Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Glitched [SPOILER] Fortress  (Read 1354 times)

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
Glitched [SPOILER] Fortress
« on: February 13, 2011, 11:59:53 am »

UNSPOILERED SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD!

So, I embarked on an unaligned savage oceanside. My game has a half-dozen mods, including Fort Defense, some dragons, and Minotaur as a playable race. Immediately after unpausing, I am told that a cave-in has happened underground. The unit list shows some very unusual monsters.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yes, those are undead demons.
Knowing the identity of this phenomenon, a quick check yielded five weapons at my fortress, one of which was an *Adamantine Scimitar.* Running DFhack's Reveal tool yielded some very interesting results.
These are the pictures of the Demonic Fortress. The two-z-level fortress open to the pits of Hell. Filled with swarms of undead demons even before the pits of Hell have been opened. There are ten pages of undead monstrosities down there.
Also note that instead of glowing floors, there is empty space in the floor of the room housing the weapon. There is a single tile of glowing floor right above a staircase that leads downwards.

Anyway, my guess is that defeating the forces of Hell will be a bit more difficult than usual. After unpausing, the number of demons that showed up brought the number of evil creatures down there to eighteen full pages, along with a skeletal Draltha hanging out in the caverns.
Anyone know what is going on here?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 06:24:15 pm by Crazy Cow »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Glitched [SPOILER] Fortress
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 12:03:16 pm »

Do any of your mods include non-hell demons?  Hell demons are randomly generated infinite creatures, but if you added a custom creature by the name of "demon" then it also has a "zombie demon" and "skeletal demon" variant by default.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 12:07:23 pm »

No, none of the mods have demons in them. Those are indeed actual zombie demons.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 12:13:42 pm »

You broke hell.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 01:35:28 pm »

I don't care how you do it, you need to kill them all, claim your sword, and see where that staircase goes.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 02:08:53 pm »

Or at least upload the save so we can find out.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 02:23:04 pm »

Your first pic isn't popping up.

Either way, that's insane. How are zombie/skeletal creatures made, anyways? Just something that the game spawns using the RAWs?
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

KillerClowns

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 02:28:37 pm »

The area inside a demonic fortresses is automatically declared an evil biome, and there's nothing in demonic raws that says organic demons can't be undead.  So undead demons are as likely to spawn (or possibly more so) as undead anything else if they're in a demonic fortress -- or, coincidentally, under an evil biome.
"A rational enemy is better than a foolish friend." -Arab proverb

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 02:30:39 pm »

Oh so thats where i can find Demon Fortresses !
Time to get some fun.... breaching hell is easyer damn -.- , anyways Prepare a army if you plan to take the cotton weapon and release the clowns.... Those are some tough and scary red nosed clowns
Desu

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 02:31:45 pm »

The area inside a demonic fortresses is automatically declared an evil biome, and there's nothing in demonic raws that says organic demons can't be undead.  So undead demons are as likely to spawn (or possibly more so) as undead anything else if they're in a demonic fortress -- or, coincidentally, under an evil biome.

Actually, only the top levels (the sword level and above) are declared evil. The catch is that here the top is where the bottom should be.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 02:31:59 pm »

1. Right click "image"-->Copy URL
2. Open new tab
3. Paste URL into address bar

Then you can see it.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 03:43:45 pm »

1. Right click "image"-->Copy URL
2. Open new tab
3. Paste URL into address bar

Then you can see it.
I know. I did, but when I open the spoiler, nothing appears. I quoted him, and copy-pasted the URL.
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 03:50:05 pm »

Yeah, he didn't use the direct link to the image.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 03:52:50 pm »

He used this line:

[/img]http://img11.imageshack.us/f/undeaddemon.png/[/img]

And nothing appears. (Minus the / that appears in the front, that was to make the line appear)

white_darkness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2011, 04:15:02 pm »

So he was shooting for this...

Problem would be the slash after the .png and that is the link to the imageshack page, not the actual image as above which is http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/254/undeaddemon.png
Pages: [1] 2