Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Game Over: Be Ashamed. Be Very Ashamed.  (Read 56668 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Day 1: Ominous Words...
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2011, 06:05:29 pm »

SaintDraze: Keep any personal beefs you have with other players out of the game.

Also, you haven't answered Supercharazad's question directed at you.

That's something you need to do. You always need to answer any questions posed to you.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2011, 06:09:09 pm »

I'm sleepy and it is late, so I'll not be on for some time after this:

lordnincompoop - How many other Mafia games have you played?
SaintDraze - Why did you vote me before the game even began? Are you looking to lynch a townie? Are you scum?
Akivara - Dragon or Wyvren
Japa - Minecraft or DF?
Tyberix - PC or Console?
Painiac - Have you learned from our Kingmaker experience?
Toaster - Cake or Pie?
Jim Groovester - Shoe or Sock?

Most of these are silly, I'm tired now, good night all, except scum, in which case, I hope you have a sleepless night of sadness and pain :D

Uh,i got both. This is only acceptable because you said you go to sleep ( i need to go too :P),otherwise i would vote you for slowing down and breaking the RVS with this. Even one with obvious answer, but at least a bit mafia-oriented question would be more suitable here...

Akivara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2011, 06:11:43 pm »

Akivara - Dragon or Wyvren

I like both, but if I had to pick I'd pick dragon, they have more variety and are usually more intelligent.

/rolls 1d8

lordnincompoop:  Under what circumstances would you bus your scumpartner?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2011, 06:17:59 pm »

lordnincompoop - How many other Mafia games have you played?

I don't actually know. Never kept count, but what I can tell you is that they are few and I fouled most of them up, which is why I'm here and not out there (well, mostly).

SaintDraze - Who would be your favoured scumpartner? Why are you switching votes so quickly? Do you not want to pressure?
Akivara - How do you feel about this game? Are you confident?
Japa - How do you think you will do at this game? How do you plan on scumhunting today?
Tyberix - Do you enjoy Mafia? How active are you planning on being?
supercharazad - In the last game, you were lynched D1. Have you learned from this? How do you plan on behaving?
Painiac - How many games have you played? Do you believe yourself to be a good scumhunter?
Toaster - How will you be playing this game? How will the game change, now that we have playing ICs?
Jim Groovester - What are your expectations for this round of Beginners' Mafia? As an IC, how do you think you will impact this game?

lordnincompoop:  Under what circumstances would you bus your scumpartner?

Ohai. I would bus my scumpartner if I find it would put me in a very favourable situation, such as when my credibility is at stake, or when I can no longer bear to keep my scumpartner afloat for whatever reason.

Akivara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2011, 06:23:13 pm »

Oh, right.  Normally asking useless questions would get my FoS, Supercharazad, we're not going to find scum without some pressure.  But since you said you were going to bed, I'll let it slide for now.  I expect scumhunting when you get back, young man/woman/thing that might actually be older than me, I don't know.

Akivara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2011, 06:24:49 pm »

It's too early to tell.  I'm having fun so far, and I hope to find me some scum.

Painiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2011, 06:27:40 pm »

Burp. Ooga.

Akivara, would you want to be scum, or townie?

lordnincompoop: Well, let's count. Four. Oh lol. I had MG-ed more of them than played. And that's why I want to learn. To make my games even more awesome. Well, I had practically hunted down scums by myself in one of these mafia's, so when I'm not stupid buffon I can actually think.

Tyberix: well, we have to fight and scumhunt to avoid it. It's practically the worst scenario for us. Well, fighting with knife on your neck is kind of challenging and interesting, but we have to do our homework to avoid it.

Supercharazad: I will stop myself, make more objective outlooks on the game, to not get tunel-vision, and learn. Simply shut up and learn. I am here mainly for experience anyway. And Capslock goes to trash. Goodbye.

SaintDraze: well, I'm getting this vibe you are some sort of buddies, so it's natural, then. Something with Kingmaker? Well, you maybe want to check if he had learned anything from there.

SaintDraze: How many beginner mafia's you had played?

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2011, 06:32:04 pm »

Its not a personal thing at all... Super just always happens to spazz out whenever someone votes him, Seeing that it wasn't really that bad I take it that he is either cautious because he might be scum, or He might be learning...

That was your answer, Super, btw...

Doing the same for Painiac because He panic'd before he got replaced...

And Thats what I meant by "Poking the Bear"
Because noobs spazzing out are never good for town...
Only good for mafia.

sillyness Is a good thing to have at the start of the game ,as It is good for cutting tension and makes sure everyone knows this is being played between friends...

And Jim, are you saying that Japa is a cop? that question wasn't really phrased right...
Did supercharazad, painiac, and me provoke you in becoming An IC in Bm?
Tyberix
To answer your question,
Ogg Uoog, maybe yes, I would like to see some defensivness, or someone asking what scumtells I would want to see so as to know Which ones to specifically avoid,As for bandwagons I would try to do what painiac did In king maker 4, Only, you know, Good? (he tried to deflect attention onto another person who did not have much experiance...) as for the double vote, Its just two votes, it won't be a problem unless it snowballs...

