Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Game Over: Be Ashamed. Be Very Ashamed.  (Read 56714 times)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Day 1: Ominous Words...
« Reply #225 on: February 21, 2011, 06:09:36 pm »

Is there any chance for an extension?

It's over 1 am here.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 21, 2011, 06:25:52 pm »

Well i am interested in nightkill,i fail to see what's scummy in that. We should leave all possible questions about them ? I don't see any reason in that, also you mix my answer and NK questions in one assault. I never said that i asked about NK because nothing else was going on,that was about your "respond to idle remark". Rushing to defense : well if someone calls me scum for no apparent reason i try to prove them wrong, isn't that what's that game is about ? Or should i ignore all your attacks ? Also  "testing you reaction" is not necessary, it could be used in any situation to excuse inconvenient question or answer.

If you are interested in the nightkill then why are you interested? You've heard my theory.

Also, I said I suspected you for your talk about the night kill. I never said I thought you were scum, until you decided to defend yourself from me stating I was suspicious of you. Everybody does suspicious things, but that doesn't mean they're scum.

And the hell testing reactions isn't necessary. It's another tool in the scumhunting tool belt. I used it on you, and I got results.

Why you search for more evidence to attack SaintDraze (that's how i understand last two questions) ? Or you want to undermine other's faith in their votes - that should be done by evidence not like that. How fact that he stopped insulting you is scumtell ?

That's what he should be doing, no? He should be finding compelling arguments against his scum target and trying to convince the rest of the town that his target is scum. The problem is that he doesn't have compelling arguments. Why do you have a problem with him trying?

And now you're not voting anybody. Why not? And why is Akivara/Ottofar ahead of Supercharazad?

Hmm. I think you're scum. Unvote, Tyberix. Messes of contradictions and preemptive defenses are pretty frequently scum. Also, noncomittal and passive voting as well.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 21, 2011, 08:44:29 pm »

Japa:  You've voted Super.  If he flipped town, what would that do to your suspicion of SaintDraze?

As I said, I suspect them both equally, but don't have a lot of evidence that implicates one over the other. On the other hand, Tyberix suddenly getting very defensive about a passive comment about nightkills is an interesting development, which I will watch with interest.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 21, 2011, 08:52:02 pm »

I can get behind an extension for Ottofar, so he can tell me his scum picks for D1.

Web, your vote count still has Akivara.

Japa:  So your suspicion of Draze wouldn't be changed?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 21, 2011, 08:55:09 pm »

I would still be suspicious of him, and that suspicion would get some confirmation if Super's a townie, but the suspicion for both of them is weak as-is, and it's entirely possible that in the mean time, somebody else will act in a way that I find to be more suspicious then their little pissing match.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: [SIGN-UPS: FULL!] Beginner's Mafia XXI
« Reply #230 on: February 21, 2011, 09:49:59 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
lordnincompoop -
SaintDraze - Painiac, Ottofar, supercharazad, SaintDraze,
Ottofar -
Japa -
Tyberix - Jim Groovester,
supercharazad - Toaster, lordnincompoop, Japa,
Painiac -
Toaster -
Jim Groovester -

Not Voting - Tyberix,

Day Ends Monday 9 PM Central. 2 Extensions Requested.

Day is Extended To Wednesday 9 PM.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 22, 2011, 04:31:41 am »

I would still be suspicious of him, and that suspicion would get some confirmation if Super's a townie, but the suspicion for both of them is weak as-is, and it's entirely possible that in the mean time, somebody else will act in a way that I find to be more suspicious then their little pissing match.

You speak of watching and voting as if you were an observer on the sidelines. Why don't you try to provoke or investigate Tyberix then, if your interest has been sparked?

Tyberix, your sudden and heated reaction is suspicious. Explain yourself.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 22, 2011, 07:08:05 am »

If you are interested in the nightkill then why are you interested? You've heard my theory.
Theory that is what ? Asking "innocent" questions ? You want me to ask "Are you a cop so i could kill you tonight ?" or something like that ? I still don't know what's wrong with asking about NK it's important part of the game isn't it ? So why i should not ask about it ? I could answer with your own words :
And the hell testing reactions (asking questions) isn't necessary. It's another tool in the scumhunting tool belt. I used it on you, and I got results.
Asking for NK is one of possible questions so i just asked it without any plan to get expected answer - just to look into it for scumminess.

Also, I said I suspected you for your talk about the night kill. I never said I thought you were scum, until you decided to defend yourself from me stating I was suspicious of you. Everybody does suspicious things, but that doesn't mean they're scum.
So who do you call scum ? People who you found no evidence on ? Or people who attack you or your partner ? How else then you find who is scum other than searching for suspicious actions ?

