Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Star Command: Carriers at War - Turn 2: There Will Be Blood  (Read 8686 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star Command: Carriers at War - Briefing is up! Would more like to join?
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 09:57:37 pm »

Sure I will play as a Frigate as long as I can play as a my fighter group later

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 11:31:42 pm »

I'll take the Deimos, and perhaps put a squad up later.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 11:34:49 pm »

I will take th Triton

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 11:35:20 pm »

I'll take the Phobos, and we shall have ourselves a rivalry!
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 11:40:45 pm »

Roster fixed. I think I got an even number of everything.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2011, 11:51:17 pm »

I'll take a frigate, and get myself on the waiting list too.

Captain Name: Jones
I'll take the Nereid :)

Squad Info

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 03:38:33 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2011, 02:51:05 am »

Squad Bios!

Now there is a damn good idea.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ShadowZane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2011, 02:56:45 am »

Commander Duncan from the Duke of Venus ready for orders, sir!
(You might want to post a weapon equipment list for Frigates/Carriers so we know what weapons we have/can equip)
"Never discuss with an idiot,
first he brings you down to his niveau and then he beats you there cause of his experience"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2011, 03:36:22 am »

Capital ships already have stats. I don't fully understand them, and customization might be nice, but they're there and not intended as the focus of the game anyway.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2011, 10:33:56 am »

i have no I dea what guns I cna get so

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2011, 10:44:32 am »

I call the Intrepid
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2011, 11:22:46 am »

Wow, almost a full fleet! I'm going to get started on the final roster for the Empire and the Collective and then Turn one can begin!

Let me see if I can answer a few questions:

Roster fixed. I think I got an even number of everything.

Yep, looks good! Just remember when they get sent out on missions, the 2 wingmen should be flying the same type of craft!
Commander Duncan from the Duke of Venus ready for orders, sir!
(You might want to post a weapon equipment list for Frigates/Carriers so we know what weapons we have/can equip)
I call the Intrepid
While I didn't really intend to see these big boys be taken over by players just I suppose I can make an exception for the Destroyers as long as you two promise not to charge them off to battle willy nilly.
@Shadowzane, the Carrier will stay under my control, but if you would like to Command the Revenge, Intrepid's sister ship, I'll allow it.

Capital ships already have stats. I don't fully understand them, and customization might be nice, but they're there and not intended as the focus of the game anyway.

Correct! I thought about customization, but I thought for the first game, I'd try and keep the mechanics fairly simple and focus on the fleet battles. You can assume most ships have a combination of guns and missiles. But let me see if I can explain the stats of both a little better.

Class: Light Fighter - A number of models could fall under the class, but for this game they'll all operate under the same stats.
Speed: 5 - How fast a ship is, determines how easy it is to engage/disengage and makes it easier to gain initiative during a dogfight
Manoeuvre: 6 - Turn rate, climb, also a large factor in dog fight initiative. A high manoeuvre will make it difficult for enemies to land hits.
Defense: 3 - Armour and overall durability - The difference between this and the Enemy's attack will determine how easy it is to damage or destroy the fighter
Ship Attack: 1 - The overall strength of weapons on board that can damage the thick hull of a capital ship
Fighter Attack: 3 - The overall strength of weapons on board that can track and hit the nimble fight craft

1) When Fighters see each other, depending on their mission and numbers, will try to engage or disengage from a fight. Speed and pilot skill are the main determining factors in this.
2) If a fight occurs, Fighters will each roll for dogfight initiative, adding bonuses for speed, manoeuvrability and pilot skill
3) Winners of initiative will get a chance to fire on the other fighter, manoeuvrability and pilot skill being the main factors here
4) If a hit occurs a roll is made to determine if damage occurs, defense vs. Fighter Attack. Pilot skill may also factor in.
5) Depending on the damage sustained we return to 1 to see if Fighters engage or disengage and repeat the process until the fighters are driven off or destroyed.

Capital Ships are similar but more deadly to approach alone. They will always be able to fire in return, simulating each ship having a defensive battery as incoming fighters approach it.
Class: Destroyer
Speed: 1
Maneuver: 1 Turret Speed(3) - The Cap Ship are slow and pondering, as is evidence by maneuver 1. But the turrets are faster and track at manuever 3.
Defense: 4 HP(6) - HP signifies how many hits a ship can take before it gets destroyed
Ship Attack: 4 RoF(3) - How many times in a phase a ship may fire weapons large enough to damage another Capital Ship
Fighter Attack: 2 RoF(4) - How many times in a phase a ship can fire defensive batteries at incoming fighters.

ShadowZane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, may the Revenge and the Intrepid will defend the Duke of Venus and crahs their enemies! (I think *gg)
"Never discuss with an idiot,
first he brings you down to his niveau and then he beats you there cause of his experience"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Commodore Taric is at the empire's service.
Preferably in white armour  ;D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Commodore Taric is at the empire's service.
Preferably in white armour  ;D

Captain Taric ;)
Alright, may the Revenge and the Intrepid will defend the Duke of Venus and crahs their enemies! (I think *gg)

That's the spirit!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7