Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Dwarven cocktails  (Read 3729 times)

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
Re: Dwarven cocktails
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 08:04:40 pm »

I'm not making LARP equivalents. I'm making Drinks Real People Might Drink equivalents. Of course, I understand most of you are under 18, so there you go.
A cocktail that mixes gin, vodka, tequila and whiskey in the same glass is your idea of a drink real people might drink? Nobody in their right mind mixes their drinks like that in the same evening!
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 09:18:32 pm »

I'm not making LARP equivalents. I'm making Drinks Real People Might Drink equivalents. Of course, I understand most of you are under 18, so there you go.
A cocktail that mixes gin, vodka, tequila and whiskey in the same glass is your idea of a drink real people might drink? Nobody in their right mind mixes their drinks like that in the same evening!

I've mixed 2 different vodkas, rum, and 2 or three different juices. Though I was going to be a bartender and was experimenting(it actually turned out to be everybody's favorite). No random college student are gonna mix more then 2 things though. But at higher class places you can get things like that. I was so pissed I could only find one place that knew what a zombie was.
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz

ThrowerOfStones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Alea Iacta Est
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 09:53:06 pm »

I'd be surprised if most of the people here are under 18, actually.

Moreover, I don't quite get the motivation for some of these. Why is Dwarven Ale not... umm... Ale?
The dead do not respond to context.
Pencil and Paper Blog Ahoy!

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 10:21:16 pm »

I've mixed 2 different vodkas, rum, and 2 or three different juices. Though I was going to be a bartender and was experimenting(it actually turned out to be everybody's favorite). No random college student are gonna mix more then 2 things though. But at higher class places you can get things like that. I was so pissed I could only find one place that knew what a zombie was.
Mixing certain kinds of alcohol is still liable to magnify your hangover far out of proportion to how much you've actually drunk, though wine and beer or whiskey are probably the worst.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

melomel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 11:44:47 pm »

I wouldn't say it's an age thing so much as the apparent lack of hardcore mixologists...  The closest I've come to the art is discovering the awesome things sriracha sauce does in a bloody mary.

But mixed drinks are awesome, when done properly.
I HAVE THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND CRAFT ITEMS. I WILL TRADE THEM ALL FOR CHEESE.
7+7

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2011, 08:44:54 am »

needs moar bacon vodka
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

cog disso

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress: Hatchetminds
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2011, 10:46:58 am »

By pepper vodka do you mean black pepper?
As in you take a bunch of cracked peppercorns and let them sit in vodka for a week before filtering, basically resulting in black pepper extract.
(And the best thing ever to happen to a bloody mary)

Actually, fun fact: According to Voodoo ritual, the #1 way to detect whether somebody is possessed is if they'll drink an indigenous drink called "piman". Piman consists of a bottle of 100 proof rum, a handful of black pepper and 13 red peppers, allowed to steep for several weeks. If a ritualist drinks it without wincing, the congregation assumes he or she is possessed by Samedi or one of the graveyard loa.

I KNOW A LOT ABOUT BOOZE.
Urist McShrodinger likes unobservable properties for their haunting implications.

Sarudak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2011, 02:29:44 pm »

Why would ale be a mixed drink?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ale

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2011, 02:31:03 pm »

can we just teach dwarves to stick a burning thing next to it and throw it at gobos to easen our dwarven lives in the dwarven fortress?
Desu

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2011, 11:11:06 pm »

That piman sounds delicious
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

ShattererOfWorlds

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2011, 12:32:47 am »

+1 to the opinion that this goes too far.

OP: have you actually made these and verified that they are good? If so I might be inclined to try and get some made next time I'm at the mess.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2011, 01:59:32 am »

Reallife dwarviest brewer : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BrewDog
Highlights include: "Late in November 2009, BrewDog launched a beer called Tactical Nuclear Penguin, with 32% alcohol, which was claimed to be the strongest beer ever made."
"In February 2010 Brewdog announced Sink The Bismarck, an apparent 41% A.B.V."
and the dwarfiest booze of all:
"A 55% A.B.V. freeze-distilled beer called The End of History, with the bottles packaged in the stuffed dead bodies of small animals, priced at £500 and £700 each. Only 12 bottles were produced.Advocates for Animals called the gimmick perverse dwarfy"
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 02:01:57 am by MarcAFK »

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2011, 02:02:41 am »

I think if you want to dwarf up a standard drink it should to suffice to just add more booze, and maybe some kitten blood.
Edit: meh, i forgot the edit button again :P

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2011, 02:08:26 am »

Well, Long Island Iced Tea might disagree...
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

MarineMorton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2011, 07:17:36 am »

Yeah and any British town centre on a sat night   ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3