That's what he should be doing, no? He should be finding compelling arguments against his scum target and trying to convince the rest of the town that his target is scum. The problem is that he doesn't have compelling arguments. Why do you have a problem with him trying?
That's not that he tries bothers me , but the fact that asking these questions to people who vote on him could mean only one of two things :
 a)He needs more arguments on SaintDraze , but  he shouldn't ask other to find it for him - his attack is baseless if he don't have anything to support it with.
b)He wants to change others votes - that's nothing wrong - but again he should do it himself! In this situation it's bad looking version of : "Your vote doesn't suite me : change it please, i don't like being voted" - no convincing arguments,no pointing out errors , he essentially tells them to find defense for him!

I'm not voting because i feel Ottofar should say something before i vote him - my reason's why i voted him are still same as before since he not answered to them he is still my prime suspect, but voting now that he's replaced feels weird to me before he speaks out.

Hmm. I think you're scum. Unvote, Tyberix. Messes of contradictions and preemptive defenses are pretty frequently scum. Also, noncomittal and passive voting as well.
I would be happy to see these contradictions you found. I agree that maybe i put too little stress on votes but when i feel is should change it i do it without doubt - sometimes i forget that if it was pressure vote it's nullified :\

Lordnincompoop: Well i find it annoying when somebody accuse me when i try to start the discussion going on or answering questions. I felt  like i should answer when asked so i just done so. If i ignore all questions that's no better than giving up and saying that i should be lynched. If i won't deflect attacks on me, scum could as well attack me for nothing without consequences. The silent watcher stance is worst , we never find scum this way - so i respond in the best way i can.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 22, 2011, 07:34:15 am »

Reading the thread, I'm okay with the SaintDraze lynch.

But I think Supercharazard is also scummy.
Because
SaintDraze - Why did you vote me before the game even began? Are you looking to lynch a townie? Are you scum?
He's defensive.

Currently, I'm going to vote Saint the second he messes up again.

Toaster: Yes, I got the first red vote, but I voting on the very first post of the game... That's scummy. I DO believe Saint is scum, but I want to make sure before I vote.

Why? It's not like you couldn't change your vote.
Passive.

It's RVS

And yes I may have been provoking you but It was more of a test then a taunt...
The past two games you were in were more then "excitement" super, It was being a bad player.
This is such a drastic change that I think you are satisfied with whatever role you got...
And you just want to let everyone question each other and only answer questions posed to you...
[color,Red]Supercharazad[/color]

Now I think your scum...

Ah, I see. From what I can tell easily from your actions:

You want me lynched (RV on first post, attempting to create an OMGUS situation)
You are scum (General scummyness, I think everyone knows what I'm talking about)
You were excited when you did not see me vote you (Realised you made a mistake, thought you were off the hook)

I had doubts, but now they have fallen away and died, for these reasons, I am sorry to say:

Vote: SaintDraze

I will not stop until you are lynched, You have confirmed yourself as scum in my eyes.
...Everyone knows what I'm talking about. Nah. You still gotta say it.
Also, "Sorry to say". Passive.
And RV vote is a scumtell? Random Vote in the first post?

To be honest, my reasons for voting SaintDraze are:

I'm pretty sure he tried to make an OMGUS defense (ooh, is that a real mafia term? It could be a viable strategy)
He randomly insults me (I'm guessing he wants me to make mistakes, and angry people do)
He seems to be subtly trying to get me lynched (See 1, see 2, his random votes on me ect.)

As I said before, I'm fairly certain that he is scum.

To be Honest?

I'm going now. But I will return.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 22, 2011, 08:59:01 am »

Tyberix:  Asking too much about NKs smells of you fishing for a good target and how people would react to a certain selection.

Ottofar:  What are your other scum picks?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 22, 2011, 12:47:36 pm »

Theory that is what ? Asking "innocent" questions ? You want me to ask "Are you a cop so i could kill you tonight ?" or something like that ? I still don't know what's wrong with asking about NK it's important part of the game isn't it ? So why i should not ask about it ? I could answer with your own words :
And the hell testing reactions (asking questions) isn't necessary. It's another tool in the scumhunting tool belt. I used it on you, and I got results.
Asking for NK is one of possible questions so i just asked it without any plan to get expected answer - just to look into it for scumminess.

Oh, you. You've gone and done one of my favorite pet peeves players do in this game.

Using my own words against me.

Do you know how many scum have done that? Enough.

Here's the thing: I don't care. I don't have to.

What were you hoping to find from that question? What would you have considered scummy in response to your questions about the night kill?

So who do you call scum ? People who you found no evidence on ? Or people who attack you or your partner ? How else then you find who is scum other than searching for suspicious actions ?

