Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 32

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Game Over: Be Ashamed. Be Very Ashamed.  (Read 56671 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Day 1: Ominous Words...
« Reply #240 on: February 22, 2011, 05:23:23 pm »

You have no reasons for your top pick.
You have many reasons for your second pick.
You are not voting your top pick.

There's your mess of contradictions.

That is not enough, write a paragraph on each reason. Or are you scum, Jim?

This is incredibly hypocritical.

I have yet to see some from you, Super. Where are they? Why do you so adamantly refuse to elaborate and clarify, or answer any questions?

You are scum, unable to back claims up because you know they have no depth. You feel the pressure on you, and your response is to go into denial.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 22, 2011, 05:25:02 pm »

Supercharazad, you've went and jumped to Tyberix's defence awfully quick, what's your reasoning?

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 22, 2011, 05:25:37 pm »

I have yet to see some from you, Super. Where are they? Why do you so adamantly refuse to elaborate and clarify, or answer any questions?

You are scum, unable to back claims up because you know they have no depth. You feel the pressure on you, and your response is to go into denial.

Actually, I was imitating those who told ME that I had to write a paragraph per reason.

I do answer every question directed at me, so long as I see it.

I did not jump to Tyberix's defense, I was merely imitating.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 22, 2011, 05:28:28 pm »

Actually, I was imitating those who told ME that I had to write a paragraph per reason.

I do answer every question directed at me, so long as I see it.

Then answer mine. Your reasons are still unclear and need elaboration.

If you are not willing, at least provide me with reasons instead of ignoring me outright.

Painiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 22, 2011, 06:39:47 pm »

Painiac: As scum, what would you do in this situation?

I don't know, I am horrible at hiding things. I don't really enjoy playing as scum. I can only guess.

Well, I would probably do some delicate scapegoating under false scumhunting, and I would try to vote for shortening. I would be trying to be active and pro-town, with some scumhunting and whatever. I would lie to myself about being townie, so I would appear in my mind as townie. Everything else would come somewhat natural then.

unvote SaintDraze, vote Supercharazad

Okay, you are rising as my main suspect. Can you explain why you are suspecting Jim - you have FoS-ed him - so quickly? I'm feeling something like chainsawing there...

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 23, 2011, 03:14:02 am »

unvote SaintDraze, vote Supercharazad

Okay, you are rising as my main suspect.
Why.

Painiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 23, 2011, 03:45:36 am »

Okay, while I was conviced Supercharazad was being newbie, it looks like he is another scum.

You are acting weird about RVS stage. Jim has stated some rules about it in his first post. I will say after him: random vote is normal thing. Yet it is your pretty much only claim why SaintDraze is scum. It is weak. It's like you wanted to bandwagon to him while you coulnd't find arguments.

You had asked many questions in your first post. Most of them was, well, unconclusive. That or that. In your second post you didn't comment on any answer for your questions. Even on SaintDraze. It seems like you didn't care about questions and answers. So, it looks you only pretended to do any scumhunt. When everyone piled up on SaintDraze, you didn't look for any clues. You were looking how vote on him while not being suspected. You saw you couldn't do anything, so you could only throw him under bus.
Currently, I'm going to vote Saint the second he messes up again.
And again, your only argument is his vote in randomvoting stage. You know, he had MOVED his vote when you had posted, and ramdomvoted me instead. You are arguing something, which existed for, hell, 5 minutes in game? Maybe 15? Your argument doesn't make sense. He wasn't trying lynching you and you know it as well. Well, you probably remember it so clear, because it gave you pressure, and if you are scum, it isn't weird why you can't forget it.

You are voting for shortening, because you are bored? Hey, my questioning about shortening had some effects, I see. You was feeling pressured, and wanted to end it, when you saw chance. That was your reason.

Your last post... NK'ed or not, talking about it spread only WIFOM. You can't find scum from this. That question is somewhat scummy.
Also, FoS Supercharazad.
I'm not sure of SaintDraze being scum... He could simply made some mistakes as newbie. So, if I am not voting SaintDraze, then it was natural to vote Supercharazad instead.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 23, 2011, 09:36:06 am »

Ottofar:  You didn't answer my question...

Ottofar:  What are your other scum picks?

...but now I realize it sucks because you gave me two in your post.  Let me amend it:

Ottofar, could you please state why you're leaving your vote on SaintDraze?  Your FoS to Super is clear enough.

Super:

I did not jump to Tyberix's defense, I was merely imitating.

Ah, but you did.   You attacked his attacker, indirectly defending Tyberix.

[This is what's known as the Chainsaw Defense.  Defending someone directly that later flips scum points all eyes toward you, so some scum use a less direct method.  Say TownieA attacks ScumA.  ScumB then attacks TownieA in order to discredit any attack points TownieA makes, which indirectly defends ScumA.  It's a strong scumtell when ScumA dies and flips scum.]

[Painiac:  Voting for a shorten when there is active discussion is a very scummy move, as is any attempt to stifle discussion.  However, one of the best tips for new scum players is what you just said- convince yourself you are actually town before you read the thread, and force yourself to actually scum hunt.  It's far easier to be convincing if you convince yourself first.]

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 23, 2011, 11:41:49 am »

You guys don't seem to get this:

I WASN'T BEING SERIOUS.

I was imitating Lordnincompoop.

Painiac, why is it that you don't vote Saint because he is "newbie", but do vote me, when I am much newer than him?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 23, 2011, 02:03:49 pm »

Sorry guys, had a unexpectedly busy day.
Included haircuts, dinners with relatives, and new clothes.

Extremely tired  I am now. Sleep, I will.

Painiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 23, 2011, 02:57:39 pm »

Supercharazad: while SaintDraze made unclear scumtells - some of them were characteristic to newbie townies too - you have done some clearly scummy things. It's hard to decide, you know. I was thinking before he was scum, but when I'm looking at it now, he could be in his usual mood - he wasn't serious at most times, trying to joke and all that. He maybe took some arguments too deep, and that hurt him somehow, and that's why he made some od these mistakes? Dunno. He is hard to read for me, I am playing it more seriously, so I have hard time dealing with him. So, I think that's the reason he got my vote first. But as you can see, it is not reason to lynch him.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 23, 2011, 03:18:31 pm »

I'm guessing it's another D1 lynch for me? Geez, these BMs are unlucky for me :/

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 23, 2011, 03:59:22 pm »

[Your back may be to the wall, but don't give up!  Keep up the scum hunting efforts and avoiding the urge to give up is the best way to convince people that others are better to vote than you.]
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 23, 2011, 04:17:10 pm »

The only way anybody looks town in this game is by scumhunting.

Do that, even when you're ahead in votes, and you might just turn the tide against you.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 23, 2011, 04:41:16 pm »

The problem is that I have exactly no leads.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 32