Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 32

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Game Over: Be Ashamed. Be Very Ashamed.  (Read 56774 times)

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Day 1: Ominous Words...
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2011, 12:07:46 pm »

It's RVS

And yes I may have been provoking you but It was more of a test then a taunt...
The past two games you were in were more then "excitement" super, It was being a bad player.
This is such a drastic change that I think you are satisfied with whatever role you got...
And you just want to let everyone question each other and only answer questions posed to you...
[color,Red]Supercharazad[/color]

Now I think your scum...
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods

Painiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2011, 12:09:21 pm »

No It's not blackmail -_-...
If I am town and I get lynched the one most supportive of my lynching is usually the next person questioned right?
well the I think out of all you voting me the most eager of all of you is painiac...

So, you threatening me now? If you will turn up townie, I will be persecuted? While you are maybe true, it is weird thing to said to townie. My survival is not my main target, I'm winning with team anyway. Yea, it would be bad to waste lynch over me, so I would bite and scumhunt with all my might. But survival isn't my main target. Yet, if you are scum, I can understand why survival is important to you.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2011, 12:14:44 pm »

It's RVS

The past two games you were in were more then "excitement" super, It was being a bad player.
This is such a drastic change that I think you are satisfied with whatever role you got...
And you just want to let everyone question each other and only answer questions posed to you...

Now I think your scum...

Ah, I see. From what I can tell easily from your actions:

You want me lynched (RV on first post, attempting to create an OMGUS situation)
You are scum (General scummyness, I think everyone knows what I'm talking about)
You were excited when you did not see me vote you (Realised you made a mistake, thought you were off the hook)

I had doubts, but now they have fallen away and died, for these reasons, I am sorry to say:

Vote: SaintDraze

I will not stop until you are lynched, You have confirmed yourself as scum in my eyes.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2011, 12:47:12 pm »

It's RVS

Now I think your scum...

You are scum (General scummyness, I think everyone knows what I'm talking about)
You were excited when you did not see me vote you (Realised you made a mistake, thought you were off the hook)

I had doubts, but now they have fallen away and died, for these reasons, I am sorry to say:

I will not stop until you are lynched, You have confirmed yourself as scum in my eyes.

Maybe it will look like SaintDraze defense but this post is full of scummtells..
1.RV on first post is nothing serious
2.Very clear,and adding seriousness to your assault ? It's opposite - clear OMGUS.
3.WIFOMy speculations ?
4.Sorry to attack someone who you find scum ?
5.Nothing will change this ? That's tunnel vision if not scummy.
6.Confirmed is bad wording for that

So Supercharazad please rephrase that if you can.

SaintDraze What's the reason you vote him besides his actions in OTHER games ?

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2011, 12:58:14 pm »

No, I am not threatening you, I'm sure you could take the pressure By shifting blame to another townie...
::)

Calm down. Think clearly.
Don't want anyone spazzing out now do we?

And super, please don't spazz out...
>,.<
Tyberix, Thats pretty much my only reason...
It's not a good reason then?

Painiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 17, 2011, 01:09:48 pm »

Ok, this is weird. You suggest I should accuse someone other without real base? Hell, you even say there ,,townie" instead ,,suspected" or something like that. It's like you don't care which person will be accused, which is scummy.

And you again think in scum way. Someone other pressuring me in scumhunt is something normal. We have to deal with it, because that someone simply try to scumhunt on us. We have to respect their tries and answer honestly. Yet I can understand why you are feeling uncomfortable if you are really scum.

And no. If he is newbie in other games, it is not valid argument. We want to hunt scums, not newbies.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 17, 2011, 01:12:11 pm »

Your first two points do not hold water.

1.  Random Vote Stage.  There is no problem with voting people on your first post to get their attention.  Calling it scummy is not a good plan.  For example, why are you not calling out everyone else who voted on their first post?

2.  You can't just say "Isn't it obvious?"  You need to back up your statement with reasons and preferably links/quotes.  It doesn't matter if everyone else has said it- we want to hear it from you.

Finally, I'd like you to explain your first point more- I don't really understand it.

[Also, be very careful when bringing up other games.  Specifically, if it's a game that is not over, don't talk about it outside of the relevant thread.  It's poor form, and often against the rules of said game.]
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2011, 01:17:00 pm »

It's RVS

Now I think your scum...

Maybe it will look like SaintDraze defense but this post is full of scummtells..
1.RV on first post is nothing serious
2.Very clear,and adding seriousness to your assault ? It's opposite - clear OMGUS.
3.WIFOMy speculations ?
4.Sorry to attack someone who you find scum ?
5.Nothing will change this ? That's tunnel vision if not scummy.
6.Confirmed is bad wording for that

So Supercharazad please rephrase that if you can.

SaintDraze What's the reason you vote him besides his actions in OTHER games ?

RV on first post is annoying though, especially with no reason, where did FoS go?

Clear OMGUS? That's exactly why I voted him. Because he seemed to be voting me so as I could not vote him without making an OMGUS, except I didn't vote him just because he voted me, I voted him for many reasons.

WIOFMey speculations? They are not intended to be, that is simply what I can see from his posts.

I'm not "sorry to attack him", the I'm sorry bit is sort of an "I didn;t want to do this, but...", because I didn't want to vote him, because I wasn't totally convinced he was scum.

