Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Does widow show as a relationship?  (Read 395 times)

Makigall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Does widow show as a relationship?
« on: February 14, 2011, 01:44:27 am »

I just recently suffered some losses in a siege, specifically a markdwarf who got caught out of position went down in a hail of crossbow fire.  I think he was married to one of my spear dwarfs who is in a different squad.  I have my barracks separated by squad so now she's the only melee dwarf in the marksdwarf barracks.  But looking at her it says she's lost a friend recently to tragedy and her relationships show that one of the swordsdwarfs in her squad is now her lover.  And she's ecstatic.

Related question:  Do dwarves have affairs?  Because this all took place over the course of a couple days.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Does widow show as a relationship?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 01:49:20 am »

I don't see any proof of affair here.  If she were married to that dead soldier, she would show as "has lost a lover/husband to tragedy".  "lost a friend to tragedy" is just that, someone whom she knew but wasn't intimate (giggity) with.

So, she has a lover (or recently acquired) and one of her friends died.  No one was married at all here.

ext0l

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Does widow show as a relationship?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 01:52:52 am »

Dwarf marriages last forever on the relationships screen. If a spouse dies, it will still say 'husband/wife' but if you try to look at the unit, it will say 'his/her upper body is missing'

So does family relations and pet relations.
I think if a lover dies a dwarf can get another one.