Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: What you DONT want in DF?  (Read 29594 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: What you DONT want in DF?
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2011, 09:43:05 pm »

Actually, I am innoculated against that particular threat.  I watched the whole movie... and survived.  (... Or did I?) (And yes, it's pretty much as bad as it looks.)

Dear god, the docter who fixed you up much have been legendary +5.

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2011, 09:47:55 pm »

I haven't seen most of these, and I have got to say, crappy 90s commercials are unparalleled everywhere!
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2011, 09:52:06 pm »

Then again, you haven't seen IIIIIIIT yet. The deepest trench of advertising from which no entertainment can enter nor escape. You sanity may be lost, so I dare not post it.

You talk the talk, but how bad can it get?

Actually, I am innoculated against that particular threat.  I watched the whole movie... and survived.  (... Or did I?) (And yes, it's pretty much as bad as it looks.)
Actually, aside from the seizure-inducing flashy images, the trailer makes the movie look badass. Too bad...

Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2011, 10:01:50 pm »

Then again, you haven't seen IIIIIIIT yet. The deepest trench of advertising from which no entertainment can enter nor escape. You sanity may be lost, so I dare not post it.

You talk the talk, but how bad can it get?

Actually, aside from the seizure-inducing flashy images, the trailer makes the movie look badass. Too bad...

I'm supposed to come up with a campaign for Microsoft Songsmith. I wouldn't even buy Microsoft Songsmith.

Seriously, that was horrible. Microsoft commercials are a cancer on televised broadcasts. But as far as I can see through my spasming eyelids, that didn't even melt my brain (too much).

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2011, 10:19:35 pm »

Deary me this is fun, we should make a thread in general. I have a much greater enducance test then anything laughing.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2011, 10:25:20 pm »

Yeah, we should move to GD. This is getting out of hand. :P
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2011, 10:26:42 pm »

... At first, I thought this wasn't so bad...

THEN I GOT "I CAN SING INTO THIS MICROPHONE, AND IT TURNS INTO A SONG" STUCK IN MY HEAD.

DAMN YOU! YOU BLEW IT ALL UP! YOU BLEW IT ALL UP!
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2011, 10:28:31 pm »

I would do it, but... I had a run in with a gypsie preist. See he thinks I'm responcible for the death of he's daughter, but she totally came onto me, and she suggested the lake anyway. Point is it wasn't my fault. But now I'm cursed that every thread I ever make will fail... Strange curse I know, but back then I wanted to be a weaver for a living, so seems the wording carrys over.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2011, 10:30:12 pm »

I would do it, but... I had a run in with a gypsie preist. See he thinks I'm responcible for the death of he's daughter, but she totally came onto me, and she suggested the lake anyway. Point is it wasn't my fault. But now I'm cursed that every thread I ever make will fail... Strange curse I know, but back then I wanted to be a weaver for a living, so seems the wording carrys over.

Well then someone else can make the thread for you. But I'm not doing it.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2011, 10:41:37 pm »

Alright, I did it. Quick, post before it sinks into the ABYSS.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77823.0
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2011, 11:00:33 pm »

...WHY did I just watch all that crap!?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

idgarad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2011, 06:28:07 pm »

Poo.

and pee.

The last thingss we need.. as in.. what we never want in DF.

Bullshit (literally) should be there. I am looking forward some day to building a crap-load of goblin cages, flooding the room with sewage to 4 depth, popping the cages and leaving them there until some god-aweful sewage dwelling fish of some sort spawns and devours them, adding more crap to the wet, steamy pile. My option  of torture are limited, sewage gives me tools to exact vengence against those damn goblins....

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2011, 07:01:19 pm »

Bullshit (literally) should be there. I am looking forward some day to building a crap-load of goblin cages, flooding the room with sewage to 4 depth, popping the cages and leaving them there until some god-aweful sewage dwelling fish of some sort spawns and devours them, adding more crap to the wet, steamy pile. My option  of torture are limited, sewage gives me tools to exact vengence against those damn goblins....

You know, every time I see posts like this, I never am quite sure whether these are legitimate arguments for or some sort of satirical argument against bodily waste.  I mean, nobody would actually think this is a convincing argument for these systems against the sorts of people who are worried about it being "too purile", right?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 07:18:19 pm by NW_Kohaku »
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2011, 08:55:35 pm »

You know, every time I see posts like this, I never am quite sure whether these are legitimate arguments for or some sort of satirical argument against bodily waste.  I mean, nobody would actually think this is a convincing argument for these systems against the sorts of people who are worried about it being "too purile", right?
What a coincidence, I just got to the fertilizer section in your novel of a thread. I disagree with anyone who says any kind of bodily waste should forever be excluded from DF. There's a line of course, and I think it's somewhere around making feces a liquid.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2011, 09:09:30 pm »

What a coincidence, I just got to the fertilizer section in your novel of a thread. I disagree with anyone who says any kind of bodily waste should forever be excluded from DF. There's a line of course, and I think it's somewhere around making feces a liquid.

I think we should stop talking about this. Start a new thread, but please don't dearil this, especially not with an argument about crap.

I'd like to see bogeymen either toned down or completely removed in the next versions.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16