Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Game Over: Be Ashamed. Be Very Ashamed.  (Read 56654 times)

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Day 1: Ominous Words...
« Reply #195 on: February 20, 2011, 03:35:37 pm »

The 2 scum IC situation would be funny ;p I must not make you feel safe if you're scum then !

Jim What info do you think is most important to get out of NK without descending too deep in WIFOM ? Does D1 mislynch is bad or very bad for town in your opinion ? Who would you inspect as a cop ?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 20, 2011, 03:49:15 pm »

There's very little information to be gained from the nightkill. I don't even think about it unless the choice is really surprising to me somehow.

Day 1 mislynches are common. If the town does their job and the lynch was done for good reasons, it helps them get closer to the scum. As long as everybody has good reasons for the lynchee, then it's not so tragic that if the day ends in a mislynch.

I don't know. You. Akivara. Japa. lordnincompoop. New players who don't completely wear their hearts on their sleeves.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 20, 2011, 03:55:27 pm »

Akivara: List each player in order of scumminess.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 21, 2011, 09:08:34 am »

To be honest, my reasons for voting SaintDraze are:

I'm pretty sure he tried to make an OMGUS defense (ooh, is that a real mafia term? It could be a viable strategy)
He randomly insults me (I'm guessing he wants me to make mistakes, and angry people do)
He seems to be subtly trying to get me lynched (See 1, see 2, his random votes on me ect.)

As I said before, I'm fairly certain that he is scum.

He voted for you once, randomly. hardly reason to act like this. explain yourself further.

Japa Do you think lynching SaintDraze would bring much information ?

I'm not sure, actually.

Jim Groovester Who do you suspect besides Supercharazad and SaintDraze, who seem to be taking up the channel with their bickering at each other?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 21, 2011, 12:50:15 pm »

Tyberix keeps asking questions about nightkills that I think might go beyond simple interest in the subject. New players can sometimes betray themselves by the 'innocent' questions they ask.

Akivara hasn't posted in a while, but that's no reason for significant alarm.

Who are your suspects?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 21, 2011, 02:11:30 pm »

Not much activity around, though I guess I shouldn't be the one saying that. Any questions for moi?

Day 1 mislynches are common. If the town does their job and the lynch was done for good reasons, it helps them get closer to the scum. As long as everybody has good reasons for the lynchee, then it's not so tragic that if the day ends in a mislynch.

Would you say we have good reasons for the SD lynch?

I don't know. You. Akivara. Japa. lordnincompoop. New players who don't completely wear their hearts on their sleeves.

Elaborate.

Toaster I just misunderstood his post, i thought he say's he should stop investigation (and that would be completely stupid) but after second look i got that he meant opposite ><

Supercharazad As for now it's you for inconsistent play,claiming that you follow plan in the same time,and betting on NK to solve your doubts. NK do not bring that many info if we don't scumhunt day before, right ?

Also Akivara for semi-lurking (it's still weekend after all) and leaving possible RVS prod vote for so long , purposeful town claims and saying that drawing scum attention is bad - how would you attack them without doing so ?

Drawing scum attention, then getting yourself assassinated, is bad. However, it shouldn't stop good play.

You can't attack and scumhunt without drawing attention.

To be honest, my reasons for voting SaintDraze are:

I'm pretty sure he tried to make an OMGUS defense (ooh, is that a real mafia term? It could be a viable strategy)
He randomly insults me (I'm guessing he wants me to make mistakes, and angry people do)
He seems to be subtly trying to get me lynched (See 1, see 2, his random votes on me ect.)

As I said before, I'm fairly certain that he is scum.

He voted for you once, randomly. hardly reason to act like this. explain yourself further.

Yeah, I want to see Super's reasoning in detail myself too. If I'm getting this right, he's not answering me because I don't put question marks at the end of my sentences, which isn't a very good reason.

Super, give me some good reasons as to why you refuse to elaborate on your lynch, or give me the explanation.

Akivara, I'd like to see some more posts from you.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 21, 2011, 02:18:32 pm »

Would you say we have good reasons for the SD lynch?

Yes.

Well, I do anyway.

Elaborate.

The four of you I mentioned aren't completely skillless like SaintDraze and Supercharazad are. I mean no offense by this, it's just the way it is. Since in a Beginner's game I normally have a hard time getting good reads on new players, I'd help myself out by inspecting people the people who are doing much better jobs of not attracting attention.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 21, 2011, 02:25:42 pm »

Elaborate.

The four of you I mentioned aren't completely skillless like SaintDraze and Supercharazad are. I mean no offense by this, it's just the way it is. Since in a Beginner's game I normally have a hard time getting good reads on new players, I'd help myself out by inspecting people the people who are doing much better jobs of not attracting attention.

Arrite fair enough.

Attention from whom?

Qvestians!
SaintDraze: You still there?
Akivara: Poke! Also, what is your account of the current situation?
Japa: I've not seen you write much recently. Who are your scumpicks and why? Who would be SD's partner?
Tyberix: Your fascination with NKs is odd. Explain yourself.
Supercharazard: Answer my questions above. Also, give us your scumpicks and reasoning (besides SD).
Painiac: As scum, what would you do in this situation?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 21, 2011, 02:29:03 pm »

Everybody.

You don't see the whole game focusing on either of you four, do you?

I wouldn't necessarily limit myself to you four for the inspect, or even to the criteria I just made up. I'd do whatever seemed like the best idea at the time.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 21, 2011, 02:32:58 pm »

Also Toaster:You've been lurking. You remember your position here, right? Describe the situation, your scumpicks, and post your reasoning behind each.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 21, 2011, 02:43:12 pm »

Who are your suspects?

Saint and Super are bickering between themselves so much it's hard for me to really judge anybody else, and neither of them really pokes out at me as being the more likely scum. until I can decide between them, UNVOTE

Japa: I've not seen you write much recently. Who are your scumpicks and why? Who would be SD's partner?

As I mentioned above, all I'm really seeing is everybody else asking perfectly reasonable questions and giving perfectly reasonable answers, while Saint and Super duke it out in a pissing match.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 21, 2011, 02:43:41 pm »

Jim,Lordnincompoop : Well,i wouldn't call it fascination,but i feel that asking for NK beforehand is better than WIFoming afterwards,also to be clear i asked about it only twice, that's not that much. Also i still have no idea what question is good one for D1 - we got no solid information at this point so i try catch as many inconsistencies as i can and ask about them, and by accident ( or not  :P) super "plan" was highly dependent on NK so asking about it seemed natural.

Well, not too much activity =  town fail so i hope other post soon  ::)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 21, 2011, 02:45:50 pm »

What do you think of Saint&Super's quarrel? Description of the situation in general?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 21, 2011, 02:47:00 pm »

What do you think of Saint&Super's quarrel? Description of the situation in general?

I highly suspect one of them being scum, but I don't have enough evidence against either to make decision.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 21, 2011, 02:49:27 pm »

I highly suspect one of them being scum, but I don't have enough evidence against either to make decision.

That was for Tyberix but okay

What do you consider evidence?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32