Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: The Grimoire of Armok! post your passages to be chosen for the book of our god!  (Read 16397 times)

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile

And thus, in the time before time, Armok himself crafted the beasts, themselves the lesser images of Armok. And such, the animals were created. It was a glorious event, in which rum, grog, wine, beer, and even moonshine was at hold. yet it wouldst not last long. A dark time soon catapulted thyself into thy court of Armok. It would claim itself as The Ny Unbeatable and Unstoppable Lord F Pee S....
And in the dew of the moring, F Pee S marched thyself into thy court of thy blood God. and in a boast worthy of the Gods, it claimed, "Yor best warriors are nay match for me! I shall Conquer thy heavenliest of warriors, and send them into F Pee S doom!". And Armok, in his eternal glory, wept tears of pure sadness, each of which formed a carp. For he knew this would be the truth.
But the hubris of a certain warrior, Lord Kobold, was too huge too occupy. He sent thyself flying into F Pee S. Yet, even, the strength of Lard kobold would not but slow down the terror of Thy Lord F Pee S. He smite Kobold and shaped him into a dimunitive figure of small capacity and size. And lo! even in his greatest distress, Armok blessed Kobold the strength to capture F Pee S.  But the doom and death of f Pee S corrupted Kobold, and he, with F Pee S, were cast down into thy world...

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Armok looked down on his creations, and found they had made industry, steel and medicine. They had dug deep and found sights unseen by any other. Some had even built fortresses within [The circus]l itself. Armok was pleased.

Armok knows, like his creation, that the sharpest axe, the finest armor, and the most unyielding of all shields are useless without a challenge to test them. Armok then created Fun and it was had by all.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

Blackdutchie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[Told in a deep voice by eldest dorf in congregation (Human elder may substitute, elf women or children may be used as agonizing-screams-background-music)]
And then it was on the second day, thirteenth hour, fifth minute after the first dwarf had gone idle, that Armok beheld creation, and found it lacking, and he created a beast of great size and splendor, with large tusks to forever adorn the grand halls of the dwarven race. But in a cruel twist of fate, the dark lord F. Pee Ess twisted the new beast at last moment of creation, making it bloodthirsty and wild!
Not long after, the dwarves befound them in great numbers in what had been the safety of down below, large and tusked they were, and tearing the meeklier dwarves to pieces.
The dwarves fled, and those that did not did stand and fight, and they fell to the beasts, not knowing their weaknesses.
Alas, the dorfs beheld the beasts from above, their +green glass window+'s providing them safe haven, and yea they did see the beasts roll the skulls and teeth of their brethren, and Trolls they were named.
Hark! The mightiest of dorfs were summoned soon by the haughtiest of nobles, and sent down below to combat the threat!

[The following is sung by as many dorfs as can be congregated (Humans may substitute, elfs may be used for agonizing-screams-background-music)]
They rushed with great speed into the tusked hordes,
 and many tusks fell to their axes and swords.
The Trolls lay defeated, but some did escape,
the champions returning, the noble-mouth agape.
The tusks gleaming brightly in big mountainhall,
forever rememb'ring the Trolls that did fall.

And thus the Trolls were made by our Lord,
their tusks shimmer fondly as mugs in our hoard.
Quote from: Bauglir
Quote from: Flying Carcass
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
The first lesson taught by DF is patience.
The second: Madness.
The third: Magma, properly applied, solves all problems.

MadJax

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma Muppet
    • View Profile

Short one:

"Regarding the mysterious darkness known as F. Pee-Ess: It is not know exactly what can summon this malevolent force into bieng, however it should be noted that a large congregation of dwarves or other creatures can affect the space-time flux, causing an apprent distortion or "slowing" of time in the vicinity. One confirmed fact, is that the dark force is attracted to cats, which may go someway to explaining the suspicion held by dwarves about them."
Dwarven Math:

Dorf + Magma + Insane Project = SCIENCE!

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Short one:

"Regarding the mysterious darkness known as F. Pee-Ess: It is not know exactly what can summon this malevolent force into bieng, however it should be noted that a large congregation of dwarves or other creatures can affect the space-time flux, causing an apprent distortion or "slowing" of time in the vicinity. One confirmed fact, is that the dark force is attracted to cats, which may go someway to explaining the suspicion held by dwarves about them."
Unknown to thy dwarfy Hands, Lord F Pee S was once an actual Dwarf. he had suffered from thy hands of kobolds, goblins, humans, and other pure dwarfs. In revenge, he gathered an  occult group of like minded Dwarfs and created a group called Lost Attackers Group, Or L.A.G.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile

sounds good.

im a bit busy today, so ill "pen" up all this stuff soon into the first book and post it in this thread for reveiw.

Ill put a new book as the first one called Worlgenesis -unless we have a better name- just to put in the creation mythos and so forth, well get definning Armok and the storys/dwarfyness in the Urist book. After that we can start on Book Ids draft and get Book Urists pages refined and completed. these are just drafts mind, we may add or take away sections as we procede depending on the feel at the time and opinions of people.

