Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.19 Released  (Read 169663 times)

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.19 Released
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2011, 02:42:53 pm »

I want to try this but I'm addicted to phoebus and therapist! Curse my dependencies!

d_inits/inits file is your friend...as well as curses_16x16.

Don't know what to say about therapists, but new things are worth the extra effort I guess.
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2011, 02:46:32 pm »

I just came across an entire dwarf civ that starved to death in year 4, like the poor kobolds, who are extinct in Legends.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2011, 02:54:18 pm »

The first town I walk into as an adventurer has about 30 shops... and 7 shopkeepers. That's economy for ya.

EDIT: Looked up the town in the legend, and it turns out that everyone who lived there starved to death a century ago. I wonder where the shopkeepers came from?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 02:59:54 pm by Lovechild »
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2011, 02:56:48 pm »

Well looks like adventure breeding JUST GOT A LOT HARDER, or not at all all depends if having the tame tag causes issues like having to constantly Feed pets/tame creatures in a pen with only Grass and not butchered meat. Man sucks to those to be those 'Bolds maybe you all should make them eat on Emergency rations add on from the Protection of Fictional Creatures so that they won't starve to death.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

foop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2011, 02:56:58 pm »

Holy cow!  This is great.  But, at the same time, scary.  I predict much fun, broken pots, and angry bees.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2011, 03:07:43 pm »

The first town I walk into as an adventurer has about 30 shops... and 7 shopkeepers. That's economy for ya.

EDIT: Looked up the town in the legend, and it turns out that everyone who lived there starved to death a century ago. I wonder where the shopkeepers came from?

I just came across an entire dwarf civ that starved to death in year 4, like the poor kobolds, who are extinct in Legends.

Judging by what people are saying, civs are just generated as if they've existed for a while, yet with no/little respect for whether or not they're sustainable. As such, civs that don't survive (due to lack of food sources) look as if they lived for a long time and then vanished, even though they should never have had a chance to become established in the first place.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

zach2good

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2011, 03:33:47 pm »

YESSSSSSSS! Time to ignore my crippling fear of bees!

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2011, 04:05:16 pm »

Hmmm. The first map I embarked on had skeletal rhinocerouses. Unfortunately(?), my miners could take them down with a snap of their fingers.

LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS looks set to be the magic modders' new best friend. I'm already planning magma-dwelling creatures which eat a HUGE amount of grass, compress it into pure carbon in their stomachs and lay lumps of coal, with the occasional diamond.

In my first worldgen, The Scintillating Band of the Ordered Kingdoms constructed a market called The Vanished Beers.
The name may have had something to do with a neighbouring kingdom, where a group called the Thief of Rivers established a market called The Infinite Whisky...

I can confirm the outside-grass-in-excavated-soil bug, and the megabeast-killed-but-lives-again bug:

My skeletal cavies are also bleeding on the map.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2011, 04:15:16 pm »

I suggest to post in on mantis.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2011, 04:22:12 pm »

Oh sweet. I can't wait to get home now...
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2011, 04:47:48 pm »

Oh wow, great improvement to the Site Finder. Also a lot of other nice stuff. Thanks for the update, Toady.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

penco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2011, 04:51:27 pm »

Sounds very neat, but I will check back in a week when the bugs are squished.

madk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • pineapplemachine
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2011, 05:06:48 pm »

I love you, Tarn

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2011, 05:12:37 pm »

Official stamp of approval. If it weren't for the fact that I'm damn broke, there would be $20 in the mail for you.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2011, 05:16:47 pm »

I'm a little upset by this new embark screen change, where I can't even tell whether a mountain is volcanic or not without embarking, or what kind of soil there is.  Couldn't this be the sort of thing that gets an INIT option or a worldgen parameter?

Yeah, sure, it's silly to know what's at the bottom of the layers, but it's not unrealistic to know what someone can just plain see exposed on a mountainface before committing to spending the rest of your life in a location.

Especially since we now have a need to look for certain soil types to enjoy the new industries, and the glass industry still requires sand.

EDIT: Ah, wait, clay actually does have its own indicator text.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 05:54:16 pm by NW_Kohaku »
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36