Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Just recorded my first DF rap.  (Read 2865 times)

Xyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Just recorded my first DF rap.
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2011, 02:19:51 pm »

Necro'er?  This topic is less than a week old.

Komus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2011, 06:36:12 pm »

Awesome! Thanks "necro," I missed this :D

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2011, 06:39:58 pm »

Ah, that was funny. Make some more if you can make it that good. It sounded good too!
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

elctropenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • The one true electric penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2011, 06:43:57 pm »

This should be the song that standard in dwarf fortress witch means it plays when your playing dwarffortress
SO MANY FREAKIN HARPYS!!! OH THE PAIN!!!! (last words of urist mcducan as he vainly tried to stem the tied of none stop harpy kamikazes)

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
  • Listen to my album at www.oldschoolpoindexter.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2011, 01:18:09 am »

you people rule.
anytime i post anything like this anywhere, i expect about 75% of the responses to be flame.

so far, none.

wow.

you folks rule.
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2011, 09:03:07 am »

... that's... that's good rap.
It exists!
And it's dwarven rap!
What's not to love?  :D
However, I'd like to see the lyrics posted; as I'm not a native English speaker, it's difficult for me to understand everything you're singing.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2011, 10:20:05 am »

you people rule.
anytime i post anything like this anywhere, i expect about 75% of the responses to be flame.

so far, none.

wow.

you folks rule.

Bay12Games: Where we airdrown mermaids for their bones, imprison countless of goblins and then throw them off tall towers for our amusement, have guys like Meatgod, and kick kobolds in the scaly behind when they try to steal our worthless rock salt mugs...but we're always nice to the creative guys.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
  • Listen to my album at www.oldschoolpoindexter.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2011, 06:12:33 pm »

... that's... that's good rap.
It exists!
And it's dwarven rap!
What's not to love?  :D
However, I'd like to see the lyrics posted; as I'm not a native English speaker, it's difficult for me to understand everything you're singing.
i got a lotta miners and i gotta lotta picks
i gotta lotta growers and brewers and weaponsmiths
i gotta lotta mountain and i gotta lotta time
got dwarves, got diggin, down down and got diamonds in the rough
carried em up to the surface for the purpose to work em until they certainly circling perfect.
then observe when we slang em right off to the elves and humans.
(dont wear the bullshit ourselves, it's foolish)
yo, we can tell the truest stories about the guts and the glory but we'd rather keep the longland beer pouring.
i gotta lotta miners and i gotta lotta picks
i gotta lotta growers and brewers [and weaponsmiths|to keep me rich]
i gotta lotta mountain and i gotta lotta time
got dwarves, got diggin, got down and got diamonds in the rough.
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2011, 03:18:32 am »

...yeaaah~

Just wanted to let you know I favourited this and listen to it quite often when I play DF.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2011, 04:36:58 am »

you people rule.

so far, none.

wow.

you folks rule.

Bay12Games: Where we airdrown mermaids for their bones, imprison countless of goblins and then throw them off tall towers for our amusement, have guys like Meatgod, and kick kobolds in the scaly behind when they try to steal our worthless rock salt mugs...but we're always nice to the creative guys.
It's cause we're the oddballs of the Intertubez.  We troll the elves, not each other. :D
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"
Pages: 1 2 [3]