Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: other races adventurer  (Read 742 times)

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
other races adventurer
« on: February 12, 2011, 08:51:10 am »

Hey guys need a little advice, i would like to play adventurer with other race than human, dwarf or elf. I've seen some mods, but they also adding weapons, materials and other things which i want to stay vanilla. I would like to play like beastman and have claws and fangs like natural weapon, is it doable?

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: other races adventurer
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 08:53:56 am »

I think you need to mod such a civilization .....  or ask someone to do it
Desu

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 09:09:48 am »

create a text file in object/raws called entity_something

then copy this in the file

Code: [Select]
entity_something (it must be the name of file)

[OBJECT:ENTITY]

[ENTITY:ENTITY_NAME]
[CREATURE:CREATURE_NAME]
[INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]
just change ENTITY_NAME to any unused entity name and CREATURE_NAME to the name of the creature you want to use.

this allows you to play as a "CREATURE_NAME outsider"

P.S.: remember to gen a new world
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 09:12:54 am by Iados »

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 09:57:38 am »

If you do not want to gen a new world you can also just open the entity-raw of the region you are playing with and change the creature-name of the entity that has the [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]-tag to the creature you want to play as. This will not affect any of the existing creatures of the entity you change but it will allow you to start an outsider-chracter of the race you want.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 10:14:11 am »

If you do not want to gen a new world you can also just open the entity-raw of the region you are playing with and change the creature-name of the entity that has the [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]-tag to the creature you want to play as. This will not affect any of the existing creatures of the entity you change but it will allow you to start an outsider-chracter of the race you want.

This is preferable but doesn't work for me. First there are entities and creatures txt in the raws. Im using raws from primitive civilizations mod. So i copy creature_wolfman_pc.txt to the worlds raws.
It looks like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And i add the [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE].
But im doing something wrong, cause i dont get the option to play as wolfman outsider.

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 10:35:33 am »

My approach only works if the creature you want to play as already had a creature-raw from the beginning but no entity-entry (like a tigerman or a satyr) .
If you want to add a complete new creature you have to regen. Or you could maybe change the existing werwolf-entry if you want to play as a wolfman so bad?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 10:37:27 am by Glanzor »