Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Game Over: Be Ashamed. Be Very Ashamed.  (Read 56698 times)

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXI - Day 1: Ominous Words...
« Reply #165 on: February 19, 2011, 12:01:14 pm »

Akivara Do you think situation like this when all votes are distributed among two people is good ? Also please restate why you're voting SaintDraze, your last post was long ago and looked like it was prod-vote.

Supercharazad You realize that if that plan was meant to work :
a)you shouldn't state it with people names in it ( all of your next attacks on them will look fabricated to match the plan)
b)you should test your target today. No attack on D1 and sudden charge on D2 would look strange in my opinion.

Of course unless that's not full plan  ?

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 19, 2011, 12:41:51 pm »

It is my full plan, and the only name was SaintDraze's, as he's almost certainly going to be lynched unless I do something stupid and get myself lynched.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 19, 2011, 01:13:49 pm »

Toaster and Jim: How is B12 Mafia different from Mafia done elsewhere? Also, how many games have each of you played?

I have no idea.

A bazillion.

What's the point of this question?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 19, 2011, 01:17:19 pm »

Toaster and Jim: How is B12 Mafia different from Mafia done elsewhere? Also, how many games have each of you played?

I have no idea.

A bazillion.

What's the point of this question?

None, really. I was just curious.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 19, 2011, 10:51:45 pm »

SaintDraze:
Well My scum picks are Toaster and japa for not voting me...

Toaster if you know if I am scum then why didn't you keep your vote me?

Don't tell me to whom to vote for.  You're scummy, but I think Super is scummier at this point.

SaintDraze, that's a horrible attitude.

You keep pressing your case even if you know you are going to die, so as someone else can pick up on it.

I endorse this statement.

Tyberix:
Supercharazad that's the most scummy thing i heard since the day start. What should he do other than pressing on his target ? Maybe attack someone else who you feel should be attacked ? Any excuse or clarification ?

SaintDraze How the hell not voting you is scummy ? You admit you're scum ? Or you say you're intentionally make us vote for you ?

What is this?  How is that scummy?  Please explain.

LNCP:
      W   L
T     1   7
M     5   3
3     2   3

Total 8   13

I only have it because someone asked me in BYOR 6.3- I just added a town loss (no comment) from SorcApp3.  I've never played elsewhere except a couple times on MafiaScum's IRC.   IRC is much faster, Epic Mafia is fast, and MafiaScum is slower.

Super:
I have a plan here though, if SaintDraze happens to turn out scum, we look for whoever looks most nervous, they are most likely to be his scumbuddy.

If he isn't, we look for the happiest and most relieved players, and lynch one, then, we look for nervousness and so on ad infinitum until the game ends.

Actually, you're hitting the reverse of the "congratulating the doc" scumtell.  Someone who actively cheers a night event that is good for the town could be doing it just to appear to be more townlike.  The whole business is soaked in WIFOM, though, and I suggest you don't worry too much about that and just actively scumhunt.

Jim:
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 20, 2011, 12:56:16 am »

Jim:
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akivara, Japa, by my incredibly rough rubric of participation, which is to say neither of you have posted within the last two pages, I wonder if you are lurking. What do you make of things? What do you make of SaintDraze at the moment? What about anyone else?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 20, 2011, 05:35:48 am »

Japa: If I were NKd tonight, what would you do?

Painiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 20, 2011, 05:44:29 am »

Okay, while I was conviced Supercharazad was being newbie, it looks like he is another scum.

You are acting weird about RVS stage. Jim has stated some rules about it in his first post. I will say after him: random vote is normal thing. Yet it is your pretty much only claim why SaintDraze is scum. It is weak. It's like you wanted to bandwagon to him while you coulnd't find arguments.