-ie: Book Urist seems to be all blood and Armok at this point in time, we could make Book Id the book of enginearing, then the next the one of mining/construction and so on-
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile

We sure do have alot of alternate creation myths. This can become a true bonafide religion within the week

Second of all. Like the idea of book of engineering. maybe call it the "age of enlightenment" in...well i suppose its a mockery of our own. The time of when our beloved sons of the stone stopped mining by rubbing the bedrock with their beards for example.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 09:39:40 am by Wannazzaki »
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

MadJax

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma Muppet
    • View Profile

Probably the best, and realistic (In dwarf terms), is to say that a small group of almost-heretical dwarves came up with mechanisms and very basic mechanics (Kind of like our ancestors did with wheels and stuff), and the Book of Id (Engineering) can be like a technological boom with the invention of screw pumps, water wheels and gear assemblies etc, possibly with the introduction of basic traps such as stone-fall and cage traps. Ideas?
Dwarven Math:

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile

Followed by a war between the new techno radicals and the faithful. Suffice to say crossbows and drawbridges trump zealotry and sticks no? :D
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

MadJax

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma Muppet
    • View Profile

Obviously the Technophiles would either win or beat the fanatics to submission, which could make for interesting reasoning as to why the Dwarves don't seem to mention Armok much :)
Dwarven Math:

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

agreed.
ill pen up tomorrow. right now ive had a long day and my dog was ill so xP a bit overheated in my brain for now.

any last minute additions anyone wants to add to book Urist please post before i get up at 8 tomorrow and log on to begin writing.

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The book of Urist:
And thus, for doing Armok's bidding, Urist was rewarded with the fruits of his labor: a fort that towered over the cities of the humans, that shamed the retreats of the elves, that resisted the most violent goblin attacks.
Urist became the first king of the dwarfs. All of his demands where reasonable: crafts when they needed something to trade, and bins when the crafts began to pile up, and cloths when the dwarfs became naked. They did not wear them anyway. In return, Urist was given gifts from his fellow dwarfs: large carved out rooms from the miners, masterwork beds from the carpenters, masterwork cabinets from the masons, and masterwork engravings from the engravers.
Armok had a gift for him as well. One of the masons fell under a strange spell and began demanding all kinds of materials from the other dwarfs: stone, cloth, jewels, and much more. Urist granted his requests, waiting eagerly to see what he was making.
It was a granite anvil named "Firststrikes". All of the weapons and armor made on this anvil had the hardness of steal, even though no such material existed yet, and they all where of the highest quality. More anvils where made on this one, so the gift of metal smithing could be given to all future dwarfs. Urist celebrated by dumping magma on elves.

The Last Days of Urist:
Urist had a suit of armor made for himself and his militia, which proved useful as the goblins attacked and where easily destroyed. Urist had grown confident in the abilities of his armor, too confident. During one siege, Urist went by a non-obsidianized part of the river near the fort. He was fighting 3 goblin swordsmen, whose stone weapons stood no match for his metal armor. He felt a slight tug on his boot, but he could not take any attention away from the battle. He then felt a large pull that knocked him too the ground. He looked down and saw a carp. The insidious carp where not happy with the magma being dumped into the river and they planed on punishing Urist for it. With his armor weighing him down, as he was dragged into the water and was ripped to pieces by the evil creatures. Urist's companions saw this, and, to this day, dwarfs are afraid of carp.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 05:42:25 pm by NotPete »

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The tale of carp.
In the time before time, Armok himself was dreary. He had lost-nay! destroyed his appetite for creation. And in this dark time, no creatures were born. Dwarves proclaimed Armok to be dead, in turn they were transformed into fire and coal. kobolds soon started warring with their brother dwarves. Toads lost their sentience and became liken beats!! Armok cried tears of sadness at this woe. "Oh how to stop this torrent of madness!", Armok cried. And with it, he fell into a frenzy. Lord elephant worried over his high master. but the worry was useless. And within a day, a loud voice rang across the planes! "Harken to this beast, for he shall be your light in the darkest nights, the darkness in your lightest days, For He Is Carp!!"

Melagius

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord and Master here
    • View Profile

Time for some koans:

A lesser dwarf asked Armok "What is the kind of talk that transcends Nobles and Champions?" Armok replied: Plump Helmets!

Said Armok to his disciples: "However shiny a sock is, it may be that it is better not to have it at all."