Are the wild accusations supposed to scare me? Drop it. Right now. It's not helping your case at all. And if you want to say that I'm scum, maybe you should work my name into your list of suspicions. Actually, don't, that's me laying a trap for you. If you did I would accuse you of being defensive and suspecting the people who are attacking you for that reason alone.

My point was this: people will say they suspect you all the time. Unless they ask you a question about it, or they decide to vote you for it, you should let it pass. You have more important things to do than defend yourself from every little bit of suspicion.

The problem with what you did is that you rushed to defend yourself from the little bit of suspicion I laid out. You should have, instead, used the time to go find scum. It makes you look like you're interested in keeping yourself alive over finding scum, which is a very scummy attitude.

That's not that he tries bothers me , but the fact that asking these questions to people who vote on him could mean only one of two things :
 a)He needs more arguments on SaintDraze , but  he shouldn't ask other to find it for him - his attack is baseless if he don't have anything to support it with.
b)He wants to change others votes - that's nothing wrong - but again he should do it himself! In this situation it's bad looking version of : "Your vote doesn't suite me : change it please, i don't like being voted" - no convincing arguments,no pointing out errors , he essentially tells them to find defense for him!

I'm not voting because i feel Ottofar should say something before i vote him - my reason's why i voted him are still same as before since he not answered to them he is still my prime suspect, but voting now that he's replaced feels weird to me before he speaks out.

It's funny you have all these reasons for suspecting Supercharazad. But then you say your top suspicion is Ottofar. And I have no idea what you are voting him for. What you were voting him for.

You have a reasonless top suspicion and then you have lots of reasons for your second pick. That's inconsistent. Inconsistency like that is scummy.

I would be happy to see these contradictions you found. I agree that maybe i put too little stress on votes but when i feel is should change it i do it without doubt - sometimes i forget that if it was pressure vote it's nullified :\

Okay.

You have no reasons for your top pick.
You have many reasons for your second pick.
You are not voting your top pick.

There's your mess of contradictions.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 22, 2011, 04:32:01 pm »

What were you hoping to find from that question? What would you have considered scummy in response to your questions about the night kill?
I don't know, i'm not assuming that the answer will be scummy - first i need to read it,and since besides these questions were rather to know how to proceed not to find scummy answer about NK that is yet to happen.(that's why i asked IC...) Maybe if the asked would sound strangely certain or exactly opposite i would have the point to start attacking them. If no such thing would happen then i would simply acknowledge answer and go on. It's hard to say what exactly i would consider scummy there's too many things that could be contained in an answer.

Are the wild accusations supposed to scare me? Drop it. Right now. It's not helping your case at all. And if you want to say that I'm scum, maybe you should work my name into your list of suspicions. Actually, don't, that's me laying a trap for you. If you did I would accuse you of being defensive and suspecting the people who are attacking you for that reason alone.

My point was this: people will say they suspect you all the time. Unless they ask you a question about it, or they decide to vote you for it, you should let it pass. You have more important things to do than defend yourself from every little bit of suspicion.

The problem with what you did is that you rushed to defend yourself from the little bit of suspicion I laid out. You should have, instead, used the time to go find scum. It makes you look like you're interested in keeping yourself alive over finding scum, which is a very scummy attitude.
That wasn't meant to be aggressive - that part just made as much sense as saying that scummy behavior is not scummy. I agree that i should go after someone i targeted instead of arguing over that but if they not responding i don't see anything wrong with clearing doubts about my play. Also "if you vote me - you're scum" is funny way of telling that you're not really interested in my vote.

Okay.

Well first of all voting super at this point would end up with no-lynch situation and i'm not sure starting it is a good idea.I probably won't post before day end again so i couldn't change me vote even if i want to. Also as i said before i'm still waiting for Ottofar to say something more. Besides than i'm not really convinced that i should vote Supercharazad over SaintDraze - both of them acted scummy and i'm still not sure which one is more convincing/scummy/inconsistent. Also in the case of Supercharazad scummy behavior:  i feel like lots of these by super/saint are less important than few scumtells done by others - they just play like that :\

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 22, 2011, 04:57:31 pm »

You have all these excuses for why you're not voting anybody. When are you going to stop giving me excuses and vote the people you say you suspect?

This is noncommittal, passive newbscum crap. I've got you pegged.

Scummy scum scum scum.

Scumface.

Scumbucket.

Scummy McScummypants.

Scumbottom Scumworth.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 22, 2011, 05:08:07 pm »

That is not enough, write a paragraph on each reason. Or are you scum, Jim?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 22, 2011, 05:17:10 pm »

A paragraph isn't required. The only thing that is is clarity. And I have been clear.

If you have questions about my reasoning, ask them.

If you don't, stop complaining.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32