Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: On Ebon Wings - The pain of wakefulness  (Read 3431 times)

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
Re: On Ebon Wings - The pain of wakefulness
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2011, 10:42:57 pm »

You steady yourself and lean on the desk.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This only raises more questions.

You try the drawers, but they are locked.

There is a loud knock on the door.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2011, 10:50:40 pm »

yell who thell are you and try to rember why tou look like the captain of some ship
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2011, 10:50:52 pm »

"Hello?"

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2011, 10:53:43 pm »

Search yourself for weapons. If you find any, ready it and open the door.
[/post]

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2011, 11:14:53 pm »

Lacking any other ideas, you gently lean your weight against the door to hold it shut, and grasp the empty bottle firmly.

Hello?  ::)

It's a **** miracle, sir! I'll get the **** and we can all have a **** in the-

Daniels, quiet. Captain, the Sergeant and I are checking up after last night. Have you been in your quarters all morning?
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2011, 11:22:41 pm »

Respond in the affirmative.
[/post]

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2011, 11:27:42 pm »

I'd just like to take the opportunity to say that Gog damn your art is impressive.
Respond in the affirmative.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2011, 11:44:24 pm »

Yes?  ::)

Daniels, quiet.

Sir?

My apologies. Reflex action.

**** right, Sir. I wouldn't have it any other **** way.

Silence. Sir, have you taken ill? I did warn you about that bottle of absinthe, though you may not remember that episode. Do you require assistance? I swear, Daniels, I don't know why I bring you along. Shouldn't you be brutalising some hapless recruit, anyway?

That **** is already taken care of, sir. I told that **** Merrim, I said to him that he had a few hours to take my position while I danced off with that **** Garrow, and the little **** lit up like a **** in ****.

I hope for your sake that mention of me was embellished just now to enhance the flavour, and not accurately paraphrased. Sir?

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2011, 11:46:33 pm »

"I'm fine. A little hungover. What happened last night?"

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2011, 11:46:48 pm »

Ask him why he is addressing you as sir.
[/post]

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2011, 12:13:01 am »

I am liking this Daniels fellow.

"I'm fine. A little hungover. What happened last night?"
Either this or "Where and who am I." Odds are we can pass it by as less serious a question than it really is.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2011, 12:20:57 am »

I'm fine. A little hungover. What happened last night?  :-\

I **** knew it, sir! I'll be collecting on a **** bet or two from below, if you don't disapprove.  :D

I do disapprove. Don't move. Captain, as you may or may not recall, it was reached by popular consensus among the officers that to celebrate our passage from harbour and the fair weather that has set us on our voyage, we would temporarily and unofficially forget our ranks and perform such acts as imbibing liquor and gambling. Daniels here found you a worthy opponent.

That was a good **** party.  :D

After humbling the lower decks in matters of constitution and gathering several trophies from the upper decks, you retired to quarters, claiming to finish the night in style with a bottle of distillate wrested from a nameless hand. You refused to take companionship, and that was the last seen or heard of you until this meeting.

Still haven't seen her. I bet she looks like ****.

I am fairly certain that she can hear you regardless of appearance, Corporal.

Ah. Sir.  :(

I can't help but notice that you keep referring to me as Captain and Sir...  :-\

It is the appropriate means of addressing the commanding officer of the vessel, Sir, though you have expressed distaste for protocol. Ah, may we enter? A heavy wooden door is not the ideal medium of conversation. Also, I believe you have several of my effects, which I would request that you return, Sir.  :-\

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2011, 12:25:41 am »

"Just give me a moment."
Take a moment to make yourself/your surroundings as presentable as possible, then open the door.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2011, 12:26:59 am »

"Just give me a moment."
Take a moment to make yourself/your surroundings as presentable as possible, then open the door.
[/post]

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2011, 01:49:06 am »

Just give me a moment.

You brush some dust off of your clothing and fix a few imperfections. You still look somewhat hobo-like.

Enter.

*door*

There are two men outside. One is tall, thin and distinguished, with black hair, trimmed beard and dark glasses. He is wearing a long red coat with gold trim, and has three bars. The other is shorter, and possesses a hefty build. His features are not at all pleasant, and he wears a club on his belt. He seems to be wearing plate armour.

Thank you, Captain.

Captain.

You look wretched, sir, though the majority of my fears were unfounded. I would recommend cleaning up, though I am sure your present condition will gain nothing but admiration from the hands.

Seeing that the officers aren't all stuck-up **** will do wonders for morale, Captain.

On present matters... May I have my effects returned? You assured me last night that it was only for show.
Pages: 1 [2] 3