Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Game Over: Be Ashamed. Be Very Ashamed.  (Read 56785 times)

Akivara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Day 1: Ominous Words...
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2011, 12:28:02 am »

Akivara Do you think posting your thoughts on nightkill reason is bad or good idea ? ( on D2 i mean)

Bad idea.  There's several reasons to NK someone, and trying to guess which one will just lead to confusion.

And how are you planning on doing that? Do you know how to pressure? If so, why are you not doing it?

I'd rather not draw scum attention (that is, the attention of the scum) too much this early on.  But if you think I can do a better job pressuring, do you have any advice?

Anyway, I'm going to go read through what I missed and see what I can find.

Why not? As town, our job is to hunt, not to survive. If we die, will simply win with the rest.

I believe I answered this already.

Akivara Do you think posting your thoughts on nightkill reason is bad or good idea ? ( on D2 i mean)

It's not necessarily scummy to talk about them but it's completely useless. Since it's nearly impossible to know what the scum were thinking when they chose the target, there's nothing to learn by trying to guess the motives behind it.

Tracking down scum through the nightkill is a quick town loss.

Why would you answer a question directed to me, Jim?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2011, 12:32:32 am »

I gave my expert opinion on a common pitfall for new players before it came up.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Painiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2011, 06:25:50 am »

You are pretty much piggyriding on Jim arguments now. And try to defend SaintDraze here, saying that he is simply acting newbishly, not like scum. While SaintDraze had done extra-scum thing - giving up and saying to replace him. Townie would defend himself, and tried to prove his aligment, by scumhunting for example. It looks like you are trying to defend your scumbuddy.
And you're also piggybacking on my arguments. The only reason you bothered Japa is because I did.

Not really. I would bother him about this anyway without your suggestion. I was simply second person to post this after you, I see Tyberix also asked him before me. So it means I piggyraided on the same argument when I was simply late to post? Not really, again.

lordnincompoop: If you would be cop, would you roleclaim? If yes, in which circumstances?

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2011, 09:52:44 am »

Alright I yam up naow...
Saw the saddest movie ever and couldn't play mafia that Night...(It was Pixars UP)

Still see that I am going to be lynched... -_-

Might as well state my scumpicks...
Supercharazad, Who began the day reserved and cautious, And then became drastically "Excited" because I asked him about it...

He Is probably just trying to be better and I am ruining for him, or a newb that is Satisfied with being scum who ,When accused of being scum because of it, Became A tolerable degree of "Excited" to make it look like he is playing town by playing the way he usually is...

Unvote Painiac
Supercharazad
Oh hey I found out how to use color format on the mac! =D

Btw, Shouldn't I have been lynched by Now? almost ever single vote is on me Except japa toaster and myself.

Japa and toaster Know that I am town even though I am being really scummy...
That's kinda suspicious... :\
Toaster& Japa
Kindly state, Or restate if you already said your reason, why you decided not to vote me?
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods

Painiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 18, 2011, 11:31:47 am »

Well, if this game would have hammer type of voting, then yes. But in our case, it is time limit - Monday 9 PM, if I'm not mistaken. We can eventually shorten that, but I don't see why we should.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2011, 11:34:46 am »

There are no hammers in BM.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2011, 11:48:36 am »

mainly because many of us are still new at this whole finding faults with people and questioning them, and need practice.

Japa:  Why are you not voting?  Who do you suspect?

I am still unsure of who to vote for, and want to make sure I know my reasons before I do.

Painiac, why are you asking to shorten the day? do you know something about Saint that we don't?

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2011, 11:53:38 am »

I vote for shorten because I'm getting bored of waiting for something to happen, and some others seem to be thinking about it too.

