Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: The DF Map Archive  (Read 79120 times)

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
Re: The DF Map Archive
« Reply #180 on: February 01, 2009, 03:33:45 pm »

Is there any good workaround yet for the uploading with Chrome bug?

Markavian

• Bay Watcher
  • DF Map Archive Admin
    • View Profile
    • DF Map Archive
« Reply #181 on: February 08, 2009, 02:37:20 pm »

RE: Shurikane - have sorted this out via email, for ref: needed to check the PoI Sharing checkbox for it to store the information, otherwise it ignores it and carries on. Have mitigated the problem by automatically setting PoI Sharing if you specify an end-date.

Is there any good workaround yet for the uploading with Chrome bug?
My appologies nil, I have not looked into fixing this yet. I can only suggest that you use a different browser for the time being if you're wanting to upload maps. I haven't installed Chrome and haven't investigated the problem, so can't suggest a Chrome fix yet.

Faces of Mu

• Bay Watcher
  • I once saw a baby ghost...but it was just a tissue
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 09, 2009, 09:41:29 am »

Markavian, I get embarrassed emailing you every few months asking for a new password because I forgot my old one. Will you be putting in an automatic password recovery system soon?  :P

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 12, 2009, 07:48:03 pm »

I've been having trouble adding a map to a series.  I click "add map to series," select the map file I want to upload, but when it is uploaded, it does not show up as part of the series.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Coaldiamond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 13, 2009, 02:38:25 pm »

I am writing to express my gratitude toward Markavian for creating and operating DFMA. I have really enjoyed the archive and agree that it really strengthens the whole DF experience.

Also, the movie player is a great way to introduce new people to the real charm and humorous possibilities of DF, moreso than any screenshot could.

Sinergistic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 13, 2009, 08:53:32 pm »

Markavian, I get embarrassed emailing you every few months asking for a new password because I forgot my old one. Will you be putting in an automatic password recovery system soon?  :P

lol, that is pretty bad :P

pick a throw away one and write it down.

Faces of Mu

• Bay Watcher
  • I once saw a baby ghost...but it was just a tissue
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 13, 2009, 09:22:44 pm »

Ha! I actually forgot it again today except for the first four letters. I had to use the dictionary to figure out what the rest of the word was!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 04, 2009, 01:30:02 am »

A new version of the map compressor, 3.3.4, has been released to fix a bug which was resulting in some rough obsidian floors being written out as black tiles. You can get it here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=997

(It's still at the same place as before, as well, but google intends to close down google pages sometime soon, and migrate stuff onto google sites, which will break any links to google pages when that happens)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Markavian

• Bay Watcher
  • DF Map Archive Admin
    • View Profile
    • DF Map Archive
« Reply #188 on: May 16, 2009, 02:44:18 pm »

I've been having trouble adding a map to a series.  I click "add map to series," select the map file I want to upload, but when it is uploaded, it does not show up as part of the series.

Sorry for the slow response, I've been off the forums for a long time. I can see the problem you described - the link doesn't handle the "quotes" in your fortress name, but I've just fixed that now, e.g.: http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/addmap.php?fortressName=Libash+Tobot%2C+%26quot%3BThe+Axe+of+Authority%26quot%3B&author=LegoLord

Updates

2009-05-16
  • The favourites page now correctly groups maps across their histories, giving a truer picture of the most favourite maps.
  • I've added created a Random Movie picker, similar to the Random Point of Interest box, and moved the box on the front page to top right corner.
  • Received word that Safari on the Mac also has problems uploading fdf-map files, as does Google Chrome - I know what the problem is but am unwilling at present to reduce the security on uploads. I am somewhat dissapointed with Safari and Google Chrome for breaking my site.
  • Added + symbol to Upload Map and Upload Movie on site links.

Kami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 15, 2009, 07:08:43 am »

Hi, I have a problem to post a comment. It says:
Message failed spam check A.

Message failed spam check B.

Message failed spam check C.

Here is my text:
I just have finished my decimal digit display for 4-bit binay numbers some minutes ago!
I was just looking around if something interesting was uploaded since the last time I have been here, and what do I have to see?
You did the same thing one month before me!

I donīt know what to say, I donīt know you, but I think, I hate you!!! ^^

http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-1745-dwarfputerv01

By the way, the flakey problem is a timing problem: If you change more than 1 bit at the same time or have some conditions where combined logic is done by pressure plates, itīll happen that a pump is shut down at one moment, and the next moment it restarts because of a signal from the other bit or another part of the combined logic arrives. So water will lower for a short moment on top of the plate, and raise again. If this happenes fast enough that the used mechanism did not react on the first signal, one signal gets lost. I used gears for the logic and pressure plates only for the final control of the bridges. This makes it more stable up to 99%. When only 1 bit at the same time is changed it is totally stable.

Here the movie I tried to comment:
http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-1657-7segmentlcddisplay

Markavian

• Bay Watcher
  • DF Map Archive Admin
    • View Profile
    • DF Map Archive
« Reply #190 on: May 16, 2010, 04:04:25 am »

Hey Kami,

Really sorry that I only just read your forum message.
Sorry that you encounted the "Failed Spam Check" messages- I'm sorta impressed that you managed to activate all three of them, but unfortunately it stopped you posting a valid message.

If you have an account at the DFMA you can avoid the spam checks, and you'd have been able to post your comment. I encourage you to sign-up and post again if you can because its great for people viewing movies and maps to be able to see and follow links to other similar content.

The open-comments system is good for leaving feedback, but usually only caters for short messages. Your detailed response was a bit much for the spam system to handle :)

I hope you still get round to using the DFMA.

Best regards,
- Markavian
http://mkv25.net/dfma/

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 16, 2010, 09:49:14 am »

Sorry that you encounted the "Failed Spam Check" messages- I'm sorta impressed that you managed to activate all three of them, but unfortunately it stopped you posting a valid message.

I'm interested in knowing what those checks are and how the comment got flagged by all of them.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 09, 2010, 06:24:20 am »

Using an old Forum about the DF Map Archive seemed wiser then starting a New one, so this isn't a full Necro...

I have been doing a bit of work with PoI on the Maps I have recently uploaded and as I got around to one of them I noticed that I have Marked one Incorrectly...

Does anyone know how I can Edit it or delete it to place the correct one???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Markavian

• Bay Watcher
  • DF Map Archive Admin
    • View Profile
    • DF Map Archive
« Reply #193 on: November 25, 2010, 09:45:37 pm »

I'm interested in knowing what those checks are and how the comment got flagged by all of them.
Usually its because you've used too many lines/paragraphs in your posts. Most spam comes on multiple lines, so that's one of my checks. If you sign in and create an account your posts aren't subject to this restriction. I suppose the unregistered post box is just meant for people to leave short comments.

Markavian

• Bay Watcher
  • DF Map Archive Admin
    • View Profile
    • DF Map Archive
« Reply #194 on: November 25, 2010, 09:47:21 pm »

Using an old Forum about the DF Map Archive seemed wiser then starting a New one, so this isn't a full Necro...

I have been doing a bit of work with PoI on the Maps I have recently uploaded and as I got around to one of them I noticed that I have Marked one Incorrectly...

Does anyone know how I can Edit it or delete it to place the correct one???

Hey Nevyn, if you register your user name and login a link [Edit this point of interest] appears on the description for the PoI that lets you move the PoI around, change its text/title etc. or remove it completely.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14