LordNinCompoop
Well My favorite kind of scum partner is one who generally stays quite Until something needs to be said... which would complement me because I Rather post alot...
I am switching votes quickly to see if I can provoke super into pulling a stupid and spazzing out...And I am rather happily surprised that he didn't.
I only pressure when I have 3 strikes on someone...
Now a question for you,
Suppose super will noob spazz later in this day, and trust me his noobness is a sight to behold, will you be willing to lynch him even if you are not entirely sure he is scum?

Painiac-One, You?
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods

Akivara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2011, 06:36:01 pm »

Akivara, would you want to be scum, or townie?
Townie, which I thankfully am.  If I'm townie my first game, I know what I act like as a townie, and can mimic that in future games if I am scum.  Scum is tempting, because it's nice to know for sure and they usually win beginner games, but then I'd have to make an educated guess as to acting like a townie, and might slip up.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2011, 06:39:06 pm »

You do realise you've only got one vote, right?

Also, MG? Eh?

It's too early to tell.  I'm having fun so far, and I hope to find me some scum.

And how are you planning on doing that? Do you know how to pressure? If so, why are you not doing it?

lordnincompoop: Well, let's count. Four. Oh lol. I had MG-ed more of them than played. And that's why I want to learn. To make my games even more awesome. Well, I had practically hunted down scums by myself in one of these mafia's, so when I'm not stupid buffon I can actually think.

Ah. Do you feel that you are inexperienced enough for this game? Do you plan on showing any of these skills you have soon? How do you usually play Mafia?

LordNinCompoop
Well My favorite kind of scum partner is one who generally stays quite Until something needs to be said... which would complement me because I Rather post alot...
I am switching votes quickly to see if I can provoke super into pulling a stupid and spazzing out...And I am rather happily surprised that he didn't.
I only pressure when I have 3 strikes on someone...
Now a question for you,
Suppose super will noob spazz later in this day, and trust me his noobness is a sight to behold, will you be willing to lynch him even if you are not entirely sure he is scum?

I've seen him spazz. We were in the same game, remember? XX? The one still going?

I vote to lynch the best candidate I can find after a good amount of pressure and all that.

In this game, you are never entirely sure. you go with what the person that seems scummiest. If he is that person, then I will vote for him.

And Jim, are you saying that Japa is a cop? that question wasn't really phrased right...

Blatant rolefishing, this early in the game? What?

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2011, 06:39:33 pm »

Mafia is probably only forum game thats equally enjoyable as it's RL counterpart. Sometimes it's even better since you probably don't know other's quirks and behavior very well, and guessing them is the best part of it ;p As for activeness it probably be better than previous BM's , i have most exams past me for now so !FREE TIME YAY!

Fakeedit:
Tyberix: well, we have to fight and scumhunt to avoid it. It's practically the worst scenario for us. Well, fighting with knife on your neck is kind of challenging and interesting, but we have to do our homework to avoid it.
So you're suggesting we shouldn't be aggressive in scumhunt ?

Fakeedit2 (that's annoying):
SaintDraze How stating what you find suspicious could be suspicious,that's the principle of scumhunt? Also i understand that two votes snowballing would be a problem because you're scum ?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2011, 06:42:06 pm »

Mafia is probably only forum game thats equally enjoyable as it's RL counterpart. Sometimes it's even better since you probably don't know other's quirks and behavior very well, and guessing them is the best part of it ;p As for activeness it probably be better than previous BM's , i have most exams past me for now so !FREE TIME YAY!

How many times have you played scum? What have you learned from those games?

If we were to find ourselves in a LYLO/MYLO situation, how would you handle that?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2011, 06:43:43 pm »

Jim Groovester - What are your expectations for this round of Beginners' Mafia? As an IC, how do you think you will impact this game?

I don't have any expectations. I usually don't whenever I enter a new game of mafia. I expect I will have lots of opportunity to impart my knowledge and wisdom. I don't expect a town win, if only because I don't know if there's ever been a town win for a Beginner's Mafia, and I'm going to have trouble reading new players. Fortunately that's not an issue I'm concerned with.

As an IC I expect people will suspect me just because of my experience. This is partly why I opened with in big bold letters telling people to listen to what I tell them.

Akivara

. . .

SaintDraze:

You may only vote one person at a time.

sillyness Is a good thing to have at the start of the game ,as It is good for cutting tension and makes sure everyone knows this is being played between friends...

Listen to what I tell you.

Silly questions are useless.

Yes, it's a hypothetical question.

And yes, you did.

Why are you switching your vote around to see if Supercharazad is going to spazz out? How is that going to help you find scum? Why are you asking lordnincompoop if he'd be willing to lynch a spazzy Supercharazad even if he's sure he's not scum? Because that's a scummy question on your part.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2011, 06:46:01 pm »

I've seen him spazz. We were in the same game, remember? XX? The one still going?

Do you know why I Voted supercharazad in the beginning?
It had something to do with the game that you got replaced out of...

Dudes! NO TALKING ABOUT ONGOING GAMES outside the thread! That's severely uncool.

(Also, dudes not playing shouldn't post, but I've seen this tendency lately, so I had to speak up. I'll shut up now. And Listen to Jim!)
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2011, 06:53:32 pm »

Yes, it's a hypothetical question.

And yes, you did.

Why are you switching your vote around to see if Supercharazad is going to spazz out? How is that going to help you find scum? Why are you asking lordnincompoop if he'd be willing to lynch a spazzy Supercharazad even if he's sure he's not scum? Because that's a scummy question on your part.

How is it a scummy question, Jim?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32