You had asked many questions in your first post. Most of them was, well, unconclusive. That or that. In your second post you didn't comment on any answer for your questions. Even on SaintDraze. It seems like you didn't care about questions and answers. So, it looks you only pretended to do any scumhunt. When everyone piled up on SaintDraze, you didn't look for any clues. You were looking how vote on him while not being suspected. You saw you couldn't do anything, so you could only throw him under bus.
Currently, I'm going to vote Saint the second he messes up again.
And again, your only argument is his vote in randomvoting stage. You know, he had MOVED his vote when you had posted, and ramdomvoted me instead. You are arguing something, which existed for, hell, 5 minutes in game? Maybe 15? Your argument doesn't make sense. He wasn't trying lynching you and you know it as well. Well, you probably remember it so clear, because it gave you pressure, and if you are scum, it isn't weird why you can't forget it.

You are voting for shortening, because you are bored? Hey, my questioning about shortening had some effects, I see. You was feeling pressured, and wanted to end it, when you saw chance. That was your reason.

Your last post... NK'ed or not, talking about it spread only WIFOM. You can't find scum from this. That question is somewhat scummy.

Painiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 20, 2011, 05:45:03 am »

Also, FoS Supercharazad.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 20, 2011, 06:05:44 am »

How is it a scummy question? It is a perfectly fine thing to ask, I was simply wondering what he would do.

Also, before this game I had never heard of RVS, so don't call me out as scum for newbyness.

The questions in my first post were simple silly questions, made at 11 o' clock at night, I was tired :/

Why would I look to vote him without being suspected?

He had made many scummy posts before I voted him.
My reason for wanting a shorten is because I was honestly getting bored waiting for D2.

I also have a great visual and audio memory (not so great on the other types though), I remember almost every post he made.

Painiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 20, 2011, 06:21:30 am »

How is it a scummy question? It is a perfectly fine thing to ask, I was simply wondering what he would do.
Because it brings only WIFOM and confusion. Nothing to gain.
Also, before this game I had never heard of RVS, so don't call me out as scum for newbyness.
God damn, Jim has explained it in his first post, and he posted AFTER you! You couldn't miss him! You should know it then.
The questions in my first post were simple silly questions, made at 11 o' clock at night, I was tired :/
Yea, they are silly, and there's so many of them. That's the point. You didn't cared about them in first place, that's why these are silly.

Well, you wanted to AVOID suspection and eventual pressure. If you are scum, it's easy to understand, you were scared off eventual rebuttal. That's why you come with ambigious arguments. And randomvote thingy.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 20, 2011, 06:44:25 am »

Because it brings only WIFOM and confusion. Nothing to gain.
God damn, Jim has explained it in his first post, and he posted AFTER you! You couldn't miss him! You should know it then.
Yea, they are silly, and there's so many of them. That's the point. You didn't cared about them in first place, that's why these are silly.

Well, you wanted to AVOID suspection and eventual pressure. If you are scum, it's easy to understand, you were scared off eventual rebuttal. That's why you come with ambigious arguments. And randomvote thingy.

Explain how it could bring WIFOM.

I obviously did miss it.

They were silly questions, a large number of beginning questions in Mafia are silly and useless.

Why would I want to avoid pressure? I'll win when the town wins, it doesn;t matter if I'm lynched or Nkd.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 20, 2011, 08:31:24 am »

Akivara, Japa, by my incredibly rough rubric of participation, which is to say neither of you have posted within the last two pages, I wonder if you are lurking. What do you make of things? What do you make of SaintDraze at the moment? What about anyone else?

Yes, I am lurking. As I said, I've lost interest.

Beats me.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 20, 2011, 08:33:25 am »

Yes, I am lurking. As I said, I've lost interest.

Beats me.

You lost interst in Mafia? Excuse for lurking much?

Why did you lose interest?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 20, 2011, 08:39:54 am »

You lost interst in Mafia? Excuse for lurking much?

Why did you lose interest?

Because I really don't have the right mindset for it. The most paranoid I ever get is thinking the guy fingering a knife and eyeballing my may not have the best intentions.

That, and I keep telling myself I can go over every post in the thread with a fine tooth comb, in the hope of finding something, anything, that I can question, some other time.

It's just not my type of game.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32