Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Game Over: Be Ashamed. Be Very Ashamed.  (Read 56607 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Day 2: Lordskullkersmashed
« Reply #375 on: March 06, 2011, 09:08:28 pm »

Sorry for the delay.

Anyway, after that, SaintDraze doesn't post for the rest of D1.  He's either given up or trying to blow off steam, since he sees Super is starting to take some heat at that point. 

At the start of D2, he opens up with this ultra-passive post:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77394.msg2027770#msg2027770

When pressed, he brings up the same points with no reasoning. 

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77394.msg2030320#msg2030320
This is just bad- failing to provide reasoning, and apologizing for a lynch.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77394.msg2030537#msg2030537
Finally with the same lame reasons, coupled with defensiveness.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77394.msg2030748#msg2030748
More weak-to-no reasoning.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77394.msg2040691#msg2040691
Here's a good one- FoSing LNCP after he replaces before he does anything.  He's currently voting no one.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77394.msg2043971#msg2043971
Says he has no suspicion of LNCP after FoSing him.

Finally, he's still not voting.

If I can look at nearly every post he makes and find something scummy about it, I'm pretty sure he's scum.

Tyberix I'm less sure of now.  He was open with his suspicions on D2, and I'm unsure now whether his lack of intro vote was an attempt to see where the wagon would lead or honest uncertainly.  I'll give him a more thorough read D3.

LNCP:  Re your question:  D2 is a bit lurky, but I've got one good suspect and a couple people to watch.  Tyberix is in need of scrutiny.  Painiac has said some questionable things, and has said nothing lately.  Ottofar I always read as scummy (every game, ever.  It's just him), but he's backed up his vote with reasons for once.  Japa was odd, but apparently it was genuine disinterest, so my read on you is currently low.  I haven't seen any scum tells out of Jim.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Night 1: Supercharainnocent, Am I Right?
« Reply #376 on: March 06, 2011, 10:34:15 pm »

Someone began whispering and those whisper echoed throughout the cave holes. They were clutching their pointy-sticks and staring each other down with words like "ooga" and "ooga ooga." Some had even come up with new fancy combination words like "oogooga," which would have been caused many a lady to faint, had they been present.

So, when the eyes began looking at SaintDraze, his bloodthirsty eyes thirsting for blood, he naturally began the name-calling and finger-pointing. His "oogas" exceeded a barrier far beyond indecency or even coherency.

Luckily, they had decided to use his pelt as a furnishing for the cave, which made his death completely justifiable. In fact, it looked so good that wondered what had taken them so long.

In this moment of group-bonding, it seems that they had a revelation of understanding. SaintDraze could never had been the guy who trapped them in here: He's blind and therefore was never even allowed to come hunting anyway!

It all makes so much sense. And if you say otherwise, this pointy-stick is going somewhere where you wouldn't want it.

Your brain.

By the way, it's mandatory union break time.

Vote Count
------------------------
SaintDraze - Painiac, Tyberix, Ottofar, Jim Groovester, Toaster,
Ottofar -
lordnincompoop -
Tyberix - lordnincompoop,
Painiac -
Toaster -
Jim Groovester -

Not Voting - SaintDraze,

Day Ends Friday 9 PM Central.

SaintDraze has been lynched.

SaintDraze was a Townie (town).

It is now Night.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Night 2: SaintDrazed And Confused.
« Reply #377 on: March 08, 2011, 08:17:54 am »

Returning from your break, you find that Jim Groovester hasn't returned. He's not usually incredibly lazy like this.

"Ooga?" someone asks. You all decide to look.

Ah, no wonder he was taking so long. He was busy hiding under this boulder, that lazy bum. It's too bad the boulder was several tons and that the majority of his body has been pressed into a thin sheet. He even took the time to write "Ooga ooga oog!" on the boulder in his own blood.

You have to admit, he's got style. Too bad he was only 50 points away from that extra life.

You get back to whatever it was that you were doing before you stopped doing it. It being the thing you were doing. Before you went on break.

Jim Groovester has been killed!

Jim Groovester was a Townie (town).

Vote Count
------------------------
Ottofar -
lordnincompoop -
Tyberix -
Painiac -
Toaster -

Not Voting - Painiac, Tyberix, Ottofar, Toaster, lordnincompoop,

Day Ends Friday 9 PM Central.

