Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Game Over: Be Ashamed. Be Very Ashamed.  (Read 56664 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Night 1: Supercharainnocent, Am I Right?
« Reply #285 on: February 27, 2011, 09:01:53 pm »

After the traditional after-snack naptime, the men rose to find lordnincompoop's skull turned into a rather fine dust. Except somebody mixed in a bunch of brains, too. Nobody likes brains in their dust.

A quick search through his loincloth revealed he was a mere pointy-stick-man. Of course, looking at his pointy-stick might have revealed that without the whole awkward situation.

Everybody vowed not to talk about the loincloth incident.

I mean, what loincloth incident?

Dude, I was trying to pretend to have NEVER heard or seen what just happened.

YES, I KNOW IT JUST HAPPENED. STOP MENTIONING IT.

Looking up at the boulder and it's foreboding words, the group set about finding the perpetrator(s).

lordnincompoop has been killed!

lordnincompoop was a Townie (town).

Vote Count
------------------------
SaintDraze -
Ottofar -
Japa -
Tyberix -
Painiac -
Toaster -
Jim Groovester -

Not Voting - Ottofar, SaintDraze, Toaster, Japa, Painiac, Tyberix, Jim Groovester,

Day Ends Wednesday 9 PM Central.

It is now Day.

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Day 2: Lordskullkersmashed
« Reply #286 on: February 27, 2011, 09:30:41 pm »

Welp i can't believe i did not get lynched.
welp super and lordnincompoop Flipped town...
quite surprising that super is town
jim
Do you care to announce any scum picks that you have?

Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 27, 2011, 09:43:09 pm »

I do have my scumpicks.

But why are you running to me first?

How about you tell me who you suspect first.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 27, 2011, 11:01:42 pm »

Hrm.  Need to do some rereading, but that's a morning thing.  A couple questions for now:

Ottofar:  Do you still suspect SaintDraze?

SaintDraze:
jim
Do you care to announce any scum picks that you have?

Appeal to Authority

This leans dangerously close to that logical fallacy.  Is Jim experienced?  Yes.  Is he infallible and omniscient?  No.  Will relying on him to find the scum for you completely fail to improve your own scum hunting skills?  Absolutely.

Decide for yourself who you think is scum.  Don't rely on someone else (even if they're good at it) to do it for you.

As Jim said, who do you suspect?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 27, 2011, 11:36:35 pm »

I'd also say it's a scum tell.

If a player can't come up with their own suspicions or reasoning it's probably indicative of a greater problem: that they're scum and they're struggling to suspect people because they know everybody is town or the people that are acting suspicious are their partners.

If I thought you had your own suspicions already, I would freely offer my own. But I think you'll instead just nod and agree with me and don't do any work and I don't go for that stuff so I'm putting you on the spot to see what you can come up with.

So, come on, SaintDraze. Let's see what you got.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 27, 2011, 11:38:19 pm »

Who says I am relying on anyone toaster...

My scum picks were you and japa.
I don't really remember why so I am now going to re-read the thread to get a grasp of the thoughts I had...
The reason wasn't good anyway.

I honestly didn't expect to not get lynched...

Jim, Well If you aren't going to state your scum picks before everyone else has stated theirs then you describe the process in which you ask players about NK with out making Wine?
Is there even a way?
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 27, 2011, 11:41:19 pm »

No.

Don't think about it. It will lead you positively nowhere.

Let's see those reasons.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 28, 2011, 12:10:30 am »

I've mentioned before that I was split in my suspicions between Saint and Super,  due to both of them engaging in a pointless pissing contest, but I had no way, at the time, of knowing which of them was scum.

but, since super turned out to be town, that leaves SaintDraze

I've got my eye on you.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 28, 2011, 08:09:58 am »

Hrm.  Need to do some rereading, but that's a morning thing.  A couple questions for now:

Ottofar:  Do you still suspect SaintDraze?

Yup.
Actual post when home.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 28, 2011, 09:50:47 am »

[Despite the previous day resulting in two dead townies, now is not the time to freak out.  We've got time to solve this, and accidents happen.  You can look at Super's and LNCP's posts and know that they were made in good faith (but not that they were correct!) to see what can be concluded.  Generally, though, a dead vanilla townie will not tell you much.  A dead scum is far more informative.

Much more informative is vote reasoning and behavior.  Did the people who voted the two of them (especially Super) have good reasons?  Were they just looking for an easy lynch?  Note that merely voting for a townie is not a scumtell- innocent people can be wrong- the intentions behind it have to be malign.

Now reassess your suspicions and go hunt some scum!]

Saint:
Who says I am relying on anyone toaster...

Your actions do.  The way you asked Jim for his picks while offering nothing yourself was downright codependent.  You need to get your views aired out before you will be taken seriously.

Also, do you think your antagonizing of Super D1 accomplished anything?

Japa:
but, since super turned out to be town, that leaves SaintDraze

I've got my eye on you.

Why are you not questioning him if he's your only listed suspect?  You can't expect scumtells to just drop into your lap.  This is compounded by the fact that you FoS him but don't vote him- why is he suspicious enough to FoS but not enough to vote?  What are you doing to clarify that suspicion either to solid scum or probable town?

Who else do you suspect?  Give reasons behind any name you mention- including SaintDraze.

Tyberix:  Same deal: What has Super's flip done to your suspicions of SaintDraze?  Any other picks?  Why?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 28, 2011, 11:52:01 am »

Well ,looks like super was just bad player :|

Toaster: It's simple SaintDraze is now more scummy than D1 so if he won't contribute anything useful soon, he is now my target no 1 right now. As for other picks look below.

SaintDraze Why you're asking how to make more WIFOMy speculations ? You want it ,don't you ? Also you admit that you stopped scumhunting because of votes on you ? That's scummy defense and only adds to my suspicions. What do you think about super play now ? What do you think of painiac ?

Painiac :Well you're most vague about your suspitcions yesterday,somehow after each attack on SaintDraze after his scummy posts you made excuses for him,blaming newbieness or diminishing his uselessnes, and suddenly when he become main lynching candidate you changed your vote for supercharazad. That's my overwiew on your vague play so tell me what do you think of SaintDraze now?

Painiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 28, 2011, 12:07:11 pm »

What I am thinking? Vote SaintDraze. It seems he wasn't newby, but scummy. I was searching for some deeper meaning in his post, I don't know why. I had wifomed myself only. With Supercharazad death, I think it is really clear. I am terribly tired (4 hours of sleep, oh god), so I don't want to restate my thoughts on matter. I had posted them already. Well, after some sleep I can deliver it later if someone is really that interested.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 28, 2011, 12:12:18 pm »

Bah!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 28, 2011, 12:23:45 pm »

Tyberix.

Oh, you have two suspicions, huh? Have you heard of this vote thing you have? It's real key to lynching the people you suspect.

You're cowardly, cautious scum.

A word of caution as the game moves forward: You (to everybody) really don't want to get into an either/or mindset with anybody. Supercharazad and SaintDraze were fighting, but because Supercharazad flipped town doesn't make SaintDraze scum. Make sure to examine SaintDraze scumminess on his own merits instead of automatically implicating him because of Supercharazad's town flip.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 28, 2011, 02:22:47 pm »

Sorry guys.
Don't really have an excuse for not posting, except laziness.
Tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32