Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Game Over: Be Ashamed. Be Very Ashamed.  (Read 56675 times)

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Day 1: Ominous Words...
« Reply #180 on: February 20, 2011, 09:00:30 am »

You lost interst in Mafia? Excuse for lurking much?

Why did you lose interest?

Because I really don't have the right mindset for it. The most paranoid I ever get is thinking the guy fingering a knife and eyeballing my may not have the best intentions.

That, and I keep telling myself I can go over every post in the thread with a fine tooth comb, in the hope of finding something, anything, that I can question, some other time.

It's just not my type of game.

Why not ask for a replacment then? If you REALLY don't care... Are you scum?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 20, 2011, 09:08:56 am »

I did.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 20, 2011, 09:18:45 am »

The response was "Try harder"

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: [SIGN-UPS: FULL!] Beginner's Mafia XXI
« Reply #183 on: February 20, 2011, 10:46:57 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vote Count
------------------------
lordnincompoop -
SaintDraze - Painiac, Akivara, Jim Groovester, supercharazad, Japa, SaintDraze,
Akivara - Tyberix,
Japa -
Tyberix -
supercharazad - Toaster, lordnincompoop,
Painiac -
Toaster -
Jim Groovester -

Not Voting -

Day Ends Monday 9 PM Central.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 20, 2011, 12:56:37 pm »

Tyberix: Who are your current scumtells?

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 20, 2011, 01:06:21 pm »

Bother, I meant to say "scumpicks", not "scumtells"

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 20, 2011, 01:22:22 pm »

You lost interst in Mafia? Excuse for lurking much?

Why did you lose interest?

Because I really don't have the right mindset for it. The most paranoid I ever get is thinking the guy fingering a knife and eyeballing my may not have the best intentions.

That, and I keep telling myself I can go over every post in the thread with a fine tooth comb, in the hope of finding something, anything, that I can question, some other time.

It's just not my type of game.

Hey, I'm like that. I struggle to even get off my ass to make posts here. :P

Just try, and you'll do fine. First one's always hardest.

How is it a scummy question? It is a perfectly fine thing to ask, I was simply wondering what he would do.
Because it brings only WIFOM and confusion. Nothing to gain.
Also, before this game I had never heard of RVS, so don't call me out as scum for newbyness.
God damn, Jim has explained it in his first post, and he posted AFTER you! You couldn't miss him! You should know it then.
The questions in my first post were simple silly questions, made at 11 o' clock at night, I was tired :/
Yea, they are silly, and there's so many of them. That's the point. You didn't cared about them in first place, that's why these are silly.
Why would I look to vote him without being suspected?

He had made many scummy posts before I voted him.
Well, you wanted to AVOID suspection and eventual pressure. If you are scum, it's easy to understand, you were scared off eventual rebuttal. That's why you come with ambigious arguments. And randomvote thingy.

Explain how it could bring WIFOM.

I obviously did miss it.

They were silly questions, a large number of beginning questions in Mafia are silly and useless.

Why would I want to avoid pressure? I'll win when the town wins, it doesn;t matter if I'm lynched or Nkd.

Most if not all speculation into scum motives leads to WIFOM. Check the FAQ.

Maybe you should make good beginning questions then, and break the mould. Be the better man, ya know?

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 20, 2011, 01:44:20 pm »

Toaster I just misunderstood his post, i thought he say's he should stop investigation (and that would be completely stupid) but after second look i got that he meant opposite ><

Supercharazad As for now it's you for inconsistent play,claiming that you follow plan in the same time,and betting on NK to solve your doubts. NK do not bring that many info if we don't scumhunt day before, right ?

Also Akivara for semi-lurking (it's still weekend after all) and leaving possible RVS prod vote for so long , purposeful town claims and saying that drawing scum attention is bad - how would you attack them without doing so ?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 20, 2011, 01:46:15 pm »

You had asked many questions in your first post. Most of them was, well, unconclusive. That or that. In your second post you didn't comment on any answer for your questions. Even on SaintDraze. It seems like you didn't care about questions and answers. So, it looks you only pretended to do any scumhunt. When everyone piled up on SaintDraze, you didn't look for any clues. You were looking how vote on him while not being suspected. You saw you couldn't do anything, so you could only throw him under bus.

Ehhhhhh, you shouldn't look for scumteams on Day 1. Even if you think SaintDraze and Supercharazad are independently scummy, you do not want to connect the two together. You'll make mistakes the moment you assume you any team, because then you'll ignore other scummy actions that you would otherwise notice in favor of trying to conform everything to the theory you just made up.

Just ignore the potential repercussions of both your targets being on a team and just focus on individuals. Even if it seems like your scum picks should be exclusive to each other, just go with it. You don't need to resolve all contradictions while scumhunting.

The response was "Try harder"

Good. At the very least finish up your first (or second, or whatever) game before swearing off mafia forever.

You owe it to everybody who signed up to try.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 20, 2011, 03:20:10 pm »

Is there a scum IC and a town IC, or are they both always town?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 20, 2011, 03:21:46 pm »

There is no guarantee to either my or Toaster's alignment either way.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 20, 2011, 03:22:41 pm »

Ah. Also, if an IC is scum, is there only one normal player scum to go with them?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 20, 2011, 03:23:28 pm »

There is no guarantee of that either.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 20, 2011, 03:27:47 pm »

There is no guarantee of that either.

So there can be 3 scum players if an IC is scum?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 20, 2011, 03:30:26 pm »

There are only two scum.

But everybody's alignment is randomly distributed. It is completely possible that both ICs are scum. It also possible only one of us is, and it's possible that neither of us are.

Don't draw any conclusions.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32