Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No mayor announcement?  (Read 489 times)

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
No mayor announcement?
« on: February 12, 2011, 02:34:39 pm »

I've never seen an election notice in 31.18. I can tell when a mayor was replaced, because there is an annoucement when their mandates end. When I checked, I found that my long-time mayor had been replaced by a 12-year old who turned into a peasant from a child a month before.

I guess this is another reason for isolated dwarf daycare. If kids idle all day, making friends, they win elections when they get old enough.

I miss seeing the "re-elected" messages like was in 40d.

Haruspex_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No mayor announcement?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 02:53:09 pm »

Yeah, it gets annoying when you check the [n]oble screen and suddenly discover that you have three (probably new) rooms to furnish. A notice would be nice.

GrizzleBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 05:08:58 pm »

Yes. This. It is annoying.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 05:10:25 pm »

Why do you need to furnish new rooms?  I just make regular rooms, and then a mayor's room.  When mayor changes, I change who owns the room!  The old one goes back to his lame room, new one takes over the mayoral suite.

Keejus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 05:19:52 pm »

If I get a mayor I don't care for, I just reassign the old mayor to his position. I don't know if I'm supposed to be able to do it, but the game lets me just fine

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 05:27:46 pm »

Why do you need to furnish new rooms?  I just make regular rooms, and then a mayor's room.  When mayor changes, I change who owns the room!  The old one goes back to his lame room, new one takes over the mayoral suite.

Yeah, that's what I do.  It fulfills their requirements...and the marginal negative thoughts they might get from sleeping in their old room are irrelevant compared to the good ones from their new quarters. 
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 05:28:37 pm »

Yeah, if you've got a dining room with a single steel table the bad mood is negated.