Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Spear Usage  (Read 1879 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Spear Usage
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 04:40:54 am »

To be fair, I've heard of dwarves equipping like 4 shields and 5 swords, as well as an axe and two maces.  I'm prone to imagine that this was in a previous version, though, since grasping seems to have been mostly fixed.

Abyss, Holder of Light

• Bay Watcher
  • [DARK_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2011, 06:45:48 am »

I would imagine so...unless you have 3 armed dwarves?

...now i want 3 armed dwarves.

Spears and shields, eh? Add a shortsword, make them wear a leather/cloth thong, add a red cape, and voila.

Repeat for the next 297 dwarves.
Clearly now all we need added are dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees at you. Thus we can release them along with the dogs & bees themselves when unwelcome guests come to your fortress.

And then lock the door.

Nopkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 08:08:53 am »

Spears and shields, eh? Add a shortsword, make them wear a leather/cloth thong, add a red cape, and voila.

Repeat for the next 297 dwarves.

^---this...I have a set of dwarves JUST for this...a bronze helm, bronze shield and bronze high boots...I take liberty with the Red-Steel spear, but can you blame me?

lol, I choose them from the second the migration comes in, they never leave the training room, are never bonded to any animal or other dwarf except for his comrades...they're nigh-unkillable, and I always screen for desirable traits :P

-Jobs are to be assigned to Dwarves in alphabetical order, regardless of skill or specialization.

Pages: 1 [2]