How is it scummy? It's what every source so far has told me to do, push and make sure they think you won't stop until they are lynched.

I said, "confirmed scum in my eyes", saying that I know he is scum, and very little can change that.

Saintdraze, that was not a good reason, in fact, it is a pretty stupid reason. You want me to get angry and annoyed at you, therefore making mistakes, so you cram insults into your posts, all directed at me. It isn't working :/
I'm not spazzing out, in fact, I voted you for multile perfectly reasonable reasons. It is you who tends to "spazz out" and get VERY defensive whenever you are called scum, which is rather scummy.

SaintDraze: What reasons did you have to vote me, other than just trying to get at me from past games?

Toaster:To explain my first point a bit more, let's look at his vote on me just there now. He voted for no reason, voting is not for prodding, that's why there is an FoS. He seems to know I was going to vote him, so he voted me to make my vote seem like an OMGUS, when I had perfectly valid reasons to vote him, whereas his reasons are invalid.

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2011, 01:25:04 pm »

Super I haven't insulted you...

chill out.

I already town tyberix the answer to that question...
I only voted you only because of the past games you were in...
other than that its pretty much a random vote...

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 17, 2011, 02:02:23 pm »

chill out.

"Supernoob"
"don't spazz out"
"ultranoob"

All things you have said about me, with intent to anger me.

Random votes are NOT a good thing, it's actually very scummy, as scum won't want to do a proper scumhunt, instead, they'll fling excuses, insults and in the case of the smart ones, try to hide it.

My vote stands.

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2011, 02:10:54 pm »

chill out.

"Don't Spazz out"
"Supernoob"
"ultranoob"

All things you have said about me, with intent to anger me.

But supernoob fit's your name so well! :3
"Don't spazz out" was a request, Because Spazzing out will not get anything done...
And I am sorry for calling you an ultra noob...

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2011, 02:19:48 pm »

Right, this is becming mindless bullshit now, it's time to do some scumhunting!

Something to get people talking... AH!

Tyberix: Who are your current scumpicks?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2011, 09:41:51 pm »

Supercharazad, I have no idea what you're talking about. Walk me through your argument of why you suspect SaintDraze.

Why did you take so long to vote him? The moment you thought he was scum was the moment you should've voted him. Any waiting on your part is scummy,

Akivara Do you think posting your thoughts on nightkill reason is bad or good idea ? ( on D2 i mean)

It's not necessarily scummy to talk about them but it's completely useless. Since it's nearly impossible to know what the scum were thinking when they chose the target, there's nothing to learn by trying to guess the motives behind it.

Tracking down scum through the nightkill is a quick town loss.

[Early on, it's easy to lose your initial suspicion and be at a loss as to who to attack.  The easy choice here is to just take a "wait and see" approach and see what comes out, but that's not the best option- it leads to stagnation.  The better plan is to continue asking questions.  If you have even a slight question mark next to someone, get them talking!  It's the best way to confirm or clear your suspicion of them.]

I'll just echo this for emphasis.

Ask about everything. Even if something looks odd and not necessarily suspicious, ask about it. You might catch scum for it.

You are pretty much piggyriding on Jim arguments now. And try to defend SaintDraze here, saying that he is simply acting newbishly, not like scum. While SaintDraze had done extra-scum thing - giving up and saying to replace him. Townie would defend himself, and tried to prove his aligment, by scumhunting for example. It looks like you are trying to defend your scumbuddy.

And you're also piggybacking on my arguments. The only reason you bothered Japa is because I did.

Yes, I am going to teach you how to play, and also criticize you for it. You should take the substance of my argument to heart, but not the target of it.

In this case, you think Japa is scummy because of how he quickly voted and withdrew. Does his explanations satisfy you? That's the question you need to ask after you get an answer. I won't tell you whether they satisfy me, because I'm afraid you'll just agree with me without question.

And then reading on, apparently you are satisfied with them. No problems here, then.

Jim Groovester: what do you think about day shortening?

If there's good discussion going on there's no reason to shorten the day. Shortens are almost exclusively used when there is a clear, definitive scum candidate who can do nothing to save himself.

Right now, a shorten would be inappropriate.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: [SIGN-UPS: FULL!] Beginner's Mafia XXI
« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2011, 10:05:45 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
lordnincompoop -
SaintDraze - Tyberix, lordnincompoop, Painiac, Akivara, Jim Groovester, supercharazad,
Akivara -
Japa -
Tyberix -
supercharazad - Toaster,
Painiac - SaintDraze,
Toaster -
Jim Groovester -

Not Voting - Japa,

Day Ends Monday 9 PM Central.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2011, 10:58:28 pm »

Supercharazard:
Toaster:To explain my first point a bit more, let's look at his vote on me just there now. He voted for no reason, voting is not for prodding, that's why there is an FoS. He seems to know I was going to vote him, so he voted me to make my vote seem like an OMGUS, when I had perfectly valid reasons to vote him, whereas his reasons are invalid.

Most people disagree with that- the first votes are attached to questions to get the game started.  It's just standard procedure here at B12.  You don't have to vote someone, but you can't get mad at someone doing it to you- it's just how it's played here.

Given that, if he hadn't voted you and just asked you a question, do you think you would be voting him now?  If not him, then who?

Japa:  Why are you not voting?  Who do you suspect?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 32