Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ALL GOBLINS IS BABIES!  (Read 401 times)

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
ALL GOBLINS IS BABIES!
« on: February 12, 2011, 06:40:33 pm »

...so, a siege showed up. Lotta pikemen, one lone crossbowman. So I was like, "oh, crud! Not with the merchants on-screen!"

Well, the merchants made it inside, fortress went into lockdown. I fully expected that the traps (disc traps) would take care of most if not all of the goblins, but just to be sure, I stationed my 27 axedwarves and their massive herd of wardogs near the entrance to mop up any survivors that could crawl into my fort.

The goblins made it to the trap corridor.

The goblins puttered about outside for a while, maybe wondering why there was no millitary coming for them.

One of the pikemen, bless his green scaly heart, decided to set the right example and walked into the trap corridor.

He dodged a whole lot of spinning iron discs, and then got a tiny cut on his arm.

Immediatley, the goblins scattered like beetles on the underside of a hatch cover and ran for the map's edge.

...fuckin' cowards. All that build-up and no pay-off.

Know what the worst of it is? One lone kobold thief DID have the guts to come into the fortress...

Well, he got torn into a lot of tiny pieces by the dogs and was finished off by an axe to his adorable little noggin, but A for effort.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 06:42:10 pm by Mister Always »
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: ALL GOBLINS IS BABIES!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 06:44:10 pm »

This happens, yes...  It's considered a bug by most people and will likely be tweaked in future releases.  You can attempt to add [NO_PAIN] to the goblin's creature file, maybe [NO_FEAR] too, but these have debatable results.