Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Forgotten beast stupidity. Dwarven common cold?  (Read 2434 times)

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
Forgotten beast stupidity. Dwarven common cold?
« on: February 15, 2011, 04:43:37 pm »

well, i ahve a forgotten beast syndrom running amok, however: it does nothing, but send my dwarfs to the hospital, they get diagnosed to have nothing wrong, then go out. only to decide they have it again, go back, get diagnosed and then leave straight after.

i may ahve to make a mist generator to clean them xP but it seems this "disease" is like the common cold, it does nothing but make my dwarfs stop working and bug the medical guy to look at them because its such a novalty.

I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten beast stupidity. Dwarven common cold?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 04:45:06 pm »

It's probably causing something small, like mild dizziness or very pathetic symptom, which they then rush off for.  Of course it's better than the alternative, having dwarves who never go to the hospital.

Just wait, all syndromes have a lifespan and will wear off.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 04:59:01 pm »

or maybe it's a very slow syndrome and next year all affected will explode in gore  :D
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 05:00:48 pm »

lol.

eather way xP i hope it buggers off. im going to create that mist generator in a ring round the central staircase.
see if that helps clean the filthy buggers.

probably move the hospital their.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

DgnBiscuit

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been nauseated by the sun lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 05:04:53 pm »

I got a forgotten beast syndrome that turned dwarves into exploding gore (in a sense): You'd bleed then rot while still alive. This lead to people basically becoming dead-dwarves walking as they encountered contaminated material (dutifully tracked EVERYWHERE by my cats), began bleeding, then rotted until they died, contaminating others (and grossing out everyone), until the tantrum spiral set in. The actual forgotten beast was pretty pathetic. But the cat-spread syndrome was apocalyptic.

-D.B.
Urist McKitten has been ecstatic lately. Urist McKitten can has cheezburger lately.
Here at Bay12, we're constantly looking for ways to set the world on fire.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 05:07:18 pm »

That's the true danger in a FB.  The beast itself can be killed or otherwise contained, but the syndrome... ouch!

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 05:25:23 pm »

I had a forgotten beast extract that made all of my dwarves and tamed animals sick.  When I say sick, it gave them all nausea, all 228 dwarves AND the crapton of puppies, kittens and tigermen... The entire fort was covered in vomit from the very depths to the uppermost level of my execution tower...  the game log was filled with X retches...  :'(

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 05:58:07 pm »

I have one that has blood that causes skin to melt off as its syndrome. The blood is everywhere and now every single one of my dwarves is a walking mass of veins, arteries and exposed muscle.
Not one has gone to the doctor, and only my weakest have actually died from it. Aside from not having any skin the fort functions just fine and is now having babies.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

ext0l

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 06:01:04 pm »

This is a great way to train diagnoser?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 06:02:37 pm »

2 Z's or 1 training spear spike are better ways of training doctors in various skills.  Or both, drop someone onto spikes.

elctropenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • The one true electric penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 06:37:51 pm »

You wanna know whats the scariest fb I've ever faced?
A freaking Man shaped walking tower of solid obsidian
Fucking unstopable Seriously unfair it didn't help that I only had only 14 dwarves none with combat experience  The end result he finally got bored and left but not before turning twelve dwarves into processed dwarf paste The remaining two dwarves I had managed too seal in a room for protection 1 of them tantrumed and killed the other I then firmly pressed abandon fort :'(
SO MANY FREAKIN HARPYS!!! OH THE PAIN!!!! (last words of urist mcducan as he vainly tried to stem the tied of none stop harpy kamikazes)

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 06:41:05 pm »

I have a f.b. syndrome now which is somehow impervious to cheating (washing devices+dfclean).  Fortunately, all it causes is lots of vomiting, followed by intense sleepiness.  Also it wears off if the subject is drowning.  If the subject is a cat.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 06:43:35 pm »

You wanna know whats the scariest fb I've ever faced?
A freaking Man shaped walking tower of solid obsidian
Fucking unstopable Seriously unfair it didn't help that I only had only 14 dwarves none with combat experience  The end result he finally got bored and left but not before turning twelve dwarves into processed dwarf paste The remaining two dwarves I had managed too seal in a room for protection 1 of them tantrumed and killed the other I then firmly pressed abandon fort :'(

Welcome to DF, where the game gives you steel basically falling off an untouched mountainside, and in the next moment throws a steel titan at you.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 12:55:46 am »

I have one that has blood that causes skin to melt off as its syndrome. The blood is everywhere and now every single one of my dwarves is a walking mass of veins, arteries and exposed muscle.
Not one has gone to the doctor, and only my weakest have actually died from it. Aside from not having any skin the fort functions just fine and is now having babies.

I cant decide if that is disgusting or badass.  I'll say both :D
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Marshall Burns

• Bay Watcher
  • American Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Beyond the Wire Productions store
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 01:23:33 am »

I got one that was rather cold-like. They got a fever and then went to sleep for a while. Occasionally they'd suffer an infection in the affected area. No one ever went to the hospital for it.

I'll be glad when pharmaceuticals go in.
By the way, I design table top RPGs and other games. You can buy some.
Pages: [1] 2