Jim: Ah, alright, waiting to vote seems scummy, I'll remember that. My argument to vote SaintDraze is that almost everything he does seems scummy to me, I may be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that he is scum. (Example, voting me so as I couldn't vote him without an OMGUS accusation)

SaintDraze: How the hell is UP sad? (well, the start is pretty sad, I guess)

Japa: As Jim said, waiting to vote seems scummy, why not vote whoever you deem most suspucious at the time? Or is that person SaintDraze, and you are afraid of being accuesed of bandwagoning?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2011, 11:59:49 am »

Ech, I may as well.

SaintDraze is either scum, or a terrible townie. either way, I'm voting for him. I don't think it's necessary to repeat the reason's that everybody else has given.

Painiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2011, 12:02:47 pm »

Painiac, why are you asking to shorten the day? do you know something about Saint that we don't?

No, not really. It was rather bait. If Jim would say we should shorten a day, it would be somewhat scummy and suspicious. Well, it was obvious, but it never hurts to try. And Jim provided some useful information instead, so it was win-win question to ask. If you ask me, I'm thinking about extending instead.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2011, 12:08:03 pm »

Ech, I may as well.

SaintDraze is either scum, or a terrible townie. either way, I'm voting for him. I don't think it's necessary to repeat the reason's that everybody else has given.

Actually, it is neccessary to show that it isn't just a bandwagon...

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2011, 12:16:54 pm »

Japa Voting without reason is never good and clearly saying that you just jump on bandwagon is even worse. You say you are unsure who to vote,when then vote SaintDraze without asking any qeustions ? Overall D1 should be teeming with them and that kind of approach degrades it to nearly lynch random people without question... How you want to find out who is scum without it ? Or that's not important to you ? Also you mean you will ask for shorten ?

Painiac You would want to see hammer vote lynch in this game ? Why ?

Supercharazad Asking for shorten only because you're bored is asking for problem. And do not wait for something to happen,just make it happen..  Also why you say that when somebody votes you, your vote will be an OMGUS one ?

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2011, 12:21:37 pm »

Japa Voting without reason is never good and clearly saying that you just jump on bandwagon is even worse. You say you are unsure who to vote,when then vote SaintDraze without asking any qeustions ? Overall D1 should be teeming with them and that kind of approach degrades it to nearly lynch random people without question... How you want to find out who is scum without it ? Or that's not important to you ? Also you mean you will ask for shorten ?

Supercharazad Asking for shorten only because you're bored is asking for problem. And do not wait for something to happen,just make it happen..  Also why you say that when somebody votes you, your vote will be an OMGUS one ?

Because, if you vote some right after they vote you, it looks like an OMGUS, even when it isn't. Another reason I asked for shorten is because 72 hours seems a bit long for a single day.

Painiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2011, 12:27:12 pm »

I never stated I want hammer vote lynch. Yes, I am pretty sure SaintDraze is scum, and lynching him already would speed up the game. But, it never hurts to scumhunt more for second scum. And, other townies are also scumhunting, so stopping them would be untowny thing to do. Yea, it is boring as hell, but we want to practice scumhunting techniques and everything.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2011, 12:29:44 pm »

I will not ask to shorten the day, and I have nothing really to say regarding the fact that while I have no idea who to vote for, SaintDraze  seems the most likeley.

To be perfectly honest, I wasn't sure about joining this game in the first place, mainly because I'm terrible at judging people and tend to trust people unless they're acting ridiculously obvious. now that I've played for a bit, it seems I was right on my initial assessment. I can't be careful about my votes, cus waiting and not voting is a scummy action that only helps the mafia, I can't vote for the person who's acting, if not suspicious, at least very stupid, because that's bandwagoning, and everybody else has already explained in intricate detail what he's been doing that's suspicious, so any reasons I do give will be piggybacking on somebody else's, and I can't find faults with people's posts enough to interrogate them because I'm not that kind of person, so I guess I can either get replaced with the next person in line, or get voted out, cus I can't figure out a way I can play this game.

also, 72 hours is a fine day length, because some of us have jobs and can't spend all day on a forum investigating.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 32