Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: DF small and silly blueprint  (Read 2991 times)

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: DF small and silly blueprint
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 08:17:04 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Moldath the monolith cancels sleep: interrupted by skeleton
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

taro8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 08:44:18 pm »

Right now Im making 3d blueprint, I have no idea how this will turn out.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 09:06:54 pm »

What are the squiggly things? Stairs?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 09:26:26 pm »

I like this skull so much, I think I am going to carve this into the sides of my next death pit, engrave the stone then fill the carved area with walls made of solid gold, with controllable magmafalls pouring out the eyes down to the bottom of the pit to fill the goblinite sorter.
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

taro8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 09:33:21 pm »

Ok I finished some basic stuff. I had to make 24 separate files (one per z level). Another thing is that this skull will be very blocky and it would need to be polished a bit. However please show me a screen how it came out when working with my blueprints.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xkq1oa

BTW: I noticed some mistakes on my part, butIm sure will will work this out ;)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 09:36:18 pm by taro8 »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 09:39:05 pm »

Keep in mind that ramps help make thins smooth, like if you make a pyramid and view it with Stonesense or Overseer, it'll be a lot blockier than if you added ramps to the whole thing.  So a 3D skull can benefit a lot from ramps.

taro8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 09:41:56 pm »

Here is gallery with z levels blueprints. just a note Imageshack puts LAST image at the beginning, it means that first image is the last one really.

http://img841.imageshack.us/g/93673322.jpg/

I messed up lower jaw, just bellow the teeth.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011, 09:53:24 pm »

This isn't a hard question. It just kinda bugs me.
Sorry if I'm rude.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Anathema

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 09:54:37 pm »

We will see about the walls. Anyway, does miasma travels up when it can? Im hoping that miasma chimneys can also be done.

Definitely. Several times I've had some random corpse bit left on a stairwell I never check, and it'll flood areas actually in use 3+ z-levels away. Makes it hard to find the damn thing. Not sure how far you could get it to go, though - miasma just seems to radiate outwards (in all 3 dimensions) a certain distance wherever it's unblocked, I don't think it has any concept of volume or pressure - i.e. I doubt you can 'focus' it down a chimney.. although if you left something to rot just inside the top of the chimney, you might get a few levels of miasma spilling out of it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 09:56:43 pm by Anathema »
The good news is that ghosts die of old age.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2011, 10:03:11 pm »

I think miasma functions similar to water, in that is spreads outward according to barriers.  It tends to occur in puffs, with a super-dense puff of gas appearing on the corpse/meat, and then spreading out according to what obstacles are nearby.  If none, it appears to hang on the same Z as it originates, spilling over a bit but not a great deal.  When in a stairway, it has nowhere to go but up and down, and can travel several Z's.  I often discover my underground stockpile is rotting because the gas spills up into my towers.

Anyways, my experience is that it can be channeled and directed very well.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2011, 10:07:51 pm »

This isn't a hard question. It just kinda bugs me.
Sorry if I'm rude.
yes, they are.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

taro8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2011, 07:14:09 am »

So, will anyone give giant 3D skull a shot?

Marthnn

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything's possible
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2011, 07:30:01 am »

Not sure how far you could get it to go, though - miasma just seems to radiate outwards (in all 3 dimensions) a certain distance wherever it's unblocked, I don't think it has any concept of volume or pressure - i.e. I doubt you can 'focus' it down a chimney.. although if you left something to rot just inside the top of the chimney, you might get a few levels of miasma spilling out of it.
From my experience, the more rotting stuff the farther miasma radiates. I've had a miasma radius of 10+ tiles with 3-4 rotting pieces of meat.

You could put your only garbage dump in a diagonal tile at the base of the chimney, the miasma won't travel diagonal and will go up in the air. Add a underground refuse stockpile around the base of the chimney, with settings "Corpses" and "Body parts" and "Take from main refuse stockpile". Or something like that...

Nice idea I'll admit, this chimney thing. Except it requires underground parts, so the ceilling needs to be natural.
Marthnn likes obsidian, steel, star ruby, goblin-cap wood, the color bloody red and giant desert scorpions for their tails. When possible, he prefers to consume sunshine. He absolutely detests cave blobs.

A dwarf wants to heal.  A dwarf is motivated to heal.  A dwarf is, by Armok, going to heal or die trying!  Because if he doesn't heal, he doesn't get alcohol.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2011, 07:38:22 am »

Also note that size does matter with miasma.  I had my soldier separate a crundle from its crundle left leg, and nearby had a troll minus an arm.  The troll produced a LOT more miasma than the little crundle leg.

taro8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2011, 07:45:22 am »

Here is my idea for a chimney, I think you can put miasma generating stuff under stone  and have hatch in the middle, link it to lever so you can open it to let miasma out. Does miasma generates in any closed space or just underground?

Pages: 1 [2] 3