Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Game Over: Be Ashamed. Be Very Ashamed.  (Read 56635 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Day 3: Jim Groovester Is Out Of Sync
« Reply #390 on: March 09, 2011, 04:53:16 pm »

[I should expand on that.

There are three townies and two mafiosos remaining.  If the two scum both vote the same person, it will take all three townies united to beat that vote.  If you sit in the background and rest on your laurels (or worse yet, not vote), then you're handing scum the game.  You need to get out and find the scum.  If you're absolutely convinced the person you are voting is scum, you should be trying to get everyone else to vote that target.]

I am still convinced Tyberix is scum.  He's brought a decent case today (unlike yesterday- see my first post on him), but it does not absolve him from prior.  He basically ignored my attack on him from today.

Web:  Please prod or replace Painiac.  He hasn't posted in a week.

Everyone else: Get on and get your priorities in order.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 09, 2011, 05:28:23 pm »

Painiac has been prodded.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 09, 2011, 06:11:02 pm »

Toaster::
Anyway, I thought I had made it clear that Tyberix was my first suspect.  In any case, Tyberix, how sure are you on Painiac? 
Sure enough to vote him, but not enough to not listen to his explanation if it would be convincing enough and he shows some proof against someone else that i missed there's always a chance i change it. But that's why i attack him - to be completely sure after all.

I am still convinced Tyberix is scum.  He's brought a decent case today (unlike yesterday- see my first post on him), but it does not absolve him from prior.  He basically ignored my attack on him from today.
If you really find it not enough ,ok more detailed response below:

Tyberix:  Are you ready to take a firm stand today?  Your D2 can be summed up in one word: noncommittal.

I agree that i'm indecisive and looking for target to attack - but that's not making me scum, how would i scumhunt without it, especially that i haven't got clear suspect at this point ? Waiting and watching is worse than attacking in my opinion.

This statement is fairly incriminating, now that I study it.  You're combining excuses, defensiveness, and indecisiveness in one big scummy bundle.
Reasons and defense when defending against attack that i find at least bit sensible is in my opinion only option than useless attacking the attacker. Of course i could refuse that i was indecisive, but even i see i should be more decided back then and what's the use of obvious lying like that?
As far as other points go, here's what I got from a reread:
Translation : As far as one other point goes - really i see here one reason derived from wrong assumption
Your D1 starts off well enough, until we get to here.  This attack on Super bothered me the first time I read it, and it still bugs me now.  You back off it quickly, claiming misunderstanding, which I believe may be true.  However, there's one point that's easy to miss there- you were voting SaintDraze, but you didn't go back to him.  In fact, it was several posts of yours later before you even mention him again.  Why?  What changed in that short interval to make Saint no longer voteworthy?  As i said before as i read super remark i written this vote/attack. When i read it again i noticed it was my mistake in understanding it - why i voted ? few super strange behavior put him on verge of being one of my prime suspects, and this just tipped the scales. But after i noticed my error i unvoted him and give him a second chance of redemption - especially because it made me think he could do some errors like this too we're both new to this after all. Why you insist that i voted SaintDraze back there ? I was voting Japa - mainly because to make him speak more - and lifted it after he done so, that wasn't a accusation vote in my opinion,rather prod one. Rest of this accusation is based on that fact so it's bit useless to answer that "what if" reasoning. Besides SaintDraze behavior is so unpredictable that i'm not sure if i could ever guess when he is scum,that's why i taken his scumtells with lower importance than everyone else.

My theory is you saw a chance to get off the bandwagon and took it. You write these thing beforehand and then fill in the names ?

For the rest of the day and D2, you're noncommittal with your vote, and are afraid to take a stand on any issue.  I'm calling you out now- who is scum?  Why?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 10, 2011, 09:07:17 am »

I have to give you the D1 point.  I managed to miss your prior change of vote, so the line on attack over Super/Saint is completely invalid.

I'm still confident in my vote, however.  You're recovering from your D2 mistakes, but they still exist.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Day 1: Ominous Words...
« Reply #394 on: March 10, 2011, 11:05:15 am »

SaintDraze.

Reasonless FoS.

While there was some scummy things, your talk sounds good overall.

...While there was some scummy things.
No. You say all that you think if you're town.

But, it never hurts to scumhunt more for second scum

But you never did this.

I don't know, I am horrible at hiding things.

Emotional appeal.

