Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Epic Crysis 2 Fail  (Read 9013 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Epic Crysis 2 Fail
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2011, 12:01:21 am »

You, EA must seriously have beef with public libraries.

Back on topic though, a publicized leak like this can only be bad for crytek. I wouldn't be surprised if they had some extra work to do preventing the old dev console and master authentication key from working at release, and it might even result in cheats being made that wouldn't otherwise. Plus the whole, you know, people playing it and not the paid version.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2011, 04:22:33 am »

Downloaded, played for 30 minutes, uninstalled, downgraded game from "buy after reviews" to "buy when on sale".
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2011, 05:16:04 am »

You do realize this is still a non-final build, right? It's bound to still be buggy as hell. I promise you, they will be working on this until the very last second.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2011, 05:18:27 am »

And this is why events like this are bad for a developer. People judge their work based on whatever state it's in.

Maybe gamers have such a refined sense of their own interests, they don't need to play a finished version to know it's not worth their release dollars. But I think everyone makes snap judgments based on what's in front of them, and that's can't be helpful for a AAA game sequel that everyone has been looking forward too.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2011, 05:45:27 am »

Uh, wait, maybe its just my bad english but when he said "downgraded game from "buy after reviews" to "buy when on sale".", i thought he meant he'd buy it directly when its released instead of waiting for reviews, no ?

Which would be positive. But i may be wrong. Maybe he meant "low cost sale".

Also, i havent played the first Crysis, is it good ?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2011, 05:55:35 am »

The first one was a breath fresh air in an otherwise very very bland period of 'realistic' shooters, this could be interesting but i'm really not that hyped about it for some reason
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2011, 05:56:42 am »

Uh, wait, maybe its just my bad english but when he said "downgraded game from "buy after reviews" to "buy when on sale".", i thought he meant he'd buy it directly when its released instead of waiting for reviews, no ?

Which would be positive. But i may be wrong. Maybe he meant "low cost sale".

Since he said downgraded, I assume he meant he'd buy it when it's being sold at a low price.

And yes, the first Crysis is pretty good.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2011, 06:12:48 am »

The first crysis was a mediocre mainstream shooter with the suit gimmick holding it up, if you turn the graphics down you'll understand what I'm saying. It follows every shooter trope in the book (vehicle section, stealth section, defend the 'x' section, etc.).
While Crysis:Warhead was the last stitch through the nose for me, Crysis Wars was a step in the right direction because it had gameplay similar to the Battlefield games (in my opinion, the best series of the genre). Crysis 2 seems to have forgotten this step forward and copied their multiplayer gameplay from the Call of Duty games and added the suit. That's not a good thing.
Good modding tools are probably the only thing that could make me come back to this franchise. Good mod support is what keeps me coming back to games like Half Life 2 and the old Battlefields.

Give them the option to add zombies and they will come.

If people play the leak and find it lacking, I can't blame them. I actually have bought most of the games I've pirated over the years including Grand Theft Auto 4 (3 times, once on Xbox, one to replace that one when it got scratched beyond repair and once on PC so I could mod it), Minecraft, Battlefield 2 Call of Duty 4 and the Serious Sams. The only game I didn't later buy legitimately was Halo 2, because it was a shameless port and shit.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2011, 06:16:27 am »

AFAIK, the only really notable thing in it was the fact that it was so fucking graphics intensive.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2011, 06:17:02 am »

EDIT:  Oh, I forgot.  How many times does this fucking discussion have to take place?
As many times as someone brings it up and you post QFT posts to back it up. If you don't want a discussion about it, then ignore posts about it.

You do realize this is still a non-final build, right? It's bound to still be buggy as hell. I promise you, they will be working on this until the very last second.
That's hardly a time frame in which you fix a "buggy as hell" high budget title. Unless they intend to do a 0-day patch, most likely it won't be much different.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2011, 06:27:37 am »

I forgot to mention that this is a by the book sequel and the only time sequels have ever benifitted a series is when they bring enough new ideas to the table to have their own identity. GTA4 (ragdolls, euphoria, drunkenness, 'realism', etc.), COD 4 (not WW2) and Battlefield: Bad Company (destructible environments, which is going to be in BF3!) are all prime examples of this.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2011, 07:03:54 am »

I'd say Crysis 1 or Warhead is definitely worth getting if it's cheap, if for no other reason than Mechwarrior Living Legends.  It's really not bad.  Just sort of average, with really awesome graphics, and a neat suit.  And the fact that it wasn't a console port does help the gameplay.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2011, 08:27:32 am »

I'm just angry I spent $90 on Warhead. Imagine my above posts with 50% less bile for a more accurate opinion. Except the multiplayer bit, I'm really angry about that.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2011, 08:42:52 am »

Wait. what?
Why would you spend 90$ on a 5 hour expansion with no multiplayer?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2011, 08:50:50 am »

I'm pretty sure it has multiplayer.  Crysis Wars or something right?
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6