It is now Day.

By the way, this is lylo, meaning that if you do not lynch a member of the Mafia, Town will lose.

SaintDraze

• Bay Watcher
  • "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Day 3: Jim Groovester Is Out Of Sync
« Reply #378 on: March 08, 2011, 09:45:13 am »

my bah[/b]d entirely....

Sorry town
Draze McNoble Demands bacon flavored bacon...Made of bacon.

He puts an embargo on all waffle based goods

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 08, 2011, 11:58:14 am »

All right, kids, welcome to LYLO.  This is the time to be completely honest and up front about everything.  Even though there are no hammers here, you still need to think before you vote.  We're out of extra chances- it's game over if scum doesn't hang today.

First up- if you're a cop, it's time to claim now.  Tell us who you investigated N1 and N2 and the results, even if you got town.  That will at least give us some information.

Next, everyone needs to come out with their suspicion lists.  Here's mine:

Tyberix:  Are you ready to take a firm stand today?  Your D2 can be summed up in one word: noncommittal.

I agree that i'm indecisive and looking for target to attack - but that's not making me scum, how would i scumhunt without it, especially that i haven't got clear suspect at this point ? Waiting and watching is worse than attacking in my opinion.

This statement is fairly incriminating, now that I study it.  You're combining excuses, defensiveness, and indecisiveness in one big scummy bundle.

As far as other points go, here's what I got from a reread:

Your D1 starts off well enough, until we get to here.  This attack on Super bothered me the first time I read it, and it still bugs me now.  You back off it quickly, claiming misunderstanding, which I believe may be true.  However, there's one point that's easy to miss there- you were voting SaintDraze, but you didn't go back to him.  In fact, it was several posts of yours later before you even mention him again.  Why?  What changed in that short interval to make Saint no longer voteworthy? 

My theory is you saw a chance to get off the bandwagon and took it.

For the rest of the day and D2, you're noncommittal with your vote, and are afraid to take a stand on any issue.  I'm calling you out now- who is scum?  Why?

Painiac:  Way too quiet these past few days.  Since you haven't posted anywhere in several days, I'd normally assume you had just quit.  However, let's look at your last post.

Painiac:  You mentioned earlier you would do some questioning to get a better read on Ottofar.  Why haven't you done so?
Uhh, I am being lazy prick. I am pretty sure of my scumpicks, so I don't bother to do anything besides observing if anybody does some weird things. I am losing quickly my interest when I'm getting easy win. With scums openly telling what they are... Meh.

This, in the context of today, is horrible.  The only reason I could see you having that sentiment is if you know a mislynch is coming without your help, and you decide to go screw off instead of post here.

I want more from you.  Your "easy win" isn't coming if you're town.  Tell us who you suspect now.

In fact, Web, could you please Prod Painiac?  He might even need a reminder.

Ottofar:  You're known for acting without giving your reasons.  It's the main reason I always read you as scummy.  You've done better this game than others, but I definitely want reasons here at LYLO.

LNCP:  Is Tyberix still your #1 pick?  Who is your #2 pick?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Day 1: Ominous Words...
« Reply #380 on: March 08, 2011, 01:30:09 pm »

LYLO it is then. Do every game where SaintDraze is lynched  he flips town ?

My Prime Suspect right now: Painiac
Spoiler: Painiac (click to show/hide)

Toaster  About D1 supercharazad vote : i think i haven't voted SaintDraze there, but anyway most of previous and super vote were rather just pressure ones than possible scum type.

Ottofar: What's your opinion on Toaster D2 play ?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 08, 2011, 02:02:15 pm »

Tyberix ... firm stand

That would be quite the event, wouldn't it?

Tyberix, do you have nothing to say about my arguments?

I agree that i'm indecisive and looking for target to attack - but that's not making me scum, how would i scumhunt without it, especially that i haven't got clear suspect at this point ? Waiting and watching is worse than attacking in my opinion.

This statement is fairly incriminating, now that I study it.  You're combining excuses, defensiveness, and indecisiveness in one big scummy bundle.

As far as other points go, here's what I got from a reread:

Your D1 starts off well enough, until we get to here.  This attack on Super bothered me the first time I read it, and it still bugs me now.  You back off it quickly, claiming misunderstanding, which I believe may be true.  However, there's one point that's easy to miss there- you were voting SaintDraze, but you didn't go back to him.  In fact, it was several posts of yours later before you even mention him again.  Why?  What changed in that short interval to make Saint no longer voteworthy? 