Ehum. Packing time. I'll return, but in short, Painiac's been non-committal, lurky, and tunnel-esque. Also, he's been lurking huge amounts, which is how the last BM was won.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 10, 2011, 11:05:38 am »

Excuse me, second-to-last BM.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 10, 2011, 04:06:38 pm »

You want to make us die slow painful death :( ?

How we can go on with this if there's no discussion ?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Night 2: SaintDrazed And Confused.
« Reply #397 on: March 10, 2011, 05:15:27 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Ottofar -
lordnincompoop -
Tyberix - lordnincompoop, Toaster,
Painiac - Tyberix,
Toaster -

Not Voting - Painiac, Ottofar,

Day Ends Friday 9 PM Central.

Painiac needs a replacement.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SaintDraze has replaced Painiac.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 10, 2011, 11:50:58 pm »

lordnincompoop has been prodded.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 11, 2011, 12:41:38 am »

You want to make us die slow painful death :( ?

How we can go on with this if there's no discussion ?

Scum won the BM I was talking about.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 11, 2011, 12:49:25 am »

I'm dead but you're going to get my advice anyway because teaching you how to play is more important than respecting the rules for dead players.

This is a terrible lylo right now. Nobody's said anything. You, and by you, I mean every person in the game right now, needs to get their shit together right now.

You should be voting who you think is scum, arguing with everybody and trying to convince everybody to vote your scum target. This abject lack of participation is going to lose the game.

If you're town, half the remaining players in the game are scum. There's a record to look over for everybody, so go look over it. If you pay enough attention you should figure it out. Once you do, go convince everybody else to vote your target.

And dammit, people. Play the goddamn game. Not saying anything at lylo is not doing that.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 11, 2011, 07:24:56 am »

I'm dead but you're going to get my advice anyway because teaching you how to play is more important than respecting the rules for dead players.

This is a terrible lylo right now. Nobody's said anything. You, and by you, I mean every person in the game right now, needs to get their shit together right now.

You should be voting who you think is scum, arguing with everybody and trying to convince everybody to vote your scum target. This abject lack of participation is going to lose the game.

If you're town, half the remaining players in the game are scum. There's a record to look over for everybody, so go look over it. If you pay enough attention you should figure it out. Once you do, go convince everybody else to vote your target.

And dammit, people. Play the goddamn game. Not saying anything at lylo is not doing that.
Everyone should be following this.

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 11, 2011, 08:30:45 am »

There are three townies and two mafiosos remaining.  If the two scum both vote the same person, it will take all three townies united to beat that vote.  If you sit in the background and rest on your laurels (or worse yet, not vote), then you're handing scum the game.  You need to get out and find the scum.  If you're absolutely convinced the person you are voting is scum, you should be trying to get everyone else to vote that target.]

Welp I got replaced in because It was so blaringly obvious who scum is....

Toaster and lordNinJapa....

Specificly because they are doing exactly what toaster just mentioned!

Toaster

Namely because my gut instinct was right!
Toaster and Japa didn't vote me because they knew I wasn't scum, and it would look better if they didn't vote for me at all...

Me, ottofar, and tyberix are the last townies...
we should vote for toaster first since he was the master mind behind this.
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 11, 2011, 09:31:19 am »

Jim's completely right, and I've clearly not been doing a good job at communicating this.  I apologize for sucking as an IC today.

If you do not participate at LYLO, you might as well never have joined the game in the first place!

Everyone, myself included, has been doing a very poor job at scum hunting today.  Games like this are a scum's paradise, because they have to do nothing to win.  If you have any interest in all in winning, come in and throw down at least a small wall of text.  If you don't have any interest in winning, why did you join?

As homework everyone needs to get on and post their thoughts on everyone.

Specifically:

SaintDraze:  You mean I'm scum because I thought Supercharazard was scummier than you?  That's not a good reason to be voting at LYLO.  Get more reasoning if you want to press your attack.

Ottofar:  You're not voting.  That's unforgivable at this point in the game.  Make some time, get on, and vote WITH REASONS for whom you suspect!  Be wordy!

Tyberix:  You're probably doing the best so far today, but you're not pressing your attack enough.  Does it still apply to SaintDraze?

LNCP:  You're lurking up a storm.  Yes, your vote is in, but start grilling everyone else to figure out your pick for scum #2!  Let us know your pick.

Scumpicks, in order:
Tyberix
Ottofar/SaintDraze (Tough to place him since he just replaced)
LNCP

Finally, extend.  Let's really do this.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32