Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Redo possession strange moods  (Read 1572 times)

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
Re: Redo possession strange moods
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2011, 05:48:23 pm »

Otherwise, if you get a mood that has something that is impossible for you to fullfil the demands, you'll either have to savescum to before that mood occured, or you will never get an artifact again as your dwarves are picked off one by one by the possessing ghost just because you can't supply them with whatever random crap they are asking for.

Nah, we just need to improve trade, so that you can trade for whatever you need (including bones/shells).

It would be especially interesting if, when you request stuff that the traders don't have, they'd try to get it from the people who trade with *them* .... expanding ever outward in the trade network until someone, somewhere brought it to you.  In other words, making it so that your trade requests that they can't fulfill expand ever outwards until someone, somewhere, can supply you with a handful of incredibly expensive whatever from the other side of the known world.

Then, hopefully, this sort of thing would only be a problem if there wasn't a single civ anywhere who had any access to, say, gold.
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Re: Redo possession strange moods
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2011, 05:52:02 pm »

Well, obviously you'd have the choice of "Let ghost hang around, and let him eventually possess someone to finish his work", or "Lay ghost to rest to shut him up".  Only restless ghosts should be elegible.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!
Pages: 1 [2]