My theory is you saw a chance to get off the bandwagon and took it.

For the rest of the day and D2, you're noncommittal with your vote, and are afraid to take a stand on any issue.  I'm calling you out now- who is scum?  Why?

LNCP:  Is Tyberix still your #1 pick?  Who is your #2 pick?

Tyberix is still by #1 scumpick, yes. I'm seeing if I can muster a second volley. My second was St.D, but seeing as he's dead it's not exactly a valid target.

Regarding other picks, I'm feeling up Painiac and Ottofar for having legendary levels of lurkiness, though Ottofar at least participated D2.

You're being rather indecisive too, Toaster. Who are you voting for, this is LYLO after all, and action is important.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 08, 2011, 02:03:34 pm »

Oh, sure, kill the guy teaching you how to play.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 08, 2011, 03:18:27 pm »

Commitment is something you're expected to have when scumhunting. You scumhunt by investigating people.

You've had plenty of time to investigate people and it's well into D2 now, so if you don't have clear suspect by now you only have yourself to blame, and is a sure sign that something is wrong. This is sad truth :|

Waiting and watching is what you do, so don't pull that crap on me. You lurk and faff about with your votes, struggling to maintain your town persona. You boarded the St.D bandwagon with seemingly little original thought, only making occasional token "investigation" on a player that was already doomed, so that your strategy wouldn't be glaringly obvious. No matter if you board it a little early; in fact, it would have made a good defence against people accusing you of bandwagonning, and you were well aware that a new one against him would form in due time. There was no risk to it, and it would have been a better way to push for the lynch.
Wait.You mean fact that i voted someone that got lynched afterwards by majority vote and was acting scummy is wrong ? He simply seemed as reasonable choice, if votes would change i wouldn't mind, my goal was to state who i want to see lynched not to get to unanimous vote situation.

But I saw what you did. You're scum. What i did ? Dun Dun Dun

Rewrite: If i don't understand the reason why somebody votes me i ask about it until i get something out of it, after that i try to convince them they're wrong (of course unless they're right about something). If it degrades into useless NO YES NO i just give up, it always end up as emotional tunnel vision.

Mind if you rewrite the first bit? I can't seem to read it well enough to understand.

Yes, but the question is why you came on to him with such heat, especially since it was unprovoked. You haven't answered that one. I just get annoyed by accusation about what seemed to me as simple question to start discussion. That's most condensate answer i could write based on my memory

But you never really did answer his question properly. Is it because you have something to hide?
If i could get to the question trough this quote mass i would answer it with pleasure.

Arrite.

But why did you simply wait? Why didn't you take the initiative and question and attack him yourself? Why were you being this passive? That's what i'm trying to do but i'm just not as good in it as i want to.

Passivity only helps the scum. If your readings prove insufficient, attack them and investigate yourself, and push them to reveal more information instead of sitting there sucking your thumb.
Sorry for formatting but these quotes within quotes make me dizzy :|

Btw : Jim can still provide IC advice ?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 08, 2011, 03:20:57 pm »

Btw : Jim can still provide IC advice ?

I would like to know this also.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 08, 2011, 03:57:08 pm »

LNCP:  Regarding the lack of vote:

All right, kids, welcome to LYLO.  This is the time to be completely honest and up front about everything.  Even though there are no hammers here, you still need to think before you vote.  We're out of extra chances- it's game over if scum doesn't hang today.

I was taking my own advice there.  I suppose it is less important for non-hammer games, but it's something to keep in mind.

Anyway, I thought I had made it clear that Tyberix was my first suspect.  In any case, Tyberix, how sure are you on Painiac? 

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 09, 2011, 03:05:15 pm »

I had stuff today. Was meaning to post, but yeah.
I'm going to a sports camp over the weekend. Expect only PFP's then.
I'd be posting tomorrow.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 09, 2011, 03:33:17 pm »

Non-participation at LYLO is a good way to lose quickly.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 09, 2011, 03:42:03 pm »

Yeah, I'm sorry.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 09, 2011, 03:57:13 pm »

That was really directed at everybody.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32