Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you sleep here

Yes
No
Only with a book of matches

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Would You Sleep here?  (Read 1704 times)

Qwernt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Would You Sleep here?
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 02:21:41 pm »

So, has !!science!! proven that a dwarf will try to get into a burning bed?

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2011, 02:38:32 pm »

I think the dwarf would repeatedly keep getting reawoken by the bleeding and burning, and try to sleep again once he has calmed down, eventually, being deprived of sleep and paranoid about what is happening to him, he would be too tired from the lack of sleep, too weak from all the blood loss, and too insane from paranoia to pay heed to the fact that if he lies down again he wouldn't be able to get back up off the burning bed.

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 03:03:54 pm »

You could give all of your dwarfs a bedroom and use this for a dormentory that way you won't have to manually kill of imigrants...
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2011, 03:06:30 pm »

Dunno , hope it ends up as the ducheses bed , and an unfortunate accident.... for a dwarf mistakeing the bed as fuel and using it while the duchess is sleeping ^^
Desu

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2011, 03:39:39 pm »

Someone said artifacts burn forever. Sprinkle it with magma and the god of volcanoes will get sacrifices of useless migrants without rooms at regular basis.

This must be done.  It simply MUST!  A burning artifact will burn forever (which is awesome when you've got a lignite scepter and some macaque!) so it must, therefore, be built, and assigned to someone, to test the effects of a burning bed on dwarven morale.

The next test, of course, is to mod dwarves to be fireproof, and see if they still enjoy burning beds.

mimmfantry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2011, 04:14:25 pm »

I think i will try one and all of the above thanks for the dwarvenly advice. although it may take me some time, I am rather slow at developing fortresses and haven't play in a long time, except for today, the artifact inspired me to keep playing and to build a blood red staircase halfway through the earth to build a grand fortress around. Kind of a perfectionist as well as being slow so don't expect updates on the matter.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2011, 04:27:05 pm »

Heheh, I myself got a coal crown from a mood.

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2011, 04:32:45 pm »

So, has !!science!! proven that a dwarf will try to get into a burning bed?

I'd build a Dwarven bathtub outside the bedroom just to make sure they don't set my booze on fire and give it a shot.  It might even improve efficiency for all we know... last I heard, canceling the "sleep" job just made dwarves go back to work, but something like this just begs for confirmation.
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2011, 06:47:43 pm »

Not if a DF player designed it.  ;D

:reads post:

Man, that sounds really uncomfortable. Not too bad if you're not a noble sleeping right next to an +alunite floodgate+ and a -bauxite lever-.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ipwnurmom221

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2011, 07:38:52 pm »

-bauxite lever-, +alunite floodgate+, and ≡magma crabs≡ (yes, they have quality now). Perfect for nobles!
"I haven't seen my parents in nearly a year, I can't move a foot in any direction, I spend all my days being attacked by animals, and I've been forced to drink sheep puke- wow that's a nice floor grate!"
Pages: 1 [2]