder i\f there are dwarf troggies...;)

That would make quite the caste! There are, however, already dwarves with quite prodigious noses.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 21, 2011, 03:24:48 pm »

Umm, I'm more than a little disappointed.  DF with a scarcity of metal?  No anvils available to purchase on embark?  WTF!!  I had been considering donating part of my tax refund, but this is just totally unacceptable.  Is there any way to turn metals back on?

ALMANDINE : 15
SMOKY QUARTZ : 113
OPAL_REDFLASH : 152
GREEN ZIRCON : 287
HORNBLENDE : 296
SPINEL_RED : 339
RED ZIRCON : 543
CHERRY OPAL : 650
CLEAR ZIRCON : 675
JELLY OPAL : 722
RUTILE : 752
PINK GARNET : 788
PYRITE : 878
PIPE OPAL : 922
SPINEL_PURPLE : 1170
OPAL_CLARO : 1215
PRASE : 1295
GREEN TOURMALINE : 1502
GALENA : 3094
RAW_ADAMANTINE : 9136
TETRAHEDRITE : 12927
ORTHOCLASE : 20694
BROWN ZIRCON : 22464
SLADE : 108344

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 21, 2011, 03:37:47 pm »

All Trolls are Different

Also, yay for scarcity! I think I'll donate. *cough*

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 21, 2011, 04:08:44 pm »

Umm, I'm more than a little disappointed.  DF with a scarcity of metal?  No anvils available to purchase on embark?  WTF!!  I had been considering donating part of my tax refund, but this is just totally unacceptable.  Is there any way to turn metals back on?

[Re: Missing Metals] As I acknowledged in the release notes, this is a problem.  The release was split because it was delayed and needed to be aired out.  I cleaned up a lot of the loose (split?) ends, but I only thought of this one at the last moment, so I mentioned it in the notes and plan to sort it out during this bugfix period.  Once we have trade, some assurance that a reasonable amount of ore is being brought to the surface in world gen and better local mineral veins, I imagine it'll be less of a problem, but we don't have any of those things yet.  Even after that, I think we should end up with some world gen options for different play styles.  As people have mentioned, an over-abundance of metals will essentially remove that element of the economy (and warfare etc etc), but not everybody is going to be playing for those reasons.  Worlds with some variation in metal distribution will be the ones that receive the most attention over the long term, though.

Torham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 21, 2011, 04:44:43 pm »

Has anyone actually managed to brew alcohol into a glazed large earthenware pot? Because I was monitoring this bug report on bugtracker and it has just been flagged as resolved, no change needed. My dwarves stubbornly refuse to either haul the pots into a storage or use them for liquids ( yes I did glaze them). For some reason they use 3 of them for finished meals, eggs and tallow, but the rest of the pots are just kicking around, outside the stockpiles. They haul them when I flag them to dump, or to the trading depot, and I can sell them, but they simply won't take them to stockpile. Same goes for large stoneware pots(glazed as well).
I, for one, welcome our new Pony Overlords.

Thoranius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 21, 2011, 04:45:05 pm »

Footkerchief, was that a Star Control Myconid reference? Kudos for keeping the dust off an old classic  :o

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 21, 2011, 04:48:01 pm »

Match found! Using version v0.31.19 SDL.
Maximal regionoffset seen: 0.
SELENITE : 506
SPINEL_RED : 654
YELLOW GROSSULAR : 811
YELLOW SPESSARTINE : 1330
BLACK ZIRCON : 1768
SCHORL : 2204
BLUE GARNET : 2251
OPAL_PINFIRE : 2554
RED PYROPE : 2969
RAW_ADAMANTINE : 10129
GALENA : 10980
MAGNETITE : 13428
COBALTITE : 16417
GYPSUM : 18673
CLEAR ZIRCON : 39822
SLADE : 87294
Done. Press any key to continue

yeah, so few.
seriously, have we all got lazy and cannot anymore search for good locations?
do you remember how bad it was in 40d?

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36