Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: The Portal 2 ARG, potatoes, Valve time, no spoilers. Pretty much outdated now.  (Read 13022 times)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Portal 2 is now available for pre-order
« Reply #150 on: April 17, 2011, 09:28:21 am »

A few, perhaps, but I don't think we're completing all of the games.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 17, 2011, 12:34:36 pm »

Cogs has completed.  I am observing a 1:33:40 reduction (that can't be right: an hour and a half?)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #152 on: April 17, 2011, 03:45:15 pm »

Projected launch, according to that plugin: Monday, April 18, 2011 10:38:46 AM (Your timezone) - Portal 2 released

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 17, 2011, 04:55:54 pm »

http://www.thinkwithportals.com/coop_survey.php

Your Aperture Science Cooperative Testing Type is:
Weighted Companion Cube

Stalwart and dependable, you're always willing to give a friend the shirt off your back, a shoulder to cry on, or a step up. Compatible cooperative test partners include shirtless people who can't stop crying while they use you as stairs.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 06:42:50 pm by Metalax »
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #154 on: April 17, 2011, 05:06:15 pm »

http://www.thinkwithportals.com/coop_survey.php

Glados

Imperious, highly intelligent, impossibly cruel-you wield your intelligence and wit like a cudgel, bludgeoning those around you into passive submission. Keep an eye out for cooperative test partners with low self esteem and body image issues.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 17, 2011, 05:35:51 pm »

Ratman

You're the quiet, artistic type, happy to ponder the solution to a puzzle in quiet solitude. Compatible cooperative test partners include introspective loners, deaf-mute invisible people, and mannequins.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 17, 2011, 06:40:34 pm »

Cave Johnson

You don't see crises -- only challengitunities you choose to scale like mountains. You're a can-do, shoot-from-the-hip, silver-tongued self-starter. You're a good match for any cooperative test partner, providing they shut up and listen.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 17, 2011, 06:54:48 pm »

P-Body

Inquisitive, sensitive-you analyze situations and approach problems with care. You value friendship highly. Your ideal cooperative partner would be brave and up for anything.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 17, 2011, 07:54:42 pm »

Quote from:  Aperture Science Collaborative Disposition Test
Atlas

Brave and up for anything-you like adventure and nothing scares you. You value friendship highly. Your ideal cooperative partner would be inquisitive and sensitive.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 17, 2011, 08:01:37 pm »

P-Body

Inquisitive, sensitive-you analyze situations and approach problems with care. You value friendship highly. Your ideal cooperative partner would be brave and up for anything.
ME TOOOOO

LET'S BE P-BUDDIES

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 17, 2011, 08:04:11 pm »

Used the last of my cash to pre-order it at BB, $35  before tax and shipping, they give you a $10 gift card. Picking it up at the store, ends up cheaper then amazon and steam.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 17, 2011, 08:36:40 pm »

Used the last of my cash to pre-order it at BB, $35  before tax and shipping, they give you a $10 gift card. Picking it up at the store, ends up cheaper then amazon and steam.

Wow, that makes me a tiny bit angry. Why exactly are they able to do that pricing? If the PS3 version had been that price I would of been extra pissed, because I needed both PC and PS3 versions (and the PS3 comes with a free PC copy)

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 17, 2011, 08:49:39 pm »

I think the 360 and and PS3 version are also that price, at least the lady at customer service said they were...

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 17, 2011, 08:53:43 pm »

More brick-and-mortar stores are doing deals like that recently. They want people to keep coming to actual stores instead of buying everything online, so they offer deals with gift cards. If I understood this deal right, when you go in and buy the game you get preorder price ($45) and they give you a $10 gift card.

Gift cards are funny things in that they're not a discount, strictly speaking, they're more of a guaranteed future purchase. Gift cards CAN be used on a purchase for exactly their value but that doesn't happen all that often. It's more likely that someone will come in, see something for $20 (or more) and think "oh I've got this gift card, so it's really like it's only $10." Then you get people thinking they've saved on the initial Portal 2 purchase AND some future purchase, whereas they've only ACTUALLY saved on the second. Plus by only offering this deal if you come into the store, you force people to walk in and walk past all sorts of other things they might want to buy to pick up the game and get to the register before they can even get the deal, so you might get some more sales that way, too.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 08:55:21 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #164 on: April 17, 2011, 08:55:56 pm »

Wow, that makes me a tiny bit angry. Why exactly are they able to do that pricing? If the PS3 version had been that price I would of been extra pissed, because I needed both PC and PS3 versions (and the PS3 comes with a free PC copy)
Eh, its only 5 dollars more on steam if you do the two pack. I did with my friend, 40 dollars each instead of the normal 45 for preordering.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18