A dwarf asked Armok to teach him.
Armok asked "Have you killed the goblins?"
The dwarf replied "Yes, I have."
"Then go wash at the well.", said Armok.
At that moment, the dwarf was enlightened.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Book of Genesis:
Armok, in his eternal wisdom, made a thousand worlds a thousand times. In the 7th day of creation, Armok stopped. And in his eternal helm, he nodded. And it was good.
And lo, in the times before time, Armok smiled at his creation. Through many hardships, he had crafted a land to call his own. Unbeknownst to him cometh a dark force from the nether, Hiddenifious Funturio Stuffaria, self proclaimed lord of the dark denizens. The abominations sought chaos and destruction in the form of twisted tentacles and flying excrement, and laughed at Armok's fertile land.
Armok smiled, and said unto himself "And so, Hiddenifious, you present me a worthy battle that I may partake in. The slaughter shall be joyous, and you will be immortalised forever." And thus he bore the titans, first of Armok's living creations, to combat this new threat. The battle lasted millennia; many demons fell to the titans, themselves suffering many casualties. The land was ravaged and many titans grew unstable from the millennia of battle they had endured. Armok felt the hidden presence of Hiddenifious, gleefully twisting these weary titans, making them dangerous and insane.
On the final days of the battle, Armok declared his weariness of this battle, and using the sacred Divine Blue, crafted hundreds, maybe thousands of enchanted blades with his own strong will. Hiddenifious, worried by this development, pulled his forces back to the underworld from which they had spawned. Hoping that the fortresses they had created from the Dark Rock would protect them from the divine ones wrath. Infuriated by their introduction of this foreign substance onto his land, Armok cast the blades into the fortresses themselves, sealing them forever.
Years passed as the titans and Armok sought to rebuild the world, their twisted and insane brethren still wandered the land, forests and meadows had been destroyed, oceans had been boiled. Over the year, Armok gathered the twisted titans, and sealed them as under the earth as guardians of the deep. Oceans of magma were formed, the blood of the divine one himself, in order to keep secret the denizens that lay beneath. As further protection, Armok would seal any potential weak points with the Divine Blue metal in the shape of tubes. Just as the Dark Rock could not be manipulated by his own will, the forces of Hiddenifious could not manipulate the Divine Blue.
And lo, he proclaimed to the Titans: "Hear me, you who are still of mind. Your brethren will be sealed beneath, in the very womb of my world, and shall be forgotten. I shall not interfere with the actions of this land again, yet I shall create new peoples whom shall battle each other, and offer a sacrifice of blood. The frail Humans, whose flesh shall age quicker than most, the elegant Elves; who shall value the land above all else, and consume the flesh of other because of this. The Goblins; a savage race whom shall be at odds with all others, The Kobolds; who value materials above life. And finally, my favoured children, the Dwarves; whom shall be guided by my divine servants to compensate for their lack of intelligence."
As one the Titans let loose a cry: "But Master, what shall we do about the damage? Will you not lend us your divine grace to help us recover?"
With a blink, Armok summoned into existence a being. Green and tall, with bulbous eyes and a wide grin. "My servant, The Great Toad, shall oversee future repairs and improvements. By his blessing shall these lands be granted more life."
The Titans rejoiced, and yet held their heads high once more: "And what now of you, our master?"
To which Armok replied: "And now, I shall retreat to the Twelfth Bay of the void, where my servant of Three Toes shall entertain me with stories of the races and their actions." And with that, Armok was gone. The first of his five races awoke to the world, bleary eyed and primitive.
The Great Toad watched the event, and simply muttered: "Blood. For the Blood God." before croaking."

The divine servants:
Some of these Divine have abandoned Armok, and decided to worship gods created in their minds. Gods and beings such as Jehovah, Allah, the Jade Emperor, and many others have been thought of and worshipped by countless mislead Divine ones. Many more fail to carry out their main duty: to create and destroy worlds, to create and destroy their own world, and to lead the dwarves of their created worlds to do the same. Thus the titans were enraged, and did battle with these false pretenders. The great servant Toady watched on, changing existence a piece at a time. His plan to fulfil the blood god’s wishes slowly coming to fruition.

Those who bring glory to Armok, carry out their purpose, and show others of the divine the path of blood shall be rewarded in a glorious after life. They will be taken to a heaven of Dwarfhalla! A place filled with deep tunnels dug into the ground, massive adamantine megaprojects, rivers and lakes of magma, and Masterful crafts made from the remains of slaughtered elves. The realm closest to the Twelfth Bay of the void.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This history shall be written in blood, and for every drop laid down in the name of the dwarfs, every drop I say! Every drop laid down in the name of the GREAT GOD ARMOK HIMSELF! Shall be used to wash away the sins of the none believers! And give birth the hero’s who shall come. With Adamantine, Steel, Iron, Silver, Bishtmund bronze and copper, with the very rocks at our feet! We shall smite down all who are under the sway of the daemon, the mutant, the heretic! Forward brothers of Armok! Forward! Into the breach, honour our god with the blood of the dark hordes!

- Rally cry from Karakzon, during the battle of blood and horror in a time before time, during the Strife of founding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the book of genesis. ill add the mementos to those whos parts i used in a credits page at the back of the Grimoire of Armok.
so far coverd:
creation of worlds
creation of players
creation of all individuals ins aid world
reason for the existance of adamantine and slade.

Well get to the first dwarves story in the book of Urists first pages, since ill be using the one with the dwarf king and the elven leather thong.

Please comment on this through PM to me, and continue with your additions for the book of Urist, ill get to that in the afternoon of today. i promiss.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7